Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-14, 01:50 PM  
jerebo

Jessica Smith Cardio Abs

OK, I know this is an old DVD. And my rave may be premature--I've done the Cardio Abs portion twice but none of the others. But I REALLY liked Cardio Abs. Today I added it on after the YouTube workout Cardio Bootcamp Boogie (also a lot of fun!).

Cardio Abs is, at the moment, my "just right" workout. Just intense enough, just long enough (well, I like the idea of adding another workout on afterwards in many cases, but I don't have to if I'm busy). The moves don't take much space. Jessica's personality is great. I'm looking forward to trying the other two workouts on the DVD and I'm considering doing the 6-week cardio abs program, available as a free download.

I've been in a workout funk for a while and Jessica is helping me to remember why I like working out
Old 11-02-14, 10:57 PM  
StephE

Thanks for your review on Cardio Abs. I just got this DVD and plan to do it this week. It sounds like this will be a great addition to my workouts! I just adore Jessica Smith and her workouts. Her overall outlook about fitness and working out is so well rounded and sensible. She proves you don't have to kill yourself with extreme workouts to get fit and stay healthy. I find myself reaching for her workouts more and more. I just feel great after working out with her!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 01:02 AM  
jerebo

Stephanie, I hope you end up liking it! I'm going to try the Concentrated Abs routine tomorrow, after Cardio Abs. I hope I like the other two workouts as well as the actual "Cardio Abs."

I agree with you about Jessica. She's definitely my favorite instructor right now!
Old 11-03-14, 08:32 AM  
TinaT

I'm so glad someone started this thread. I'm receiving this in a trade and it should be here any day. I'm really enjoying Jessica and also Chris Freytag. My 2 new gals to workout with.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 07:53 PM  
jerebo

Well, I did Concentrated Abs today and didn't love it. I was watching the clock the whole time, and I skipped the second set of the final circuit. But, then again, I don't really love ab work. It's hard! I'll keep doing it, but I don't know if I can keep it up for a full 6 weeks. I may sub in the 20 minute core workout from Turbo Fire (which I also don't love!) and maybe some of Jessica's other ab workouts.

I did substitute the Cardio Ball Blast from her website for the Cardio Abs routine. It was a good sub; intensity level is about the same and there is a similar focus on abs. The playground ball added some interest.

Tomorrow I'll try the third workout on the disc: Total Body Abs Transformer. I hope I like that one!
Old 11-03-14, 10:08 PM  
Leonana

I don't care for Concentrated Abs either. I like her ab workouts on You Tube much better.

Total Body Abs Transformer - that's the one with weights? I like that one. It has some burpees though!
Old 11-03-14, 11:24 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I don't care for Concentrated Abs either. I like her ab workouts on You Tube much better.

Total Body Abs Transformer - that's the one with weights? I like that one. It has some burpees though!
I'll take a look at the YouTube offerings, then. Good to know. As far as I know, Total Body Abs Transformer is a weight workout. Burpees, in moderation, don't bother me too much. I guess I'll have to see how many she does
Old 11-04-14, 09:01 AM  
jerebo

I did the last of the three main workouts today (no Tabata yet!). I did like it, but it was tough! I'm humbled. I haven't worked out for a while due to an injury in my left arm, it involves my elbow, biceps, and shoulder--so I have to see the arm is doing after the weight work. I couldn't do all 16 of the pushups on my toes. I did about half of them. My burpees were slower than hers, and I skipped the last cardio burst (low kneeling lunge, bring back leg in)

Jessica slayed me!
Old 11-05-14, 11:59 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
I did the last of the three main workouts today (no Tabata yet!). I did like it, but it was tough! I'm humbled. I haven't worked out for a while due to an injury in my left arm, it involves my elbow, biceps, and shoulder--so I have to see the arm is doing after the weight work. I couldn't do all 16 of the pushups on my toes. I did about half of them. My burpees were slower than hers, and I skipped the last cardio burst (low kneeling lunge, bring back leg in)

Jessica slayed me!
My burpees are slower too! I sometimes do them using a high step or chair, so I can go faster. Good job on the pushups! I only do them on my knees.

I like the Tabata. Her You Tube Tabata is good too.
Old 11-05-14, 11:57 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
My burpees are slower too! I sometimes do them using a high step or chair, so I can go faster. Good job on the pushups! I only do them on my knees.

I like the Tabata. Her You Tube Tabata is good too.
Tomorrow calls for the strength workout again (I may not do any pushups on my toes this time; I'm still a tad sore), followed by the Tabata. We'll see how I manage. Jessica has definitely humbled me.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith workouts