Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-20, 12:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thank you Margot! Both workouts sound great & feel myself starting to cave! I’m not a big fan of pure Pilates & love the idea of combing it with yoga.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 02:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Margot, thanks very much! Appreciate the time you took to give us a breakdown of the exercises!

I'm not buying many DVDs these days but always make room for Jessica's workouts! She's a favorite and always so delightful and positive and the scenery is so welcome this time of year.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 12:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thank you, Margot those were very helpful!!

I did have a question...I noticed in the preview there appear to be inset views of modifications during the workout?
...Were those distracting at all? Or was that a feature you could turn off or on?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 08:55 AM  
star117

thank you for the review!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 10:49 AM  
Twigs

You're all welcome. I'm just worried that some people may not like these workouts as much as me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Thank you, Margot those were very helpful!!

I did have a question...I noticed in the preview there appear to be inset views of modifications during the workout?
...Were those distracting at all? Or was that a feature you could turn off or on?
Hi Linda

Personally, I didn't found the inset views distracting. They don't stay on screen for the whole exercise - maybe 10 seconds or so - and when she repeats a side where a modification was shown, the inset view doesn't appear on the screen. I didn't see anywhere that I could turn this feature off. I don't know if the DVD will be different?

I think there are only a couple of mods for the floor workout. Jessica does have more in the standing workout, as there are more challenging balancing poses.

I wonder if you're a die-hard Pilates exerciser, this workout might be too easy? I remember doing PBL years ago and Lisa's workouts are much more advanced. PBL was too hard for me; most of epilates was just about my level. Jessica's does have a few challenging poses but I found it enjoyable but still feeling like I've worked my body - but not to exhaustion!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 10:58 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
I wonder if you're a die-hard Pilates exerciser, this workout might be too easy? I remember doing PBL years ago and Lisa's workouts are much more advanced. PBL was too hard for me; most of epilates was just about my level. Jessica's does have a few challenging poses but I found it enjoyable but still feeling like I've worked my body - but not to exhaustion!
Oh girl, I like my pilates low intensity with a slice of easy!

And everyone is responsible for their own caving, lol. I think your breakdowns are just another bit of info that is helpful! Thanks for answering my question about the modification inset.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 11:27 AM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
You're all welcome. I'm just worried that some people may not like these workouts as much as me!

Hi Linda

Personally, I didn't found the inset views distracting. They don't stay on screen for the whole exercise - maybe 10 seconds or so - and when she repeats a side where a modification was shown, the inset view doesn't appear on the screen. I didn't see anywhere that I could turn this feature off. I don't know if the DVD will be different?

I think there are only a couple of mods for the floor workout. Jessica does have more in the standing workout, as there are more challenging balancing poses.

This sounds perfect. Thank You so much
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-20, 09:21 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

New delivery date

Just got email from Amazon, new estimated delivery date 12/20!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 05:44 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Just got email from Amazon, new estimated delivery date 12/20!
Nice! Alas, no email for me My anticipated delivery is still after Christmas (I don't have prime).
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 06:11 AM  
T2B

One of my dvds shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. Weird that I didn’t get a shipping notice for both. I ordered both at the same time but got two emails with shipping status so I wonder if they are coming from different locations.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith streaming, jessica smith stretching, jessica smith workouts, lift and shift, new releases, upcoming releases