Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-20, 11:20 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thumbs up UPDATED 6/11/21 "Amazon Logistics" TBA delivery service...

I recently placed an order on Amazon. The item shipped with a tracking number with "TBA" in the front. It was every day "arriving tomorrow" and never arrived. It was a food item, so I ended up cancelling due to the extreme heat conditions here.

I had a fruitless chat with a customer service rep who knew nothing. I searched online and found that "TBA" stands for Transport By Amazon. So, Amazon is paying individuals to deliver the packages. Not USPS or UPS.

I have some other items coming (or, not) by that method supposedly/maybe today. I have my doubts.

This might be enough to finally cancel Prime.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 11:51 AM  
sherry7899

That is Amazon's van delivery service. It is fine for us most of the time, but we had a few issues. We had packages left on our lawn, in the driveway and the best one was a package left on top of our car! I complained each time, and they extended our Prime membership by a month each time.

Usually when the package is near our home the tracking will say how many.more stops until delivery.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 11:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

We get the van delivery a lot too with no problems so far *knock wood*. I usually get a picture when it's delivered. They always leave it out front on the steps which is fine. It always says delivered directly to resident though. I don't understand that. Just say it was left on the front steps. What's the big deal?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 12:17 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
We get the van delivery a lot too with no problems so far *knock wood*. I usually get a picture when it's delivered. They always leave it out front on the steps which is fine. It always says delivered directly to resident though. I don't understand that. Just say it was left on the front steps. What's the big deal?
Ours does that too! It is always left on our porch.

Old 08-17-20, 12:59 PM  
adrien_73

I usually get a photo too...plus I think it's super-cute when they wave "hello" to my Ring camera. (The UPS guy never does that!)
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 02:11 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
That is Amazon's van delivery service. It is fine for us most of the time, but we had a few issues. We had packages left on our lawn, in the driveway and the best one was a package left on top of our car! I complained each time, and they extended our Prime membership by a month each time.
I now feel motivated to complain if this happens to me.
I haven't (yet) had problems with the Amazon delivery service.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 03:35 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I kind of like when I see TBA as the shipping service but it seems to work well in my area.

1) I generally get the package much faster than with other carriers. And since I don't have prime shipping, most of my amazon orders take their time getting to me. But when I see it's coming via TBA, usually I get it faster than the usual snail's pace, sometimes on Sundays, etc.

2) On the day the package is due to be delivered, if I'm home, I like being able to see on the map how many stops away they are from me on the map and the dot/driver moving closer to closer to my house on the map.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 05:07 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I now feel motivated to complain if this happens to me.
I haven't (yet) had problems with the Amazon delivery service.
I've complained a lot lately, and it hasn't gotten me squat. All I get is, thank you for understanding, and, sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 08-17-20, 05:34 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I've complained a lot lately, and it hasn't gotten me squat. All I get is, thank you for understanding, and, sorry for the inconvenience.
I am sorry they are not more helpful. I have always had a good experience with their customer service.

Old 08-17-20, 09:03 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am sorry they are not more helpful. I have always had a good experience with their customer service.
They used to have great customer service, but it's gone downhill. And even though I know COVID is making things difficult for everyone, I pay for Prime to get my packages delivered quickly. Extending my Prime membership would be nice considering they no longer fulfill the terms of service.

Tags
amazon logistics, amazon prime, shipping issues, updated