Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-20, 01:17 PM  
NancyW

I only had the original vaccine about 10 years ago when they changed the age from 60 to 50.
My doctor has been telling me for the last few years that I should get the Shingrix vaccine, and I've been stalling.
Well, about three weeks ago, I got the shingles. Luckily a very mild case on my right torso. One of my co-workers had it in April. She never had the original vaccine and was on the waiting list for Shingrix. She was out of work for four days, and said her case was pretty bad.
My sons, who are in their late 30's, both had it last year. One had a mild case like me. My youngest had a pretty bad case. It ran all the way up his left side to the side of his face. Fortunately it did not affect his eyes. My DIL said he was really sick for about a week.
NancyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 10:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Nancy, I missed your reply. I hope everyone is feeling better!

I had the second Shingrix shot yesterday afternoon. Right down to the wire as it was almost 6 months. Count me in the "first one a breeze, second one a bear" camp. My arm isn't super sore, but I slept even worse than usual. Today, I don't feel that great. A slight fever and lethargy. Some digestive issues.

Before the shot yesterday, I hadn't been inside a business in almost four months. Now I have to worry that my symptoms could be something worse. I wore a mask, gloves and put hand sanitizer on about five times while I was in the pharmacy.

What stressful times!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 11:15 AM  
Scorpio6

bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 12:02 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer;2880741

Before the shot yesterday, I hadn't been inside a business [U
in almost four months[/U]. Now I have to worry that my symptoms could be something worse. I wore a mask, gloves and put hand sanitizer on about five times while I was in the pharmacy.

What stressful times!!!
I don't think you'd have symptoms so close to exposure. I suspect it's just side effects from the vaccine. Hope you feel better soon.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 04:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I don't think you'd have symptoms so close to exposure. I suspect it's just side effects from the vaccine. Hope you feel better soon.

Erica
Erica, I'm sure you're right. I'm jut terribly paranoid at this time.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-03-20, 09:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Nancy, I missed your reply. I hope everyone is feeling better!

I had the second Shingrix shot yesterday afternoon. Right down to the wire as it was almost 6 months. Count me in the "first one a breeze, second one a bear" camp. My arm isn't super sore, but I slept even worse than usual. Today, I don't feel that great. A slight fever and lethargy. Some digestive issues.

Before the shot yesterday, I hadn't been inside a business in almost four months. Now I have to worry that my symptoms could be something worse. I wore a mask, gloves and put hand sanitizer on about five times while I was in the pharmacy.

What stressful times!!!
Alta, those are the effects my DH had after the second Shingrix shot. They passed in a day or two IIRC.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 03:08 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm feeling better today. Had a temp up to 99.6 last night . It didn't go higher. I still feel a bit warm and have a mild headache. I should be all better in a day or so.

Thank heavens that's done with!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-13-20, 02:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH had his first Shingrix shot the other day. His arm became very sore. He felt lousy for a day, but no fever.

He says he's back to 100% today.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 09-16-20, 12:39 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH had his second shot last week. He felt crappy for a day or so and now is fine.

I am soooooooooooooo glad that is out of the way!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 09-16-20, 01:53 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
DH had his second shot last week. He felt crappy for a day or so and now is fine.

I am soooooooooooooo glad that is out of the way!
Yay! My DH also recently got his second shot. He felt really bad from about 12-24 hours after, but then got better. Like you, I'm relieved we're both done.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shingles vaccination, shingrix, side effects