Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-21, 09:22 PM  
saffron

Lift & Shift - I got a refund

Welp, I gave it a shot but it's not for me at this time.

Extremely generous of Jessica to offer a money back guarantee. I have many of her digital workouts on Purple Player and will be purchasing more.

I emailed my refund request at 9:45pm and they responded within 15mins that it had been processed. Amazing!
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 09:46 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron View Post
Welp, I gave it a shot but it's not for me at this time.

Extremely generous of Jessica to offer a money back guarantee. I have many of her digital workouts on Purple Player and will be purchasing more.

I emailed my refund request at 9:45pm and they responded within 15mins that it had been processed. Amazing!
What didn’t work for you? I have not ordered because it was only digital (DVDs work better for me), but I am interested in hearing about your experience.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 10:07 PM  
saffron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
What didn’t work for you? I have not ordered because it was only digital (DVDs work better for me), but I am interested in hearing about your experience.
It's really just the timing.
Spring is here and I much prefer (and stick with) a combo of daily walking and yoga. I have a Les Mills subscription and do BodyFlow.

I just couldn't fit in the Lift & Shift workouts without feeling overworked.
It was also making me really hungry.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 06:14 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Saffron - Thanks for your feedback. I didn't purchase but was considering it for the future. I look forward to hearing feedback from a variety of users!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:53 PM  
Messe

I asked for a refund, too, because it turned out not to be what I had expected.

What I quickly discovered:
  • I prefer kettlebells (Lauren Brooks in particular) for strength training.
  • I prefer kettlebells, Tracie Long, Cathe Live, and Chris Freytag/Get Healthy U for metabolic and PHA training.
  • Jessica’s take on mobility training is far less appealing than those of Lauren Brooks and Tracie Long.

As as result of those discoveries, I was substituting workouts right and left by the end of my first week. Not a good sign.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 02:35 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

I asked for a refund also. I did the workouts for 3 weeks and even though they are probably the type of workouts I "should" be doing, I just didn't enjoy them. Some of the mobility type moves just did not feel right. I know weightlifting isn't always "fun" but they should be enjoyable or I'm just not going to do them. I also didn't like the length - too long considering I need more of a warm up and the stretch at the end was pretty short.

I WANT to like Jessica Smith's workouts because I think she puts a lot of thought into them, she's fantastic at giving form pointers and she seems like such a genuinely nice person.

Too many workouts out there to be ho-hum about something though.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 03:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm considering asking for a refund, too! And, my reasons are...

• Not all of the strength training workouts are truly "slow and heavy."

Some of the workouts are more endurance based. Have plenty of those.

Dark set.

A more thorough warmup is needed, not just mobility drills.

Jessica should have given us a side view of some of the exercises.

No background exercisers.

No detailed explanations about the exercises themselves.

Encouragement is a lot of "life coach" mumbo jumbo.

Wanted fitness instructor coaching and knowledgeable instruction.

Four long 50 minute workouts that are tedious and dread inducing.

Longer workouts are boring with repetitive circuits.

Don't like streaming or Purple Player.

Really wanted DVDs from Jessica.

Price point isn't a good value, for me.

Not enough variety in the workouts.

Not easy to add on other workouts with longer routines.

Music isn't great and volume is low.

A workout guide, program with more detail would have been nice.

No fun factor.

Jessica isn't Cathe.

This program also made me miss my kettlebell workouts. ;-)

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:58 PM  
Leonana

I thought about returning it, as I was having a dread factor. And it was wiping me out. But I decided not to, mostly to support Jessica because I’ve enjoyed so many of her free you tube workouts in the past.

However, after a few days of other workouts, I started missing it. I made more modifications and lowered my weights, and that worked pretty well. I’m not as tired. I’m also starting to enjoy the workouts and the challenge. I did Total Body Circuit today, and decided to not go as low in the lunges. But by the end, I discovered I was going as low as Jessica and didn't realize it. So, I feel it challenges me.

It's been really effective at toning and I’m seeing more definition. I feel the longer strength workouts are at a good level to increase muscle toning. I also prefer digital, so that’s a plus for me. I like Peanut being there, although I miss Beth and Debbie, but realize why they couldn't be in the workout. Besides the fact that I'm not sure Debbie is at that level.

Some of the workouts I don’t like. I can’t do crunches, so won’t do the ab workouts. I don’t like fine toning or the mobility workouts. So I’m going to do the strength workouts only and sub for the rest. But that will give me variety, so not a total negative. I like it better than workouts from most other instructors I’ve tried. So it works for me for the most part.
Old 04-09-21, 06:16 PM  
laurajhawk

In the fine VF tradition of "to each her own", I'm really liking these, for some of the same reasons some of you don't like them. I think the amount of repetition is just right, and they're not boring for me. The workout lengths are pretty good for my purposes. I like the "rep range" concept and the leeway to go medium-heavy or medium-light. And Jessica isn't Cathe.

I'm not sure I'll do HIIRT a third time (I've promised to give it a second try 'cause I wasn't at my best the first time), but the rest are winners for me.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 06:37 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
In the fine VF tradition of "to each her own", I'm really liking these, for some of the same reasons some of you don't like them. I think the amount of repetition is just right, and they're not boring for me. The workout lengths are pretty good for my purposes. I like the "rep range" concept and the leeway to go medium-heavy or medium-light. And Jessica isn't Cathe.

I'm not sure I'll do HIIRT a third time (I've promised to give it a second try 'cause I wasn't at my best the first time), but the rest are winners for me.
I was too chicken and didn't do HIIRT the first time. But I'm going to give it a try the next time around.

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews