Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-13-21, 08:29 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout for me yesterday (and no particular reason!).

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. Jessica recently indicated she is working on new content for both DVD and YouTube -- looking forward to it!

Donna: Good to hear from you, and congrats on your new home!

Yogapam: Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I've always been mixed on Ellen Barrett myself. She's so sweet, and at least on paper her workouts seem like they would be perfect for me, but I never seem to do much with them.

Beth: Yes, "patio puttering" is mostly playing with my plants (which are all in pots). I trim, reposition, repot or let go as needed. I find it very soothing.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 10:36 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~PT exercises
~Ellen’s Arms & Abs - This was a nice all standing workout with light weights
~Denise Austin Pilates Hips, Thighs, & Butt (YT) - This was an okay 10 min add on, but her transitions were very quick & she gave little instruction & no form pointers…..while she talked non stop….
~MELT: Rebalance sequence

Sandra - I always want to love Ellen’s workouts as I really like her, but they often fall short for me. Today’s was good though. I also look forward to some new offerings from Jessica.

Beth - Love your yoga cartoon! That Slings in Motion practice looks very interesting!

Paine - I love your story about working out with your daughter and I’m so glad you found VF!

Pat - Your beach walk sound lovely! I am missing my walks but trying to be good and keep my step counts down as recommended by my PT. Hopefully I’ll get back out there soon. I just bought new hiking boots for the winter so I’m ready!

Donna D - Congrats on your home purchase!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 10:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday Donna D!
I hope you had a wonderful day!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 08:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone!

~ 30 minute lunch walk
~ My own yoga in bed from memory of Kassandra's practices
~ 6,953 steps

I still can't lift a weight or do anything vigorous. I booked an appointment with my chiro to see if some dry needling in my arm might help.

Donna D - congratulations on your new home!! May you have many happy and healthy years there. I can't imagine what you went through after getting the news from your landlord. I'm so relieved for you that it all worked out.

Have a good day! I'll catch up tomorrow! Sending hugs and healing thoughts where needed.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 10:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy Belated Birthday DonnaD! Thanks for reminding me of Andrea Orbeck's Super Model Buns and Thighs. I'll have to bring that DVD out. Congrats on the new home purchase--that is exciting.

Beth, let us know if you like that Yin Yoga CD from YouTube.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 12:48 PM  
Garrie A.

Hey all! I'm sorry to have been MIA. I'm still around but bad at checking in. LOL! Someone bring me some pumpkin spice. I sure can use it because I love anything pumpkin!

I'm still going strong on the workout front. Currently I'm doing a Body Beast rotation "my way," and this week started my first week of the Bulk phase. The past three weeks I've been doing the Build phase workouts (subbing the two Tempo workouts for the second week). I'll probably take the last week of the month off and do some kettlebell workouts because I'm missing them and also because I've signed up for the virtual Cathe Halloween Road Trip.

On a few non-workout related notes, I finally got back into yarn crafting (knitting and crocheting) after a LONG hiatus. My mom also had to go to the hospital last week after not feeling well for a few weeks. Apparently she had pneumonia. She's doing fine now (got released the same day) although she has to take medication. While visiting her a few days ago I got a letter in the mail saying that I've been selected for jury duty.

Pshew, I have a lot to catch up on. I'll be back in a minute with personals. Missed you all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 01:09 PM  
Garrie A.

Pat: Thanks for starting us off! I'm a $ucker for anything pumpkin spice.

Donna D: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY and congrats on the new home! That Andrea Orbeck DVD is constantly on my wish list. I've heard good things about it.

Beth: Great book sale finds! Lately the Goodwills near me have been $ucky in regards to workout DVDs. I would love to meet KCM, too! Speaking of her, I'm thinking of preordering her new ones--mostly to continue to support those trainers still putting out DVDs (and because I'm a big fan too).

Carolyn: I hated gym class, too (except for the times the middle and high school shared a Wii console and the Just Dance games--I went through a phase where I loved those games ). As a child I was not interested in athletics and was mostly interested in music and the arts. I didn't fall in love with working out until I discovered The Firm nearly nine years ago at a yard sale. That led me to VF, and the rest is history. And now look at me--I'm a group fitness instructor and plan to soon start studying to be a personal trainer. It's funny because was an IT major in college (was going to go into special ed) but now I realize my heart was in fitness all along. That Green Goddess seasoning sounds delicious!

Paine: I'm so glad you've found VF (and us!).

Pam: Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I never clicked with Denise. She seems like a nice person but her chatter gets in the way of her cueing. Plus during cardio she often gets off the music.

Sandra: I my air fryer! I have a PowerXL 7-quart that I use nearly every day. SO uses it and loves it, too. That and my GT Xpress 101 (new from Goodwill about three years ago) are my most used kitchen gadgets. SO's electric skillet is another most used now. I want to upgrade to an air fryer oven so I can stack cook, since I often make meals in it.

Waves to Margot, KarenJo, Cyana, Linda, and anyone I missed!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 08:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, hope you have a great birthday!

Sandra, it definitely sounds like your "patio puttering with plants" (had to get the extra p in there, haha) is both a plant-care and a self-care activity.

Pat, sorry to hear that you are still in recovery mood! Hope the chiro visit helps.

Paine, I did try the yin CD on YouTube. The instructor had a soothing voice, but the sound quality was a bit off; it didn't really matter though since I just did my own yin while he talked.

Garrie, welcome back! Cool that you are getting back into your knit arts; you'll have to post any new creations. Glad to hear your mom is okay! Sorry about the jury duty though; I always dread that.

I'm glad to be off tomorrow for my training and to have that this weekend. I fear that the next few weeks of work are going to be brutal though - I might be heading into the cyana-land of work stress. (cyana, hope you are okay!)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 10:01 PM  
YogaGal

On Wednesday, I had to be at the Reference Desk at 7:30 am and then teach two morning classes at the library, beginning at 8:30, so I postponed my workout until just before dinner. I was thinking of a Kassandra evening yoga practice, but my YouTube popped up with a notification of a new video from Yoga Upload, so I did Maris’s “15 Min Evening Yoga to Unwind & Relax” and it was a good fit.

Today my triceps were still recovering from Kelly’s workout on Monday, so I decided on a lower body workout, Lower Body Tabata from Build & Burn, followed by 10-min Morning Yoga for Hips & Lower Back – Day #19 which is another winner for me.

Tomorrow we are taking a day trip up north with BIL & SIL to see the fall color and perhaps some snow on the mountaintops.

Donna: Congratulations on being able to purchase your current house! And hoping you had a Happy Birthday in your "new" home!

Paine: Thanks for sharing that wonderful story about how you got into regular exercise to help your daughter! I hadn’t heard it before and I guess the only sad part is that your daughter dropped the habit, but at least she is happy now, so that’s what counts.

Beth: Twister! Thanks for sharing the Wednesday comic. I hope you can get some yoga and meditation time to help deal with your upcoming work stress. I have a busy week coming up as well.

Pam: Glad to hear that you had a fun Thanksgiving weekend.

Pat: I hope your chiro is able to help you get some pain relief. In the meantime, keep practicing that good self-care.

Sandra: Weather in my part of AZ is now nice for some patio relaxation time. Also much better for outdoor walks and bike rides.

Garrie: Nice to “see” you again! Sorry to hear about your mom’s bout of pneumonia and your upcoming call to jury duty. Glad your mom is better now and hopefully your jury duty will be short. It’s amazing how life can turn us from disliking fitness activities into loving them! I think we have to discover the activities that work for us. I didn’t care for competitive sports, but I enjoy doing my cardio, strength, and yoga with videos. I wonder if your former gym teachers would be surprised that you are a personal trainer now!
Old 10-15-21, 08:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch plus affirmations
~ Shakti Warrior Open and Receive - Letting the Heart Expand
~ Winsor Power Sculpting Buns & Thighs
~ 5,910 steps

I finally made it past Shakti Warrior class 4! Woot!

Hi Garrie, it's nice to see you. I'm looking forward to our VF holiday Zoom chat, it should be so fun! I'm sorry that your Mom was so sick.

Carolyn, I love Build & Burn! As soon as my arm is better I'm going to go through it again.

Pam - yep, Denise is a yapper for sure. I sure hope you get to don those hiking boots and increase your step counts soon, it's got to be mega frustrating for you.

Beth - good luck with the training, and enjoy.

Where is our poor Cyana on TGIF day? Should we throw in a tennis ball? (Poultergeist)

Good morning to Paine, Sandra and anyone else who visits on this fine day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote