Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-10-21, 09:41 AM  
Buzzer

Linda Wooldridge Lounge room inner/outer thighs.... DONE! (Saturday)
Rest Day Sunday
Ttapp basic 15 minutes plus hoedowns... DONE!
hit the floor combo... DONE!

I felt low energy on Saturday morning, so I did the inner outer thighs but did not put my heart into it at all. It was just a workout. I felt it, but didn't really FEEL it. It was OK, and at least I did something.

Rest day Sunday because.... why not?

Today I got back into it and did the basic workout plus hoedowns, which was great! I added on HTF combo (workout 2), and it was AWESOME. I love it. I hate organs in place where she has you scoop, then "tighten release. Tighten release" because I just can't tighten the muscle when my hands are scooping it away. I just never got it. this one she has you scoop, then remove your hands. I swear, I totally get it now! I will have to do my OIP that way from now on. I really felt it in my lower abs, and felt like a wall of muscle in my lower abs. I am glad I did this one just for that OIP!! Half of HTF was leaning back, so I got lots of triceps, half of it was on the floor. It was not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Taking 2 days off, I was thinking about how ttapp was easy and I should start something else. Then I did the workout, and I am changing my mind and sticking to ttapp for a while.

Especially since I get OIP now!! What a change.

I pulled all the tempos out... tempo workout, tempo legs, tempo torso and tempo arms. I might do them alternating days this week. That's my plan right now, but often my plan changes when I feel I have restricted myself too much!! HA!

She also talked on this workout about how your organs will go out to the sides since those muscles are the weakest, making you look wider. Ding! I have that problem. I often say I look skinnier from the side than from the front. When I did the crossover abs (cross one foot over other knee, pull elbow across to opposite knee type exercise) I could only get one shoulder off the floor, while she is getting both up plus twisting and controlling it all the way up and down. I have a long way to go on that one, plus I am weak there!! Some pretty good discoveries about myself going on with this rotation. I am loving that.

Yesterday it snowed all day, but it never accumulated. Today we are supposed to get 4" of snow, I'll be interested to see if it just falls or actually accumulates. This time of year the snow is basically slush, it's so full of water. Some sites are predicting up to 13" of this slush, which means for sure lights out. It gets soooo heavy on the tree branches and they hit the lines. We will see what happens!!

Today is swim lessons again, and karate if we make it. We'll see how much snow is on the ground!! LB graduates to green belt this Saturday!

Eventmom: For $25 I'd get a backup zip trainer!! HA! I am trying to get double of my equipment because I know in just a year or two, LB will be working out with me. I want to make sure we aren't fighting over equipment! She may decide to workout on her own to, but just in case, I am getting doubles. Zip trainer is really nice though. I use it sometimes instead of a step bench, use it as a bosu, use it to do bosu pilates (much easier than a real bosu!) and LB and I use it to toss back and forth and roll when we do a fun workout together. I love it... it's soft too so if it hits too hard, it's OK.

I remember it snowing here on June 3.. heck, it snowed on July 4th! So I can't say I am surprised to see snow. Just kinda done with snow and ready for spring.

Ebianco: the massage chair is the one I got for DH for Christmas... I think I spend more time in it though! I got it because he fell asleep in it in the store. I thought it would really help him out with his aching back. Now I find I use it to sleep and get a nice massage!! I love it. I can't imagine being without it now. It works so well!
I think when I think of Firm I think of the originals. I picked up a backup copy of Vol 3 on amazon for like $4 a few months ago, which was so random!! I couldn't pass that up! Ballroom aerobics, Tough tape, tortoise and hare... those are the ones I think of for OOP. the silly thing is that they are available on the streaming service, but she refuses to put them on purchasing as a download because she's afraid people will buy it, then share it with friends. So instead, she hoards it. Then she says she isn't going to do streaming forever and will probably just shut the business, which means all of that will be lost. So why not offer downloads? Makes no sense to me!! Offer the ones people are desperate for as downloads, charge $20. People will pay it!! So silly.

Ttapp is tied up in court, and just a few of the workouts are available on amazon or eBay. There are ttapp instructors that are putting out content, but it isn't Teresa. They are starting to add their own spin or ideas on it, and I am still a purist. Plus some of their personalities grate on my nerves, you can tell they are playing for a YouTube audience and seriously talk like we are a bunch of kindergartners. I'd rather have Teresa that treats me like an adult that doesn't need to be given candy to complete my workout.

So swim lessons today, then just school while it's dreary. Best time to do school, becuase we aren't side tracked with "let's go outside!!"
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 02:22 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Saturday - jac. umoff barre + power walk for 20
Sunday - jac. umoff barre + TA cardio 10 min
Today - 15 min essentrics lower body stretch + 30 min essentrics total body stretch

my mother's day present to myself was a copy of Tracy's original dance aerobics. I have no idea if I can handle the choreography but it got discounted to $50 (I've seen them go for $100) it's truly OOP and supposed I can set it if I hate it.

buzzer - I got sleeted on in july driving from Taos to Laramie it's crazy! I'm eyeballing old bar method workouts - that I used to own and ditched. They are crazy cheap right now, around $5 with shipping.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 02:37 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Catching up from last week:

Saturday-Cathe Strong and Sweaty, Total Body Giant Sets with the bonus abs, which I really liked because it was pilates style. This is a great 70 minute workout! I had only done it once around December so revisiting it still felt new. For next time I will remember the legs have a lot of slider work and the upper body has a lot of stability ball work. Lots of variety in this one.

Sunday-weather did not make sense for an outdoor walk/run and my stamina was a little lower so I started with Firm Tough Cardio Mix and decreased intensity with Firm Ballroom Aerobics (about 35 minutes altogether) then Pure Barre Resistance #2 warm up through seat, the hardest of the four I am sure. It was just so tough, and my earlier notes also said how tough! For an overall 75 minute workout.

Today and tomorrow are planned rest days. I started a very low carb (keto-esque but I'm definitely eating more protein than I should) diet last Tuesday and the water weight has been coming off in droves (5 pounds) I didn't even know I had so much extra/bloat water weight. I feel like a totally different person even after just one week. I know it's water weight but it's still motivating. I feel good in that I don't have cravings, and I feel full since i'm eating so much protein and fat, but still getting in enough veggies. Trying to keep my net carbs at 20 or below. I have been feeling more fatigued since Saturday afternoon which is normal, as your body is "starved" of glycogen but hasn't figured out to get to the fat reserves easily. It's supposed to take 6 weeks to get there but I don't really feel that bad at all, so I'm keeping at it! My body is really responding. I know the alternative is to re-bloat 5 pounds overnight so that's keeping me focused

Eventmom and Buzzer I am in all seriousness watching the zip trainer in hopes the price dips again, I should've gotten one while it was cheap before! Not that $45 is all that outrageous for the backup DVDs too.

Buzzer Working out with LB sounds like it will be so much fun! I use the zip trainer as a medicine ball in other workouts just to up the fun factor sometimes, and for kneeling all the time. I should probably do the actual zip workouts more because they are fun but not totally knee friendly. Sometimes I use it as an impromptu bosu like to balance on with abs since it's usually within reach.

I didn't realize there was a court case with Ttapp. What's the scoop with that? Just people trying to steal her method?

The massage chair sounds like an excellent purchase! I got a shoulder massager a couple of months ago and I like it, but haven't used it as much as I thought I would. I need to pull it out again!

I knew about the Firm streaming but I just don't want to bother with any streaming, ever. I totally agree they could get top dollar by selling downloads. I mean why not especially if they don't plan to keep up streaming?! People on GD definitely bemoan that they had gotten Firm DVDs before they went out of print like Ballroom Aerobics. Some of the BSS-era are full length on youtube, but I wouldn't expect Anna's to be for years if ever. They should definitely sell the downloads.
Old 05-11-21, 10:52 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - joyce vedral bottoms up gold plus (BUG) lower body and back.

Back to Joyce, the super easy workouts I did during my medical treatments left me out of shape. So I'll try to build a bit of strength for a week or two and see where I am.

ebianco - I'm struggling with what's the right eating plan right now. everything I read seems to contradict one another.

hi buzzer!
Old 05-11-21, 07:52 PM  
Buzzer

Warmup workout 2.. DONE!
This is the one that's kinda a real workout. It alternates with gentle stretch with crazy work. I really keyed into my abs yesterday, and I was happy to see I still could get into them as much as I did. The workout felt much different this time with this new brain ab connection!!
It moves slower, so it was easier to take time to get into position.
I love it!

today we have been running around all day. We had swim, then we ran to the store and got lunch, then LB did school while I did taxes, then we had like 30 minutes to kill after getting to karate so we sat in the car and talked. She did karate, then we went to Costco and home. We left at 10am, and it took until 6:15 before we got home!! Long day. LB talked my ear off all day, so now I am all "go take quiet time. Go. GO." Dogs are being jerks. Neither wants to go outside without the other (in the snow and wet from the rain) and so they run away from the front door when I try to put them out. They both need to run and do their business, but they don't want to go alone. they just want to wrestle, and Eugene isn't supposed to wrestle. So annoying.

I think I'm just annoyed this evening. Too much peopling today.

I am glad I got these warmup workouts! They are easy enough for an off day, but not so easy that I feel like I'm not doing anything. They are perfect!

I can't wait until swim lessons are over. It's exhausting.

Eventmom; I'm tired of snow. bring on spring. I just want spring. They are threatening that the weather will go in a complete swing the opposite direction when this cold front moves through... like too hot then. I just want mild happy nice spring temps!!!

Ebianco: Ttapp Teresa died, and apparently who we thought was her husband was not actually a husband. She never married him. She left no will. So the estate is tied up in court so they can figure out what to do with it. The website is gone. No DVD's are getting produced. The only ones available are on amazon or eBay and once they're gone they're gone. The trainers are making videos, but most of the trainers annoy me and are trying to put their own take on teresa's work. Like they think they knew where she was headed so they do that. Plus they often have grating personalities like we are kindergarteners. It's just ridiculous and I am trying to stay away from it! I like my DVD's,and sometimes tell Teresa to draw up a will. Don't be an idiot Teresa!

I can tell I'm cranky this evening. The dogs are annoying. DH just got home and I thought "well crap. There goes my silence". Ttapp is annoying. The Firm craziness is annoying. I think I need a nap!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-12-21, 02:00 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Joyce BUG+ upper body. A yoga upper body stretch.

Cleaned up thistle in the little field - I JUST DID THAT and there was more - all around the field. I was walking back up the field the sun came and out there were two more I'd walked past. I really hope I can get this under control this year.

buzzer - I swear I have more students in flip flops and shorts for december finals than may finals! I hope we don't go from 60 to 90... that's really sad about Teresa Tapp - I don't get not having a will once your past a certain age and have any assets.

hi ebianco!
Old 05-13-21, 09:55 AM  
Buzzer

Rest day yesterday... DONE!
Ttapp Hit the Floor 2nd workout... DONE!
Ttapp broom 30 minute workout... DONE!

So HTF and broom were a perfect combination. HTF got my abs into "position", where I feel like my organs are in place (I'll explain that in a bit) then Broom helped me keep it all in place while I practiced walking with the form. I am feeling the form so much different right now than I did even a week ago!! so weird.

So I never really understood OIP. I thought it was kinda silly, but I think I had only really done it with my hands on my muscles which seemed impossible to contract the muscles that way. In HTF, she has you take your hands away and lift your hips. I feel the muscle a whole lot more that way. I also, for some reason, remembered a 20 year old cue from Pilates that was "think about squeezing your front tips of your hip bones together" and that coupled with this way to do OIP has really hit a home run for me. I feel it so much differently! I was able to keep it a bit more throughout the rest of the workout, and really got a good workout.

The movement reminds me of something Joyce Vedral does. I think she called it vacuum abs? I remember people saying they got a good deal of change in their abs from that. OIP is, I think, the same thing, just explained differently and done on the floor. I like it now. I never did before!! I am really feeling a difference.

I do feel my guts move up and it makes sense now. I really hated OIP before. HA!

Yesterday I wore a jacket (I wear my sweatshirt jackets as shirts. They pretty much are, just a sweatshirt, but have a full zipper and I love them) that was a size that I feel like I've grown out of. I always feel like my arms are too big for them and my tummy pooch shows too much. Yesterday, since I did a rest day, I wore the jacket that is a size "too small". I made sure to hold my abs in ttapp form all day, and thinking that people are noticing my pooch belly and thinking that my jacket is too small for me is an incentive! I kept in my tummy in ttapp position, and kept my shoulders back so I wouldn't have the back fat showing. I mean, the size fits, I don't look like a stuffed sausage, it's just not comfortable for me for how I think I look.

It ended up being good! I didn't get in a formal workout, but I did think all day about how I was holding myself. Plus, LB and I went to a lake to do school since I didn't want to drive all the way home and back to town, and the picnic table we stopped at had gnats flying around. So we ended up taking a walk around the the other side of the lake, doing school, and walking the completed loop. 1.1 miles. With heavy books, my purse and water bottle. I tried to do the form while I was walking, but with being so weighted down it was hard. I did my best.

We had another busy day, and I think Lb was really feeling it. she was complainy at urban air, and just fussed the first hour. We were only there 2 1/2 hours, and she finally admitted she was tired. So we took a quiet ride home, and had a quiet evening. Granted, we got home at 6:15 and got ready for bed at 8:45, so it wasn't a long evening, but it was quiet. She is sleeping in today. We don't have swim lessons until 10:40, so she can sleep until a little after 9 if she wants!

Today is a slower day of swim lessons, then she gets her hair done, then school. We will probably do a park again because I'd like her to do 4:00 karate. She graduates on Saturday and I want to make sure she has the stuff down that she needs to know.

The weather is so much better. I have the door open this morning, and it feels fine. After 3 days of snow, that sure feels good!

Eventmom: We have to do thistle clean up too, it's not ready here though. but man, when we do it, it's hot and annoying and easy to miss them too! I feel so good getting the yard cleared, then on my walk back to the trash I see more and more. It's so crazy. You'd think it would be easier to spot them! LB even helps me now and we still miss some! Those things hide for sure.

From what I understand, Teresa was afraid she would get cancer and die becuase her Mom died when Teresa was like 20 years old. So you'd think someone with such awareness would be more careful about her death! Crazy. Maybe she thought she'd live forever becuase she had found the secret bullet against dying young. I don't know. Too bad we can't go back and ask her why she made such a poor decision!

Waves Ebianco! I hope you are having a good week!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-13-21, 01:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

25 min of TA Dance Cardio I + Caribbean aerobics pilates

sort of an easy day after 2 joyce days.

buzzer - I have to admit I still don't get organs in place. I do get vacuum abs, maybe I'll try doing that while I do OIP found 2 more thistle plants in the big field and a huge hole so my tomorrow task is filling that hole and getting those plants. sigh... these thistle have terrible thorns that go right through gloves.

hi ebianco!
Old 05-13-21, 01:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

I started my workout week yesterday with Cathe LITE PHA 2, a ~45 minute total body strength alternating upper and lower. I didn't have time to add the abs. The LITE workouts (and ICE) are perfect for earlier in the week when I can make them shorter and they aren't as intense; likewise they are a little too short and easy to make into my Saturday workouts, so this way I get Cathe x2 week! I really like all three of her PHA workouts but PHA 3 is my favorite. PHA 2 gave me plenty of DOMS today though!

Today I did ANOTHER new to me Allie Firm workout, Firm TransFIRM Your Body, a Pink Firm that I think was delayed to be put out on DVD for some reason? It seems like it came out way later than the other Pink Firms. It uses the Fanny Lifter which they have now made pink and purple (I have to wonder if this was ever available for sale? Love the colors ) but now it's the Firm Body Shaper. It is a 45 minute cardio workout that uses the step in the 6", 8", fully assembled for a set of leg press and then a set of tall box climbs later, and in an interesting side by side set up for one step aerobic tune. There's also maybe three long sets of 4-limb using the step. I used 4# which was probably the heaviest I could go because she moves fast, and I definitely felt burnout in my arms! Then again I'm pretty sore from Cathe yesterday. I used all the step configurations except I had to go down to the 6" for one exercise because she just moved too fast on the 8". Anyway the music was great, transitions were fast (not the 30 seconds of marching in place between each tune like other Pink Firms, in fact it appears to be several clips just mashed together but it's not distracting) and Allie's cueing is fantastic in this one. Sometimes I don't love Allie because she gets too dancey and she uses baby words a lot, but she's really polished in this one and there was only one tune that had one dancey move; it was very athletic overall. It's funny because there's a GD thread right now about how this DVD is out of print, and I for one am thrilled I got it while it was still available at Mary's! I probably picked it up maybe a year ago.

Tomorrow will be lighter cardio, probably Firm Ballroom Aerobics again, and a stretch or yoga set.

My clean eating is still going well overall, yesterday was my first stumble as I was very hungry and just snacky, and I ate WAY over on calories but kept to low carb food, and only rebounded 1.5# on the scale today! So even today I'm still 5# less than I was before I started. Today getting right back on track. And yesterday was my first "bad" eating day in 9 days which is really good for me. I used to have a bad eating day every 3-4 days.

Eventmom So you did some Field Max workout, LOL. I hope you're feeling better overall!

Buzzer Wow I totally forgot Teresa died, although now I vaguely remember hearing about that on GD. That's so sad about the dilemma with her not real husband and no DVDs being produced!! And about her other trainers making spinoff workouts and that they aren't even any good! Like eventmom said, once you reach a certain age and monetary success I'm surprised she didn't have the wherewithal to establish a will. Huge bummer!!

The dogs really annoy me sometimes, that is a REAL thing. I don't have kids to wipe me out too but the dogs definitely burn me out occasionally. I have to admit I also feel like "darn there goes my quiet time" when my DH comes home too LOL!!
Old 05-14-21, 09:29 AM  
Buzzer

Stott Pilates Secret to Flat Abs... DONE!

This was hard. Not hard because it was muscle hard, but hard because my middle is so densely padded that it was hard to do some of the exercises and breathe. That disturbs me! It was hard to do some of the exercises because my padding made it hard to pull the muscles in when I needed to. It blocked the flexion of my spine so I couldn't do it properly. That's frustrating to me, a former fitness professional who actually TAUGHT pilates and looked good doing it, and had no trouble getting into the moves!

I did it though. I will get better. I can see the parallels of Pilates and Ttapp. A lot of the ttapp moves have been derived from pilates, but I think she added in the lymphatic stuff, which definitely has it's place. I like ttaps neck stretches. The twists are always hard for me (again, due to excessive fluff) and get my heart rate up and make me sweat. This didn't have a lot of twists in it, but the ones it did have were good. I enjoyed it a lot!! It went slow, I could focus on getting into position, and I felt it. Hopefully as I go through ttapp I will get better and better and this will all get easier and easier. I am glad I decided to stop with the heavy lifting (although I miss it terribly!) and go into more lengthening and strengthening my core. Hopefully this helps with the fluff.

I got a "memory" on FB yesterday as the 4 year anniversary of getting my car, and I am amazed at how much weight I have gained since then. No wonder I sometimes put on a shirt and think "why did I ever think this looked good on me???" Because it did once!!! I didn't realize how heavy I'd gotten. So much is dawning on me and I am working towards the goals I need to have.

I will do this. I will be comfortable doing this basic pilates workout. I will once again look like someone that works out. I WILL get stronger again. I keep thinking how I miss heavy weights and worry I won't be strong, but I will be strong in different ways. I will do this.

So yesterday we ran around again and didn't get home until 6:15 again. Today we only have swim, so I am counting it as a quiet day!!

Eventmom: I think OIP is more effective lifting your hips up, reaching in and pushing everything up, then tightening your lower abs to keep it there. Kinda vacuum abs in reverse and using gravity to get your guts to your ribcage. Does that make sense? I definitely feel a vacuum like feeling when I do it. Like I have room to contract the muscles. I like it becuase I have this idea that I can get it to always be like that and have my guts up further and maybe look slimmer at least! HA!

LB and I cut the plants down with scissors or loppers, then use the scissors or loppers to lightly grab them and put them in a heavy duty garbage bag. Occasionally we need to grab one, and inevitably end up with those thorns in our hands even with heavy duty gloves. They are horrible! I think it's funny we fight these things in the yard, then I go to the vitamin store and see tea made out of them. I refuse to buy it on principle alone!! HA! I hate those things!

we just try to get them from spreading their seeds by chopping off their heads. Then DH works on keeping them mowed so we can reduce their population. So far it's worked. It seems like we have less and less of them every year.

Ebianco: So there was some "on your knees" work in this workout, so I grabbed my zip trainer! HA! I love it. Now I am finding all sorts of uses for it!!

Yesterday we got home, LB was all keyed up. I finally got her settled down and taking some quiet time, and DH comes in through the gate. I swear, sometimes I miss living alone! I also think sometimes I should put LB in for quiet time and go out to the camper. Start making it a Mom's quiet time place, so even when DH comes home I can claim not having to chat or listen to LB talk. I love them both, but I do get peopled out a lot. I used to have very social jobs, but when I got home I would have quiet and relax my brain time. Now I just have social time, and it does make me crazy. DH points out sometimes how social my jobs were, I point out how quiet my house was. It is hard for me.

Happy Friday!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14