Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-21, 10:27 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
hypnomom- I agree that I'll probably continue to wear a mask, especially during flu season!

And I discovered the best use for wearing a mask...while cleaning the litter box! With our previous cat, when it came time to clean the litter box I would hold my breath and scoop, taking breaks to grab some fresh air. Now with wearing a mask, the chore isn't so bad!
Ha! That's a good idea. Yesterday DH wore a mask to clean our guest bathroom; he found it very fumey working in a confined space so he just popped on one of his face masks!
Old 04-12-21, 12:55 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
No one knows that I have Bell's Palsy behind my mask.
Pam - I'm so sorry you are still suffering from that! Ugh.

I liked my mask in the winter b/c it made it more comfortable to walk outside.

I'm not loving it so much now that it is warmer, but I do think it keeps the allergens at bay.

The lower half of my face has aged more than my eyes, so I like that my mask hides my smile lines!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:41 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Oh wow, I would have a hard time with that, especially when no one is around me. In light of the science, that seems a little over the top.

Carol
I wear one if I'm outdoors in a place where I will be likely to be forced into close contact w/ someone - like on a city street or a crowded trail. If I feel that there is a way to put distance between myself and someone else I don't wear it. For instance, during my neighborhood walks I don't wear a mask or bring one w/ me - b/c I an easily avoid coming into contact w anyone.

If I walk in the park or on a trail, I bring one w/ me and only put it on if I can't avoid coming in close contact w/ someone.

If I walk in town, I wear it the whole time.

I didn't mind it as much in the winter, but it is getting claustrophobic in the warmer weather.

Donna
Old 04-12-21, 01:50 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

No makeup, no makeup, no makeup!!! I haven't worn any since March 26, 2020, the beginning of the lockdown and the last day I set foot in my office.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:56 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
No makeup, no makeup, no makeup!!! I haven't worn any since March 26, 2020, the beginning of the lockdown and the last day I set foot in my office.
LOL!

I do wear tinted sunscreen and mascara if I leave the house but that is it!

I was gravitating towards less make-up anyway....

Donna
Old 04-12-21, 01:59 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
LOL!

I do wear tinted sunscreen and mascara if I leave the house but that is it!

I was gravitating towards less make-up anyway....

Donna
I would, but I'm still trying to find that perfect foundation, lol.

Most of the time, I wear sunscreen, concealer, powder, blush, mascara, and lip tint, and that's it. That's a light makeup day for me.
Old 04-12-21, 02:12 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Can I ask a question, not trying to be argumentative or judging or anything? If makeup is such a hassle, why do so many people wear it? Other than weddings bc of pictures, I haven't worn makeup since I was about 14 and don't even own any anymore. I was so excited to turn 13 when my parents had said I could wear some and I'm not even sure if I wore it a year, it just wasn't worth it to me. I'm just genuinely curious bc I have never understood it and it has been mentioned several times in this thread. Thanks!
For me makeup was never a hassle. I work in a law office so I have to look presentable, especially when clients come walking through. But it's been really nice not having to wear any in a year. I know once my office opens up and I'm required to go back I'll have to start putting it on again.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 06:01 PM  
cailleach

I stopped wearing makeup except for mascara in grad school. Then when started working remote about over 8 years ago, stopped wearing mascara as well. I'm fascinated by those who are interested in make-up especially those who can be so creative with it.

I was really concern when the virus reached America. I live with my elderly parents so I do the errands and shopping, moving through the stores quickly as possible. I would wear masks and wash my hands throughly when I get home.

I had my share of dealing with foggy glasses, trying to find the 'perfect' placement on my nose with mask to avoid the fog. With severe hearing loss, it really impacted my ability to understand people when I no longer have lips to read. I downloaded an app that would translate speech to text. It's not perfect but better than nothing. One time, a clerk was apparently saying something, when I realized she was speaking, I brought out my phone. She realized I'm deaf and wanted to know if I knew sign language. What a relief!!
I would wave since no one can see smiling.

I think it would be some time before I'd feel comfortable NOT wearing a mask in public. Last week there was a 'double mutant' variant discovered in Bay area. I would feel better when there has been global vaccination but seems that will be some time.
cailleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 06:05 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
I love it! Same here.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 02:57 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Tracy - I got my masks at Cuddle Clones.

https://cuddleclones.com/product/cus...rint-facemask/

They are the best masks I’ve got - adjustable straps, nose wires and wide enough that they cover my nose and chin really well. I’d like them even if they didn’t have my fur kids’ pictures on them.
I got my masks today. They are perfect. I’m looking forward to wearing one to work tomorrow.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks