Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-21, 07:49 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Happy Mother’s Day :-)

SB, on rainy days I always feel extra drained of energy also. It rained this morning and then the sun shone for a couple of hours and then we had a big storm with apparently a tornado north of us.

Today I started with Cara silversmith’s upper body tone and sculpt. There was a little bit of drag time is she explain the exercises and got into position etc. but overall I liked this one. We did supersets, one minute each exercise.

Next I did Grow with Jo’s 15 minute fast walk, 15 minute partner workout (her husband was her partner in this one) followed by her 10 minute cool down/ stretch

Stay dry everyone!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk

I did manage to walk before the rain started mid afternoon. We went out to a nice Mother's Day dinner. I'm not sure if I was quite ready for that but it turned out to be a lovely time. We had to sit indoors because it was raining and it was somewhat crowded but not crazy like Mother's Day usually is.
I am planning a walk for today.

PENGUIN, rainy days are just draining, I agree. Nice workout.

I think we lost NORA. She hasn't posted in awhile. Come on back NORA. Hope you're doing ok.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 11:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I hope we didn’t lose Nora, i’m still concerned about her arm rehab however I figure she will come back when she’s ready :-)

No work out today I took a nap instead. I was cold and that bed looked nice and warm and comfy. And it was :-) although it seems like it’s raining all the time, it seems this spring has been colder than usual with not as much rain or humidity. I had to turn the heat back on today! Gah!

Old 05-11-21, 06:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk for today (maybe more?). I am meeting my friend for lunch today. We were supposed to go to lunch after out walk last week but she came over late (a chronic problem of hers) and we didn't have time after our walk because she had to go to work. So I'm walking on my own today (which is perfectly fine by me)

PENGUIN, you know my stand on naps over working out . It's been cooler than normal here too but I think we're finally getting to the 70s this weekend.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 05-11-21, 10:30 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, people who are chronically late drive me nuts! It’s just rude and shows a lack of respect for others. I hope you had a fun walk :-)

It’s raining again here. But it’s not supposed to rain again until next Monday. Remember the guy that dropped the transmission on his finger? He seems to be doing fine, although he never regained all the movement in his finger, however his wife had her second hip replacement surgery and so he is off work to help her, so hubby has to work on Thursday.

Tomorrow we are going out to eat with my parents for a combined as a birthday/Mother’s Day/anniversary celebration.

Old 05-13-21, 07:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

55 minute outdoor walk
80 kettlebell swings

I'm going for my second moderna shot today so not sure what I'll do exercise-wise.

PENGUIN, hope you enjoyed the celebration with your parents. Sounds fun. Too bad hubby lost one of his days off. I used to hate that. And yes, chronic lateness is beyond rude and disrespectful. We've had many a fight over it but she's obviously never going to change.

Have a great day!
Old 05-13-21, 06:39 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, you are wise to pick your battles with your friend. I hope you don’t have any symptoms from your shot.

I am treating this like any other workday even though Hubby should be getting home earlier than usual. I only did cardio today, starting with Brandon Fitness 4000s Mashup work out, which refers to the mix of song styles. And then tried a Moore2health 15 minute kick box Tabata style. The title just said ‘walking’ so when she started describing the work out with kick box, which I am thoroughly sick of, and Tabata which has too many changes for me, I wasn’t thrilled but it was OK. I ended with a Fitness Blender Lake Yoga cool down stretch. I did my own stretching instead of the yoga but really appreciated the beautiful Lake view.

Old 05-14-21, 09:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk

It was such a gorgeous spring day I couldn't resist a short-ish walk with DS after my 2nd shot. I felt fine but I didn't want to push it.
Today is another glorious day but I am feeling achey so I'll probably just rest unless my symptoms improve later.

PENGUIN, I give you credit for sticking with a workout even though it's not what you expected. Well done.

Old 05-15-21, 12:45 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I’m glad to hear you haven’t had any ill affects from your shot :-). Our temperatures have been in the 70s however the lows have been in the 40s recently :-( things are going to change as it’s going to rain all next week :-( however the Lows Will be in the 60s! Much better

Today was a Reps to the Rhythm day. I started with a 15m seated upper body workout, where I either stood or marched in place. Next was 2800 S Latin work out with his mom as his costar :-). Kiani occasionally does an introduction so I was hoping he would talk a little about his mom however no such luck :-)
From her moves, she was the one who taught him to dance! Next was 2200 as Walking Workout #34. And I finished off with his 10 minute stretch and cool down.

Old 05-15-21, 07:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

60 kettlebell swings

I started feeling better by the afternoon yesterday after going back to bed in the morning with the chills and aches. I didn't want to push myself though so I just did the swings after dinner for some activity.
Planning a walk today hopefully around a lunch out with friends.

PENGUIN, sounds like a fun workout mix with Reps to the Rhythm.