Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-21, 12:05 PM  
TinaT

Who is using Tracie Long as their Primary?

I owned quite a few of her TLT releases and then like so many others, I traded them for the "bright and shiny" current releases of other instructors and methods. I mainly owned the Focus and Longevity Series.

Who is using Tracie as their primary go-to for workouts? I have viewed her recent releases at Total Fitness and I'm on the fence with them. I'd love to hear from those who use them and are they truly intermediate? I'm very familiar with her from the FIRM to current, but I've never used her as my primary. Just added her workouts in here and there. I like the idea of taking a small segment from her focus series or maybe a premix from her Longevity and combining it with my Rebounding. So, do a segment of 15-20 mins of Tracie and then another 15 of Rebounding.

I'm not into mountain climbers, burpees, etc. I do like how the Focus and Longevities had a familiar feel from days of the FIRM, yet with a total Tracie flare. They have good music, set, and Tracie looks very inspiring. I'm not sure if I'm feeling all of that from her most current releases.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 01:11 PM  
bubbles76

I've done rotations of Tracie Long focused workouts, but when the rotation was over I moved on to other instructors. My rotations are usually two months. I have so many workouts! I did get great results from Tracie though. I have her two newest, but haven't done them yet. I like that her workouts are tough but doable, safe and deliberate, and fun! And she's always working your core.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 01:50 PM  
kat999

I like Tracie a lot but never do her exclusively; she's just always kept in my rotation and classified as AWT for the purposes of how I rotate through my workouts. I find the TLT series extremely challenging; they're among the highest calorie-burn workouts I own, and yet none of the moves are too "hard" for me per se. It's more about how many reps she includes and choosing the right weights. I appreciate that her cardio is not fussy.
Old 02-21-21, 02:08 PM  
Cerulea

Yes, I've done this. For a time I was using her Metabolic Strength workouts pretty much exclusively. On days when I had more time I'd do one of her longer ones...like the Reboots, or some of the Focus ones, for example.

I find her workouts to be very well designed and I like the emphasis on functional moves. I improve my strength when I use her stuff consistently.

They are intermediate but if you heavy up they get challenging. She does use burpees here and there, and mountain climbers, especially in the Metabolic series.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 02:21 PM  
TinaT

You all have some great perspectives on Tracie. Absolutely some things to think about. My mind is engrained from her Firm days that it's hard to move on at times. That being said, I do love her functional fitness tone she brings to her routines.

Now, I gotta go preview...again.
Old 02-21-21, 04:03 PM  
Leonana

I was interested in her dvd's at one point because of 2 Lazy 4 the Gym's reviews. She has Tracie Long in her favorite instructors list.

https://2lazy4gym.com/tracie-long/
Old 02-21-21, 07:44 PM  
anetta

My favorites are the TLt series but I haven,t done one in awhile. You can stream some parts of her workouts for free on long training studios.

Anita

Last edited by anetta; 02-21-21 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 09:06 PM  
wendug

I love Tracie's workouts, but I do not use her workouts that often. I go through phases of doing a lot of her workouts, then drop off and move on to something else. But I always come back to her workouts. I could never figure out how to make a rotation of her workouts because she uses weights in so many of her workouts. I need more straight cardio to go along with weights. She does have a few straight cardio workouts (Step Forward, Power Up), but they are not my favorite workouts of hers. I usually mix up her workouts with kickboxing or other instructors cardio. I did not order her most recent releases because the sets seem really dark and like they didn't have anything too different from her other releases. But Tracie does rank as one of my favorite instructors.
Old 02-21-21, 09:27 PM  
TinaT

Wendy ~ I like the premix options on the Longevity Series. It appears she doesn't have premixes beyond that series. I can only do about 30 to maybe 40 minutes right now. So using her premixs would be great and then tack on some rebounding to finish off.

Didn't think I'd have traders remorse over the ones I don't have, but guess what...
Old 02-21-21, 09:38 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Wendy ~ I like the premix options on the Longevity Series. It appears she doesn't have premixes beyond that series. I can only do about 30 to maybe 40 minutes right now. So using her premixs would be great and then tack on some rebounding to finish off.

Didn't think I'd have traders remorse over the ones I don't have, but guess what...
Tina- I don't know why, but I don't think of doing her premixes. I should look into that as an option. Several of her workouts are available on Amazon Prime if you have that available to you to help with your traders remorse!

Tags
tracie long