Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-15, 03:56 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Forgot to write up some notes for the 30 min walk and back care workout!

Here they are cut and pasted from my check in:

Jessica's 30 Min Workout from the new set - I think this may be my favorite of the set - she varies the pace in this one - going faster and then bringing it back down - but it isn't the same as her "HIIT" walks. This one was very enjoyable!

Back Care bonus workout - this was very good in terms of the selection of exercises she presented - many were the same recommended to me by my chiropractor! All good stabilization stuff. The only flaw is I wish she spent an extra 5 min doing some stretches for the back - but I suppose that is why she has her stretch routines on You Tube and her Chair Stretch in this set.

I have now done all of the workouts once through and I think I'm going to switch things up - I'm feeling bored - but factoring into that is that I did a 2 week rotation of walking and Essentrics BEFORE this rotation, so I am just feeling the need for more variety.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 04:28 PM  
Fitstick

For those who have tried these and have Jessica's other DVD set, I wanted to know your thoughts on this set vs her 21day DVD set. Which has more variety and more intense?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 08:10 PM  
Judy W.

In this set there are 7 total workouts along with 3 bonus workouts, and each has a different emphasis. The 21 Day set is sort of a "reader's digest" version of the same, with 4 workouts, each with a different emphasis. Each set has some toning, but mainly they are cardio.

Both are great, in my opinion -- pleasant, no dread, decent music. I'm glad to have both sets, and will likely be using them a lot, along with my other Jessica workouts. I love Total Body Balance and the Barre dvd also and wish she would put out similar dvds, but her You Tube channel has a lot of that sort of variety and even more.

Having done all the workouts in the set, I now plan to start pulling in some Firms, step, Zumba and my other favorites. I'm really glad to have the Walk On sets and I feel they'll be staples in my collection, along with those other favorites. My 65 year old body loves them all!

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 01:40 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I only had time for the 15 minute Bonus Ab workout today! It was very good, and had some unique and interesting balance moves. Not the same old standing ab workout, so I liked it. It has been a while since I've worked out with Jessica on YouTube or done her other Walk On set (for comparison) though.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith workouts