Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-14, 07:15 PM  
LoveVA

High & Tight from Brazil Butt Lift is great for thighs. Bum Bum is also good for your legs overall, thighs included. In fact, maybe you should do a full BBL rotation! I had some great results from this. I used a 2.5 lb ankle weight on each leg for High/Tight and it really slimmed me down (no bulking). I also made sure graduate to heavier bands as the workout got easier. I still do Bum Bum regularly just because it's a fun workout and I feel like it really tightens things up. I do it for maintenance at this point.

Ballet Beautiful is wonderful for thighs.

I would also suggest Andrea Orbeck's Supermodel Butt & Thighs. I would think you would get some good results from doing that one a few times a week.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 07:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Ready for retro? IMO, nothing beats sliding to firm the sides, in and out, of the thighs.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 07:54 PM  
pumptmuscle

Thanks for all the suggestions all! I've got some homework to do to decide on them all. The good news is, I already have BBL so High and Tight will be done shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Hi Bob -

How about Terri Walsh's ART Prescriptives for inner thighs?http://artprescriptives.com/

It's a downloadable workout with 2 parts. The first part is 25 minutes for one leg and you repeat it on the other side. The second part is 30 minutes. I did the first workout once this week and I highly recommend it.

Good to see you posting! And thanks for sharing your story. I admire your accomplishments.

Nat
Thanks Nat! She sure had some very unique moves. I got tired just watching! haha It's a little pricey for me now but I may get it as a treat in the future. She's very innovative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Bob...didn't you start a controversy before about your bikini body?
ME? Controversial???? Oh wait, yeah, I think I did talk about my bikini body before. haha

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 08:03 PM  
pumptmuscle

Oh, one thing I forgot to ask in the op for others with this issue...

For workouts that include standing leg exercises, like squats and lunges, do you use weights or only bodyweight? I never know which to do. I would think weights would cause me to get even more muscle but so often in the videos, the instructor is using weights. Would using weights there burn more fat in the area or contribute to bulk?

** 50 time marathoner
Old 05-16-14, 08:11 PM  
Sandrine

Hi!
Several years ago, I had nice results from doing a rotation of the Firm Classics Vols. 3-2-1. There's nothing quite like that floorwork in vol. 1.

As for your question about weights above, I would think that's a very individual thing and you might have to experiment a bit to determine exactly what the right combination of weighted/unweighted work is for you.

Good luck in your quest for slimmer thighs!
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-14, 09:51 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
Oh, one thing I forgot to ask in the op for others with this issue...

For workouts that include standing leg exercises, like squats and lunges, do you use weights or only bodyweight? I never know which to do. I would think weights would cause me to get even more muscle but so often in the videos, the instructor is using weights. Would using weights there burn more fat in the area or contribute to bulk?
I agree with Sandrine that you would have to experiment with it. But back when I did workouts with traditional squats and lunges I used to use a weight that would allow me to do the number of reps in the workout to where I was going to failure at the last two-3 reps. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so I think even if I was building muscle, I was losing fat so...yay? I usually did slim in the thighs, but as a female I probably would not bulk as much as a guy.

Having said that, Callanetics/barre did things for my thighs I didn't think was possible. And in a short amount of time. So did T-Tapp, and even faster, but there was a learning curve...and the workouts are kind of spendy.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-14, 12:41 AM  
starbelly

Have you checked your alignment? Sometimes the way that we stand/walk moves our body in certain ways that either underutilizes the muscles or puts too much stress on them (making them either slack or too large). Check out some of Katy Bowman's blog posts about aligning the feet and legs. Proper alignment has made a difference in the shape of my legs and has given me tremendous relief from low back and foot pain.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-14, 01:44 AM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Have you checked your alignment? Sometimes the way that we stand/walk moves our body in certain ways that either underutilizes the muscles or puts too much stress on them (making them either slack or too large).
For me, it's just being a pear. My legs are big and always will be. The best I can do is focus on making them smaller as best I can. I hope it works out in the end.

Again, I really appreciate the recs. What I'm going to do is see if I can borrow some from the library. I live in a county that has an interloan system. If a dvd isn't at my local library, but is at another in the same county, they send it to mine so I can pick it up and bring it back there. It's a great thing. It'll hopefully allow me to see many or at least some of the above suggestions.

** 50 time marathoner
Old 05-17-14, 01:51 AM  
topfitmama

Hi Bob,
you're in the best company here. Women who experience the discomfort of rubbing inner thighs. Mine rub, even when I've been at my lowest weight, which was hard to maintain, they still rubbed. I'm blessed with large muscles in my thighs, I guess!
I noticed a difference when I started adding pilates leg work to my routine, and I've noticed some slimming since I added Mary Helen Bower's floor work more recently. Walking also helps.

Keep posting. I always enjoy your sense of humor!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-14, 01:55 AM  
pumptmuscle

Aww thanks Ruth! I've thought of pilates, too. I was also thinking of a ballet workout. I wonder how those would do.

Geez, this discussion totally makes me feel like I'm "one of the girls." haha What will my next post be... "Do these jeans make my butt look big??"

** 50 time marathoner

Tags
inner thighs, lean the legs, leg workouts