Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-21, 10:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I had computer issues today, so just now posting.

Did Cathe's Great Glutes (Standing Only premix) as well as Jenny's WAA (Block Island, RI.) I think one of Jenny's younger kids makes an appearance on the beach with a shovel and bucket, just behind Jenny. Jenny is busy trying not the get wet from the water coming up on the sand.

We've only been to a couple restaurants this year, though we have done take-out, too! It will be nice to grocery shop again, as I have been doing online ordering and delivery and choices are limited.

Have a good rest of your evening!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 07:40 AM  
donnamp

hi!

Quick post for me, today is going to be busy and crazy.

Yesterday I added on:

Lucy Wyndham Read's Summer Challenge Day # 2 - which was the bodyweight/cardio workout of the week and an upper body workout. These take about 20 min or so to complete, so they are nice add-ons/bursts to do throughout the day.

Outdoor walk w/ DD and doggie!

Today, so far has been:

Lucy's Summer Challenge Day # 3 - which was the 11 min cardio/tone and a leg workout (7 min).

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Every Body.

I have been missing Pilates lately, and I need to add it in to keep my body aligned.

Anyway - sorry for the quick post...hope to be back later...

waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 02:03 PM  
Leonana

Last night, I did Jessica's you tube 10 minute stretch, that is also an ad for WS1. It's my favorite stretch, with my favorite moves. I was pretty relaxed and slept well. Today was Upper Body. I am so absent minded lately, I clicked on Lower Body, and wondered why the warm up was focusing on the legs, lol. DD moving out is throwing my brain off. First it was getting my vaccines, and now this. Life is always changing!

I have a dental appointment today, yearly checkup. Crossing my fingers everything is okay.

Pam, glad you are able to post again.

Donna, I hope your busy day goes well.

Waves to Liz and wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 05-12-21, 03:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

So many interruptions today. I only got in Lee's 7 Minutes of Magic (AM extended version 16 minutes) and Christine Bullock's 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift (Butt and Thighs.) Lee's workout begins with lots of yoga poses, (which I'd forgotten about) and I didn't have my yoga mat out! Christine's workout was a combination of exercises based on pilates, ballet and barre.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Current Rotation:
Old 05-13-21, 12:24 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,

I think I have one or two more days to finish up with the Pahla rotation but I jumped ship today and did a Margaret Richard Unplugged. This set has 26 total episodes and all but the first DVD were still shrink wrapped! Not sure when I bought it, but I thought it was time to try something new. It was quite the change from Pahla so I am looking forward to it!

I've been working my way through The Firm 5 day Stretch this week as well. Another one that was still in shrink wrap. These are short. Not sure if I'll keep this one, but wanted to try them all before I donate it.

Sherry, I hope the dentist went ok. I have a tooth that is sensitive to cold. I hope it is nothing.

Pam, I love the name "7 Minutes of Magic"! That sounds like a great way to start the day.

wishiwasinhawaii, enjoy the graduation! That is an event I think would be better online! and enjoy the dinner. I'm like you, I haven't been in a restaurant in over a year. And good luck with the work from home conversation with your boss.

Donna, I'm sorry your DH has to go back to the office. It all seems so soon. Really, what is the rush? Nice that you and your DD can take an evening walk. It is nice that it is light out later these days.

Gotta hit the hay!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long day at work....our co-worker who left on Friday left behind a huge mess. She must have known she was leaving b/c I don't think she did any work at all in April. This is our busiest time of year, too, so it is that much worse b/c of the timing. So, suffice it to say, I got nothing else done besides my morning workout.

Today, I started off w/ Lucy Wyndham Read's summer challenge - today was the 11 Min Cardio/Tone followed by a 7 min glute focused workout. The simplicity of following this routine and even doing the same workout every day (the cardio/tone you repeat every day for 6 days) is really helpful right now as i don't have a lot mental energy to figure out what workout to do. These are most like Slim in 6/Slim Series -they are high rep/body weight exercises and those tend to agree with my body more so than doing heavy weights. Also it is nice that they only take 20 min to do b/c if I feel like doing something else in the morning, I can usually find 20 min to fit in the challenge workouts during the day.

I finished w/ a hip mobility routine from Caroline Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_6KQkAnUw

This was different from what I'm used to doing, but it did feel effective - a bit of activation as well as stretch.

Sherry - I hear you on your DD moving out. Mine isn't leaving per se, but going away to college and I get pretty emotional about it when I think about it. I mean, it is good and normal and all that, but still a bit sad. I also feel that we grew closer during the pandemic since we have been around each other pretty much 24X7 for the past year. We have our own little rituals and it is going to be strange when she is gone in the fall. But, that is what is supposed to happen...so I just have to adjust to the new normal.

wishiwasinhawaii - my DD is skipping her HS Grad - she hated every minute of being in HS so she opted not to go. They are doing a limited in-person ceremony outdoors.

Pam that sounds like an interesting 10 min Solution Workout. I wonder if I have it?!

Liz - Oh yes, Margaret is much different than Pahla, LOL! I like her stuff. I keep meaning to go back to it some day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-13-21, 09:20 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I did a ton of yardwork on Tuesday and was wiped out from that, so I've been slacking on working out, but I'll get back to it on Monday. This weekend is full of graduation celebrations, so I just want to enjoy the time with my nephew before he moves away.

I tried to talk to my boss yesterday about working from home but she would not discuss it. She said she's too busy with some meetings she has to prep for that are happening next week and said we shouldn't discuss it until the CEO says we have to go back. I told her my WFH has nothing to do with COVID, but she just wouldn't listen, so not sure what to do. I guess I'll wait until these meetings she has are over and try again.

Donna, It stinks when people leave a job and leave a mess behind. I don't blame your DD for not going to the graduation. They tend to be boring anyway, lol. My nephew's college has two ceremonies: one for his major and the other is the general graduation. I'm watching the one for his major and skipping the general one since I'm sure that will just be boring speeches. There are too many grads since he goes to a huge college so the one for his major will be more personal.

Liz, Maybe you're right that my nephew's graduation is better online, LOL. I think businesses want us all in the office because CEOs can't justify their salaries if they have no one to 'preside' over in person.

Sherry, Hope you got good news at the dentist. I haven't been to the dentist in over a year. Now that I'm vaccinated, I plan to go next month. I'm afraid!

Pam, I also like the 7 Minutes of Magic title, LOL!
Old 05-13-21, 03:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Kelly's 30MTF Trim Down (Weights Only premix) and Dean's Yoga Boost (Strength) routine! This one of Kelly's has a lower body focus and normally between each weight section she has you do cardio/boxing to keep the heartrate up. I skipped the cardio portion with the premix I selected. Loved Dean's yoga workout. He does such a good job as a yoga instructor and I really enjoyed this one today! I think I now have all of Dean's workouts, so I should rotate through them all soon!

Liz, Margaret's workouts are so good! I have all of the Unplugged series, as well as many others! Maybe next month I'll do a Body Electric rotation, along with yoga!

Lots to do today!

Have a good day everyone!

Current Rotation:
Old 05-13-21, 07:55 PM  
Leonana

Today was Brain Fitness Fun. I'm glad a lighter workout was on the schedule, as I did my volunteer filing today.

Good news from the dentist, everything is fine. I grind my teeth and use a mouth guard, and sometimes my teeth bother me, along with sinus pain affecting my teeth also. The dentist said our teeth float loosely in the bone, and if we grind our teeth in a different way, it will hit a different part of the bone. Interesting, I didn't know that!

I think I heard that the CDC said that vaccinated people didn't have to wear masks? You know so many people will abuse that. I read that only 35% of Americans are fully vaccinated so far, and we need 60%. I saw about four people without masks in the grocery store today. The stores still require masks, but I guess some people think they can break the rules.

DD started dating a new guy, and we met him last night. He seems really nice. He is a friend of her new roommate. This is her fourth boyfriend, which sounds like a lot, I guess! She dates one for about six months once a year, so 17, 18, 19 and now 20, lol. I get attached to them, and feel sad when they call it off. But she's young, so I think it's good she's just dating.

Pam, I've never heard of Dean's yoga. He sounds like a good instructor, since you have all of the dvds.

Liz, I have sensitive teeth too, and use a restoring mouthwash. I remember doing a Margaret Richards workout on PBS years ago, but didn't stick with it. I wish I knew then what I know now! I'd like to get her dvds one day.

Donna, that is terrible about your co-worker. I honestly don't understand people sometimes. I misunderstood the LWR schedule, I thought it was one 11 minute workout per day. Twenty minutes sounds good, especially with added walks. That is true about the pandemic, and spending more time together. I didn't think about that. I'm focusing on redoing her room into my new workout room, ha ha.

wishiwasinhawaii, my dentist is pretty safe. I went for a checkup last August too. They require everyone to wear a mask, until they check your mouth. They take your temperature, and have you fill out a Covid questionnaire. Then you wash your hands for 20 seconds before you go to the exam room. It sounds like your boss doesn't want to let you WFH, but she has no real reasons to deny your request. So she deflects. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Old 05-14-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was more w/ Lucy - Summer Challenge Day # 5 - which was the cardio/tone workout plus a full body workout. I'm surprised I'm able to stick with this but I think it is the simplicity that appeals to me right now.

I added on Jessica Valent's routine for hip pain - it is about 10 min of Pilates type exercises to strength the hips. I think I found Caroline's Hip Mobility from yesterday to be more helpful.

Yesterday evening DD and I went for a short walk. She is looking for her roommate at college - so interesting how they do things these days - I remember when I went to college you got paired with someone by the school. Now you fill out surveys about yourself and you can "interview" prospective roommates on this "zeemee" platform. Her college will let her bring her pet lizard, so she is trying to find a roommate that would be willing to live w/ a lizard. Quite different from when I went to school.....she found two potential roommates and both of them don't live far from us - so I suggested that maybe they should meet in person somewhere.

Pam - I may join you w/ Body Electric/Yoga!! I have been meaning to get back to those workouts, I think they are also good for my hip/low back as all that floorwork strengthens the glutes/hips.

wishiwasinhawaii - I have been to the dentist twice since the pandemic and I felt safe there - they took a lot of precautions - so even though they were right in my face, I didn't feel it was risky.

Sherry - yes, I saw that about masks, too, but I'm still planning on wearing one...at least for now.

Waves, Liz - are you doing a Margaret Richard today??

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy