Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-18, 12:38 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I'm tempted to get this too since (a) I love Jessica in general for her holistic approach to fitness, (b) she does great feel-good-but-still-sweaty fusion cardio routines... as good as if not better than Ellen Barrett's and (c) to bolster her finances since she puts out so much amazing stuff on YouTube and I feel indebted to her for such generosity. I love Total Body Balance and her selection of barefoot cardio routines on YouTube!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

I did Flow Cardio from Feel Good Fusion this morning and it was just what i needed! A bit of "sparking" (not "sweating") with some good light toning and balance work.

I plan to do the strength workout at some point over the weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 11:39 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBW View Post
How does it compare to Barefoot Fusion sculpt from Walkstrong (1?)

Thanks
Sorry I missed this. Well BFS opens with a ballet feel, and closes with some Tai Chi exercises. She uses some passe exercises with legs while working arms or balancing. And, Debbie and Beth are here in Walk Strong, of course. It's a good workout but now that I've done this latest release I like it much better.

In her newest release (Feel Good Fusion) with both Flow Cardio and Fusion Strength she uses much more larger ranges of motion with arms and really works legs and shoulders differently. More plies/pulses, more shoulder and back work. And, it even feels like more reps. FGF workouts feel more relaxed to me and I like Jessica alone. She unwinds with beautiful yoga stretches. The whole setting has a different vibe and very focused and peaceful.

Of course she's going to incorporate a few similar moves, but it has a very different feel and while one or two exercises you may have seen before, they are incorporated differently with new music, setting, etc.

I think Jessica has gotten even better and talented with her Fusion workouts and I liked her previous ones quite a bit.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 03:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Dynamic Stretch

From Total Stretch, I did the Dynamic Stretch for the first time today! It was great to do after a 2 mile walk, though she suggests doing this as a longer warmup before your main workout.

What I appreciated about this workout is that Jessica has taken the time to suggest modifications during the workout. Things like not lunging/bending as low if you have knee issues, or not twisting as far if you have back issues. She also has demonstrated using a chair with a picture insert of her doing modification for people who can't get down on the floor or have limited flexibility. There are times with I've finished working out that I don't feel like getting on the floor so using the chair was perfect, and such a brilliant idea for her to demo briefly in the smaller picture in picture in the background.

The scenery is fantastic. The pace of the exercises is just right. Jessica is peaceful and calming, speaking just enough to guide us through a great stretch and offering suggested modifications. I loved it, and knew that I would. And, if you didn't have time to do the full workout, you could stop at any point really.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 08:13 AM  
dianestjohn

I have done all three workouts on the Total Stretch Dvd and love them all. They are relaxing and slow-paced but I also feel like she doesn’t waste any time- a lot is packed into each workout but at a leisurely pace. There are many moves I have never seen before and almost all of the moves feel so nice on the body - I sometimes feel bored during stretch workouts or don’t really feel the stretches but not so with Jessica - these moves really get into the muscles and joints and are very effective. The scenery is gorgeous and Jessica is the complete professional.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 07:58 PM  
toomuchjoy

This is out of stock in Amazon. Is this the only place to order?
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-18, 06:08 AM  
lizr

I read (forget if it was her website or fb page) that more have been ordered and should be back in stock soon. She suggested putting it on your wishlist on amazon and you will be notified when it's back.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 04:03 AM  
dlb

Total Stretch

I ordered both but questioned whether I needed the Stretch dvd but the flowy CS-esq clip won me over. Yesterday I worked in the yard & could barely move. I did the slow stretch (1st class on the dvd) last night. I feel great today.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-18, 05:54 AM  
toomuchjoy

It's back in stock for those that didn't pick it up the first wave.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-18, 03:27 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Has anyone had a problem with Fusion Strength freezing? Mine froze today at 11:28 and I couldn’t get it going again. I don’t remember if I did this one once already with no problem or not.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feel good fusion, flow cardio, fusion strength, jessica smith, jessica smith stretching, similar to ellen barrett, total stretch