Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-16, 01:41 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I do mostly Sahra's workouts for toning, but I also really enjoy Miranda's floor work for the thighs. They are deceptive!
Miranda's old floor work sequence is on youtube, as well.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 02:10 PM  
Aurora C.

Bubbles, I'll try to explain...I have definition in my quads when flexed and shape to them when relaxed, but the definition bulges out in a squarish shape rather than a slender teardrop shape I would prefer and while my inner thigh is pretty solid and not so much jiggly, there is firm tissue that can be grabbed. I would like less there to grab and an overall more lengthened look in my legs...my calves too have some dense muscle to them but are too round & bulbous for my taste. I don't mind definition at all, I love it actually, but I prefer a less boxy and more elongated definition as I'm only 5'2" and find too much bulky muscle makes me appear stocky even though I'm pretty lean. I wish I could upload photos here to demonstrate what I'm talking about but I don't know how to do that on this site so I just hope my description makes sense.

Since I have muscle, and muscle can be shaped whereas fat cannot, I would think I'm in a much better position than ever before and I'm super excited about that!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 02:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Recently I completed my first ever rotation - Jessica's 6-week new Walk Strong DVD set, and my thighs are noticeably firmer and shapelier. I was very surprised by my results! Most days I only did the 30-minute workout scheduled for that day and if I added anything to that, it would only be 15-20 min abs pilates off youtube few times per week. So my "thighs" results came strictly from doing Jessica's Walk Strong set for 6 weeks.
Old 08-25-16, 04:44 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
I'm only 5'2" and find too much bulky muscle makes me appear stocky even though I'm pretty lean.
I'm only 5'4" and bulky muscle makes my clothes not fit and look like I've gained 10 pounds. I did a few weeks of Tonique a couple years ago and my poor legs looked a linebacker. I couldn't pull up my jeans after that! The only thing that hasn't bulked me up are Tracie Long, old school Firms, and CS/Ess -- and most recently Horizontal Conditioning. Anything with too many reps or too heavy weights just makes me bulk up, and that does not look good on my apple shaped short body!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 06:13 PM  
dmlarue1

I have been doing a mixture of Hamelin, but I saw good slimming from using Thighmatics.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 01:06 PM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Essentrics Full Body Toning And as a bonus, it feels good and improves posture!
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 03:40 PM  
dnna

I have been injured -an ACL ligament injury to the knee and have been doing seated upper body only workouts -and--- Winsor buns and thighs, because there are several exercises in it theChiro recommended. and here I am several months later and I cannot believe the difference in my buns and thighs. like Mari says on the dvd, it's not much time to get the buns that you want ( around 15 minutes) I did it every other day, sometimes every day- my legs are like -legs of steel, lol. I am talking slim legs! and thrilling, I can now go up and down stairs, and perhaps rounding the corner on this injury!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 05:38 PM  
Aurora C.

I think I may have that one! Does it use the magic circle?
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 08:56 PM  
NorthernStar

This thread has me really wanting to try Essentrics/CS. A new mix for September might be in order.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-16, 08:05 AM  
dnna

There is a Winsor b & T that uses the magic circle but the original, which I used , does not. I found it kind of bulky and annoying to use th magic circle.
I don't think you need to work out for an hour and do endless reps. I really think it is bad to do that- since that ACL injury -which is very common. I think my results came from good form, and being consistent.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debulking, inner thighs, leaning out, overdeveloped quads, sculpting, season 11, thigh slimming, thighs