Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-19, 02:36 PM  
sherry7899

Soft weight plates

Aldi has these on sale this week. I have seen weight plates used in Les Mills workouts. Does anyone have suggestions for other uses, and are these a good price?

I do not have a barbell set. I think these would be easy to grip.

Thank you!

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specia...ght-plate-set/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 02:55 PM  
cyana

Those are interesting, Sherry. Aldi frequently has some neat fitness gadgets around the New Year. I think I need to send DH to Aldi this week and stay home, lest I load up the buggy with a bunch of fitness stuff!

Aside from Body Pump, I don't recall using just a weight plate, but with so much functional fitness work these days, I'll bet you could find all sorts of creative uses for them. I think one of these would be good to use in Jessica Smith's 360 Abs. I like the suggestion in the ad of using them with lunges. I agree, they look like they'd be easier to grip that a plate weight. Not that I'm enabling or anything....... I'm sure I'd also come home with that KB set and the stretchy bands, LOL!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 02:56 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I had no idea that Aldi sold fitness items!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 03:00 PM  
LAC

I'd never heard of soft weights. After taking a peek at them, the first thing that popped into my head was that if somebody had Lisa Wheeler's old SmartBells DVDs, but not the smartbell gadget, I bet these would work as a substitute for a lot of moves.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 03:03 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I had no idea that Aldi sold fitness items!
They have a bunch for New Year's resolutions.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 03:46 PM  
IceQueen07

Need to go to Aldi's to look at these. Last year I got a great deal on weighted vest, handweights and weighted gloves.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 05:40 PM  
prettyinpink

Seems like you could use them in place of a lot of dumbbell moves. They aren’t very heavy for this but could be good for weighted glute bridges and hip thrusts, where metal weights are uncomfortable. Maybe for lighter kettlebell moves.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 02:06 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Need to go to Aldi's to look at these. Last year I got a great deal on weighted vest, handweights and weighted gloves.
I was just there yesterday but was only there for food. I tend not to go down the aisles with household items anyway. I really want a weighted vest but don’t want to order online because it’s a hassle to return weighted items by mail. I will head over to Aldi tomorrow. Thanks for mentioning it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 02:13 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I think I might be able to use the soft weights in a backpack in lieu of a weighted vest. This would be more comfortable than using an iron plate. I don’t see a weighted vest in their specials.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 02:41 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I think I might be able to use the soft weights in a backpack in lieu of a weighted vest. This would be more comfortable than using an iron plate. I don’t see a weighted vest in their specials.
Fantastic idea. Two sets of soft weights for options would still be less expensive than a weighted vest.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldi, soft weight plates, weight plates soft