Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-23-20, 07:53 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - It's Amazing How Alike EXERCISE and EXTRA FRIES Sound Alike. 8/23

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 08:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had problems going to sleep last night, but I slept in so I'm feeling pretty good. I made cards while I was up in the night. I guess I should go see how they look. Today I need to finish a blog post and I'll probably go over to Mom and Dad's this afternoon.

Paula - We went to Hawaii one year when the volcano on the Big Island was active and you could smell it all over the state, even on other islands. That's why I asked about the smoke. I would guess California is a bigger area and stuff works differently over land.

Anita - I hope you have a good day with the new hip today.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-23-20, 02:10 PM  
sciencelady

Ha Ha Ha! At your new title! Too true in my life! Thanks for the good laugh!

I've been having a rough day today - the inside opiates in my wound wore off last night, so trying to get some in orally without knocking myself out each time. At least my friend is keeping me going and keeping a good eye on me. I did change bandages and shower this morning, did my exercises, and ate a delicious blueberry pancake breakfast. Gus hasn't gone for a walk yet - it's very hot outside. I tried to watch some TV but ended up snoozing through lots of that. My friend is bringing me another ice pack for my wound also. them for their care of me!

Dede, hope you had a better day!

Paula, the CA fires just look super nasty and sad to lose that woods, fields and housing! Hope the animals make it out!

Laura, I'm having lots of trouble remembering names also . Hope your cards came out last night! I'm kind of drifting between tasks now also...

Happy birthday, Beth!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 05:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - Glad you like the theme. It has amused me since I found it. It's great that your friends could come and stay with you AND that they're good at it. Try to stay ahead of the pain as much as possible. Hopefully, you can find a balance between being in pain and not being able to stay awake.

Happy birthday, Beth!

It was a pleasant afternoon. I went over to Mom and Dad's and hung out there for a couple of hours. I need to finish my blog post tonight and get some notes typed up.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-23-20, 08:00 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today. Did grocery shopping in the morning. The rest of the day was just lazy laying around.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Love the theme. Yes, exercise does sound like extra fries - on my way to Carl's to test it out. One year we were in Big Bear when fires broke out all around us. We were not allowed to leave for a couple days because all the roads out of the park were closed due to fire. I remember the smoke and ash from that experience.

Anita, yup, drugs are good when you need them. Good friends are certainly a treasure. When we get these big fires, it's so sad. The loss of homes, and forest, and wildlife is heart breaking. Hope Gus got a walk. Take a good snooze, naps are good.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 08:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. I was up in the night and slept in some. I have a lot I want to get done today and so it was frustrating to lose time, but I needed the sleep to function. I want to exercise and get work done on my videos and blog. If I could get the videos recorded, that would be good.

Paula - Thanks for doing research on the veracity of the theme. A good day of laying about is a good thing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-24-20, 08:20 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Slow morning today trying to get around and keep my head attached. Gus wouldn't walk yesterday . Everything is whiting out so back to bed...
Old 08-24-20, 03:20 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Anita, you have me worried now. I hope you check back in and let us know you're okay.

Today I did the upper body pyramid down only premix for Pyramid Pump. I also did day 15 of Qi Gong 30-day Challenge.

I think I must be an odd duck in that I really don't care too much for fries.

I hope Beth had a great birthday.
Old 08-24-20, 04:28 PM  
sciencelady

Dede, I think I'm OK, just a lot more sleep today. I've pretty much napped the day away.
Old 08-24-20, 07:58 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Rael Pilates System 17. I hope to get in some yoga before bed. Slept in this morning so didn't get in as much exercise time. I heard today that my county has had decreasing COVID numbers and if we can keep it low for a while longer some stuff may be allowed to reopen. Gosh, I hope so, I sure would like a haircut.

Laura, I always wake up early by most people's standards but when I sleep in by an hour or so, I feel as though I've lost productive time. Probably (right now anyway) because much of the day is too hot to do much. Anyway, I understand your saying you "lost" time by oversleeping.

Anita, sleep is always a good thing when you're trying to recover from an illness or injury. My mother always said that and she was a wise woman when it came to medical stuff.

DeeDee, Wish I could ignore fries. When they are sitting hot and fresh in front of me they simply disappear and I'm left with greasy fingers.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote