Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-10-20, 08:47 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Paula, great news about the COVID test. I'm sure that's a relief.

The "rash" is on the back of my hand, not my palm. It's actually looking better than it did this morning. I figure it will be fine by Wednesday.

I don't know if this will show up, but this is what it looked like Friday when I went to the clinic. (Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your own hand? )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hand rash 2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	4705  
Old 08-11-20, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going to my clinic for an educational seminar on hip replacement - I'll be taking one of my friends also. Then, walking Gus, putzing around and mowing my yard - maybe my friend's husband will do that . I'm enjoying the cooler weather we've been having! My friend likes to cook (and is good at it!), so she's making dinner for me and her husband - nice! We had a gluten-free pizza yesterday.

Dede, I'm so glad Gus just welcomes guests in my house - no paranoia! I hope you get some answers about your hand tomorrow!

Laura, yes, my lunch was great - I had fish tacos . Bit different than one's I had before as the haddock wasn't wrapped in any dough, just roasted nicely. Yeah, thanks for providing title ammunition for next week!

Paula, glad to hear DH's Covid test was negative (weird how spell check hasn't been upgraded to recognize Covid ). Gus claimed his couch space first yesterday .

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 12:02 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy day. DH and I went for a walk. I got the video posted to YouTube that goes with the blog post I did yesterday. I did a Gina B. walking workout and had lunch. I need to leave soon to go to my infusion.

Aniga - Well, no one ever said Gus was stupid. Now he knows to claim his couch space. That lunch sounds great! And what a bonus that your friend is a good cook.

Dede - I've never tried to take a picture of the back of my own hand. Didn't know it was a skill. I hope the derm gives you answers tomorrow.

Paula - What a relief! I hope your DH feels better soon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 03:40 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Laura, my fear is that the derm will say, hey, let's try a steroid cream! And yes, taking a picture of your own hand is tricky, especially if you have long nails. I know you (kind of) enjoy your infusions. I'm sure you will read a good book.

Anita, your friend's husband should mow your yard. I'm glad Gus is cool with the new housemates.

Today I did a YouTube step routine which was actually quite fun, but I would have enjoyed it more if she cued a bit better, didn't keep changing up the steps (), and if I didn't have to watch it on my phone because my workout room is the only place where I have the room to do step. I chose an intermediate routine. I'm glad I did. I probably would have struggled with an advanced one. But I did like it and look forward to trying more of her stuff.

Then I did tai chi for balance and day two of the Qi Gong 30-day challenge. (I did day one yesterday after I posted.)

Is anyone else matching their masks with their clothes or am I the only weirdo here? I'm trying to match them with my shirt and my cap. I have a whole collection of caps in different colors. I can't get the colors exactly right, though. What's weird is that I'm even trying. DH is the fashionista in this house. I usually throw something together and hope it doesn't clash. But ever since I got all those colorful caps, I've been trying to match things. I have a massive mask collection. Partly because I've had trouble finding any that fit right, but I think I'm also trying to control something in the middle of a pandemic that no one can control. I know many people are having difficulty dealing. We all have our own ways. Mine appears to be collecting masks.

Okay, don't answer the weirdo question. I just answered it myself.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 08-11-20, 09:22 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight's Get Firm Fast followed by Strong Women Strong Bones, then Yoga with Adriene Brian Power. DH is still sick, still has a fever, still coughing, still weak. I hope he starts to feel better soon. At least we know it isn't COVID.
Deedee, wow that rash looks angry and painful. Is it some sort of psoriasis? Good luck, I hope it clears up soon. Hope you get some answers from the dermatologist. I had never thought about it, but it would be hard to take a picture of your own hand. I seem to have acquired a collection of masks too. They are all white, gray, or black so I can't color match them to myhat or clothes. I have noticed these no longer a point in pretty lipstick. I still need something on my lips because they are so dry, but now just lip balm will do.

Anita, glad your friends are settling in. Gus is a smart dog, get to the couch first, those new people can sit on the floor. Having friends that are good cooks is always a nice thing.

Laura, hope the infusion went well. Don't think I've ever heard of Gina B. Are her walking workouts like Leslie Sansone's - I like Leslie, but I would like to try a walking workout with someone else.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 08:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around. I got my prep instructions from my meeting yesterday with people at the clinic - lots to keep in mind! I'm glad my friend was with me and took some notes in addition to their handouts. We did have another great dinner last night - we had rice noodles with sardines and lots of garlic and onion also - yum! Also a tasty watermelon and fresh green beans! My friend is gluten-free due to celiac disease, so she's made that up by being a creative cook.

Laura, yes, Gus is funny in that he can play small ball of dog to squeeze in somewhere then stretch out to yard long dog to claim space on the couch . Hope you're enjoying a quiet day after your infusion.

Dede, My female friend actually ended up mowing my yard - it's fine either way! I'm sooooo glad I have a small city lot that takes about 20 minutes to mow - not the four hours on the riding mower at the house I grew up in. My friend's husband does Tai Chi - he's got a routine memorized that he did in my back yard (haven't seen him do it yet as we've been gone walking Gus). I'm not color coordinating with my masks - just wear what I can remember to bring. I had three from volunteers at WRC, one broke it's ear loop and another shrunk in the wash, so I lost those two. The third one is a tie around your head loop, so not too easy to quickly put on - just plain white. I've bought a navy blue two pack from Target and my friend bought me a Wonder Woman one because I forgot to bring one when I was in their car. So that's my current collection . I wondered if we would be masking up at home here when my friends moved in, but we decided not to.

Paula, I've though about putting on circus clown makeup under my mask, so I could expose a ridiculous smile in the parking lot! I've stopped wearing lots of earrings as they seem to get caught in the straps too easily.

Anita
Old 08-12-20, 05:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a nice day, not restful necessarily, but good. I got in some exercise this morning and did stuff that needed to be done around the house. DH wasn't feeling very good, so he stayed home while I went to Mom and Dad's for lunch. We had grilled Italian sausage sandwiches with homemade chili on top. And Mom made a pecan pie for dessert.

Dede - How did the doctor visit go? I hope you got some answers beyond steroid cream. Yeah, I've often called my infusions mini vacations. I watched a movie and read after that.

Paula - Gina B's workouts are walking style workouts, but they flow better than Leslie's for me. And some of them are faster paced. She marches in place very little, although she does march forward and back a lot. If it helps, here's a link to her YouTube workouts.

Anita - I think Gus is related to my brother. He used to do that (start small and then expand to claim the entire couch) when he was a teenager. Is your friend just gluten free or does she have an issue with dairy, too? A lot of people have the combination.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 06:01 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

You guys! They sell caps with matching masks at Walmart! Bwahahahahahahaha! No, I didn't get any. But somehow I feel a bit vindicated.

Well, I got my answer, and I don't like it. Eczema with a superinfection. Possibly MRSA, but she doesn't think so. I was her fifth case of the day. She has seen a lot of it because of all the hand-washing and hand sanitizer due to COVID. She actually had the temerity to tell me it will keep coming back until this pandemic is over. She wrote scripts for a steroid (Noooooooo!!!) and an antibiotic. If those don't work, we pull out the big guns. A more expensive ointment, basically. And if that doesn't work, we go to prednisone, but she doesn't like prednisone and tries to avoid prescribing it if possible. I can see now that I should have gone to her in the first week or two instead of assuming it would go away. If I had, I would only have had to take the steroid.

Today I did Kelly's new weight workout. It was okay, but I have to tweak her routines a bit. IMHO, some of her moves are a bit dangerous. So I just take it down a notch or two. I also had to make substitutions for the lower body moves because of my stupid knee. But it was good for a short strength workout. I also did Qi Gong seated, and day three of the Qi Gong 30-day challenge. Once again, I nearly fell asleep doing Qi Gong. Almost fell out of my chair.

Anita, Wonder Woman! I'm glad your friend mowed your yard. My mom has a small yard too, but she has a push mower. I worry about her mowing her yard. But I guess if you're 78 and you can do it, do it.

Paula, who does Strong Women, Strong Bones? You seem to do it alot.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 08-12-20, 08:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith Chair Cardio followed by Yoga with Kassandra - Flexibiity.

Anita, sounds as though you are enjoying your friends visit, which is so nice. I really miss doing things with my friends. I haven't had lunch or a shopping trip or a sewing day with any of my women friends since March. My dogs used to know how to do the small dog to big dog trick too, usually on the bed. So nice of your friend to mow the lawn for you.

Laura, thanks for the link to Gina B's workouts. Looks like fun, I'll have to give her a try. Your mentioning pecan pie has me dreaming of it. I am telling myself NO PIE, you have to lose weight. I wonder how many people have put on weight since March. we should do a national lose weight togethereffort - sort of like January every year.

Deedee, good to know on the rash. I hope the prescriptions work for you. It's so hard to get rid of something like that on the had because you have to keep washing it every day. Did the doc think you should wrap it? Matching caps and masks - who knew. I don't shop at the Walmart near me, I can't take that store because it's crowded all the time, and the parking lot is sort of a no man's land with people and cars going everywhere. The few times I've gone there, I was pertified I would hit some little kid running behind my car. The Strong Women/Strong Bones workout is a paper workout in the book by the same name by Miriam Nelson. I bought the book when I was disgnosed with Osteopenia.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 08:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Last morning taking my vitamins and supplements before surgery next Friday . Tomorrow I'll be stopping by the pharmacy to pick up a bunch of drugs - kind of weird that I have to do this separately as the clinic doesn't store drugs.

Otherwise, I'm planning on walking Gus (maybe) and putzing around. Yesterday my friends and her husband took Gus for a walk down his usual path - I did a shorter loop on my own. When we crossed in opposite directions, Gus was happy to see me, then my friends said he refused to go forward any more and made them follow me back to the car. Awwww, Gus loves me .

My friend made another wonderful dinner with the smoked trout I had with risotto rice . I cold live with her cooking - that's for sure!

Laura, My friend doesn't appear to have a dairy issue. It is nice in that we're using lots of cheese, milk, and butter in her cooking. What movie did you see? My friend and I are watching Stargate-1 reruns .

Dede, hope the doc's correct on the diagnosis and treatment. I'm not surprised that hand sanitizers are causing skin issues . I'd skip using them at every store entrance... Hope your hand clears up! I don't think I'd go for the matching hat and mask look .

Paula, it's a bit of a risk with having new friends living with me, but the benefits are lots better! There was a new article about the weight gain we're all having - clothes are getting returned in droves when ordered online as people aren't remeasuring themselves now. A company was putting out a online clothes display that would show how something looks with your measurements you enter into their system, so hopefully fewer returns!

Anita