Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-17, 07:35 AM  
bubbles76

Beanpeanut, I could be wrong, but I think nckfitheart was talking about people in general, not necessarily you, when she talked about the people who didn't like Serena. Although she was directly referencing you with the ballerina comment

A person's demeanor at their worst can color how you feel about them in general, no matter how much adversity they have faced, illnesses they've overcome, or skill they have displayed in tough situations. For instance, although Mariah Carey and Beyonce are amazing singers and have done a lot for their communities, I can't feel all joyful inside because of how I've seen them at their worst (not in person, obviously). They both seem pretty hard to work with, for different reasons.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 10-01-17, 05:49 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Serena's letter to her mother was distributed shortly after publication Maria Sharapova's fixated and snarky book, which made numerous bitter references to Serena and her body. I personally found Serena's letter a classy high road response to Sharapova's low road sniping.
Old 10-03-17, 02:05 PM  
nckfitheart

[QUOTE=beanpeanut;2735844][QUOTE=nckfitheart;2735625

Ballerina.....I'm describing a motion that the sister's make after they win a match. If my feelings about this motion(Ballerina) bothered you, well....sorry you are offended.[/QUOTE]

I am not offended neither am I bothered by you mentioning the ballerina motion. I am just pointing out the double standard demeanor, in general, towards Serena.

[QUOTE=beanpeanut;2735847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nckfitheart View Post
For that narrow minded crowd!/QUOTE]

Well.... what about this! Whom are we referring to??
I am referring to hollyweird and mainstream media promoting skinny women instead of empowering women to look more healthy at their best ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Beanpeanut, I could be wrong, but I think nckfitheart was talking about people in general, not necessarily you, when she talked about the people who didn't like Serena. Although she was directly referencing you with the ballerina comment
yes Bubbles 76 you are right! I suppose Serena is free to do the ballerina move to graciously thank her supporters.
Old 10-03-17, 02:12 PM  
nckfitheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
I personally found Serena's letter a classy high road response to Sharapova's low road sniping.
I agree! Drug suspension for Sharapova was already bad enough. Low enough to come up with these quotes in her book!
Old 10-05-17, 11:58 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
Maria Sharapova's fixated and snarky book
This had nothing to do with my comments on Serena!
Old 10-06-17, 12:08 AM  
beanpeanut

[QUOTE=nckfitheart;2736265][QUOTE I am just pointing out the double standard demeanor, in general, towards Serena.

What is this double stander biz that keeps coming up?
Old 10-06-17, 06:21 AM  
amoodygirl

I am also not a fan of the Williams' sisters because of everything beanpeanut said. Look, you make a TON of money playing a game. Be gracious, be kind, be thankful. That's all.

I'm actually not a fan of tennis at all. I worked for the USTA in 1997 and all I will say is they are a horrible organization. I could have blown the whistle on some really nasty things that were actually stupidly put into a memo that I found but I chose to quit instead.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 10-06-17, 07:39 AM  
nckfitheart

l believe this thread was posted to inform anyone (regardless of being a fan or not!) about a tennis player giving birth.

Now, as a known quote say: "if you have nothing nice to say, it is better to not state anything! Political correctness, sarcasm or snarkiness is not synonymous to being kind!

The term 'Double standards' can easily be found on google.
'a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups'.
Old 10-06-17, 08:41 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
l believe this thread was posted to inform anyone (regardless of being a fan or not!) about a tennis player giving birth.

Now, as a known quote say: "if you have nothing nice to say, it is better to not state anything! Political correctness, sarcasm or snarkiness is not synonymous to being kind!

'a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups'.
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for clarifying what a "Double Standard" means. I didn't learn that when I obtained my Ph.D.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 10-06-17, 10:15 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:

And because some people aren't fans, they're saying so.

Anyone who starts a thread can't control its direction. There have been countless threads here on VF about specific instructors that were begun by the instructor's fan, only to have things get hissy because people who aren't fans chime in.

Serena's a public figure, as are video instructors. You might not like it that people who aren't fans of Serena have posted on this thread, but they are free to state their opinion. Not every thread has to be a love fest.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
Closed Thread