Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-21, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night my DD and I went for a walk - I like walking in the evenings, it is very relaxing/calming.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Ballet Sculpt
Ellen - Quick Cardio
Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Routine Part 1

I may do a LWR workout this afternoon or maybe walk again.

Carol - glad you were able to hide out in your office!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 01:00 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Just to follow up on my promise, my arms are going to the dr today at 2:15pm.

Happy Tuesday! The sun is shining!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 08:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I almost did a Pahla B workout and now I'm wishing I had because I pulled a high hamstring at the end of my workout. I am hurting and am really going to feel it in the morning. My workout was:

Barre3 - Strength Conditioning with Kelly - 35 minutes

It was a good workout, pretty lower body focused, with almost no upper body work. I wouldn't have thought I would injure myself at the end when I was warm, but I did. Ugh! I imagine I'm out of commission for a few days or weeks.

Brenda - Glad you headed to the doctor. Let us know what you find out.

Donna - Nice variety in your workouts! What are you going to do when you have to go back to working in the office?!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 07:42 AM  
donnamp

hi!

Quick post for me, today is going to be busy and crazy.

Yesterday I added on:

Lucy Wyndham Read's Summer Challenge Day # 2 - which was the bodyweight/cardio workout of the week and an upper body workout. These take about 20 min or so to complete, so they are nice add-ons/bursts to do throughout the day.

Outdoor walk w/ DD and doggie!

Today, so far has been:

Lucy's Summer Challenge Day # 3 - which was the 11 min cardio/tone and a leg workout (7 min).

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Every Body.

I have been missing Pilates lately, and I need to add it in to keep my body aligned.

Anyway - sorry for the quick post...hope to be back later...

Carol - oh no!! I'm sorry that happened.

Brenda - I hope you get positive news from the dr.

waves,

Donna
Old 05-12-21, 07:43 AM  
donnamp

p.s. I hope we aren't going back to the office regularly.....there are rumors that we will be able to telework more and the going into the office thing may be the exception rather than the rule. I sure hope so!!!
Old 05-12-21, 09:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

JS 5 Mile Walk DVD miles 3 & 4 and CD - 32min
Travis Yoga Basics 1 - 45min

I've been feeling stiff lately and have decided to do yoga in the morning rather than wait until the evening. If I wait until the evening, I just end up not doing it.

I really enjoyed getting back to basics with this class and feel fantastic right now, but as much as I like Travis, there were couple of times when I actually said out loud for him to shut up already! Sometimes he gets carried away and talks, talks, talks but I like his classes, so I put up with it.

Carol, what move was it that caused you to pull a hamstring? Hope it heals quickly.

Donna, I hear you about not doing enough pilates lately. It's been a while for me too and I'm sure it's contributing to me feeling stiff and creaky.

Brenda, I hope the doctor is able to help you with your arm pain.

Hi to Linda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 05-12-21, 08:16 PM  
donnamp

Carol - you may want to try some of Caroline Jordan's routines - she has some for High Hamstring issues...

I am playing around w/ her channel these days!

Dana - yes I think the lack of Pilates has made me a bit stiff/off as well!

Donna
Old 05-13-21, 06:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a rest day - my hamstring/glute area is still painful, but I'm able to walk just fine. Bending over or down is difficult and painful though, as is sitting.

Donna - Thanks for the mention of the videos on Caroline Jordan's channel. I have saved them and will watch them today. If they are something that I can go ahead and start doing, versus waiting a few days to start them, I will get started tonight. I noticed that she also has a program/ebook on rehabbing those injuries, which I might get. My understanding is that it takes a long time to fix any kind of hamstring injury. I think that - high hamstring tendinopathy - is definitely what's going on. I have this happen, only not this severe, anytime I do a lot of barre work these days. You would think I would learn, but no. Apparently, surprise, surprise, high hamstring tendinopathy is more common in older folks.

Dana - I was doing a hamstring stretch that I've done 10 million times. It was at the end of the workout so I was warmed up, and it was a static stretch, and I didn't feel like I was pushing my edge or anything. It felt completely routine, until it didn't.

I have figured out why everyone out here is crazy these days. This is Trump country, pure and simple - probably the reddest of the red. You know how crazy the left was after Trump won in 2016, that's what's going on here, except the reverse. Had Trump won in 2020, our lives at school would have been so much easier. As it is, people feel like they have lost control and they are angry.

Carol
Old 05-13-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long day at work....our co-worker who left on Friday left behind a huge mess. She must have known she was leaving b/c I don't think she did any work at all in April. This is our busiest time of year, too, so it is that much worse b/c of the timing. So, suffice it to say, I got nothing else done besides my morning workout.

Today, I started off w/ Lucy Wyndham Read's summer challenge - today was the 11 Min Cardio/Tone followed by a 7 min glute focused workout. The simplicity of following this routine and even doing the same workout every day (the cardio/tone you repeat every day for 6 days) is really helpful right now as i don't have a lot mental energy to figure out what workout to do. These are most like Slim in 6/Slim Series -they are high rep/body weight exercises and those tend to agree with my body more so than doing heavy weights. Also it is nice that they only take 20 min to do b/c if I feel like doing something else in the morning, I can usually find 20 min to fit in the challenge workouts during the day.

I finished w/ a hip mobility routine from Caroline Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_6KQkAnUw

This was different from what I'm used to doing, but it did feel effective - a bit of activation as well as stretch.

Carol - I hope you feel better soon. Caroline also has a diabetes program that looks interesting.

https://www.hurtfootfitness.com/diab...orkout-program

Hope everyone has a good day - back to the grind!

Donna
Old 05-13-21, 07:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's "workout" was

Caroline Jordan - Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain - 15 minutes

Thanks Donna - I think this did help with the pain a little bit. I will continue to do this video and her other one for high hamstring tendonitis. I've been weaker on the side that I injured for probably 10 years. I think I hurt it once before and never regained complete strength on that side. It's my right side too, and I should naturally be stronger on that side, but I am much weaker.

I saw our first parent in the building wearing a "mesh" mask. Yes, the air goes right through it. 9 days people!

Carol