Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-18, 09:54 AM  
ncl

Who inspires you in your quest to be fit?

I read the Halle Berry thread recently and I love to be inspired. That inspired me. She is a little bit older than me and looks great. You ladies (and gents) inspire me as well. Sometimes it is nice to see a story online or here to keep the inspiration rolling. Who inspires you?
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 10:20 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Two amazing women....Miranda Esmonde-White, the founder of Essentrics & Classical Stretch. She is closing in on 70 and is amazing. The other is my sister who cycled 70 kilometres on her 70th birthday. She is closing in on 74 & still going strong.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 11:42 AM  
alisoncooks

Grandma Gatewood.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandma_Gatewood

And the Iron Nun is amazing.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_Buder
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 11:45 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Women who are both older and stronger than me!

Couple of recent examples:
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...fects-of-aging (put the sound on the video, the newsreaders' reaction is great)
https://www.facebook.com/bbcoxford/v...6965815730592/

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 12:27 PM  
Vantreesta

My friend's husband is in his later 70s, I think, and he still cycles across the Badlands, cross country skis and rides his fat tire bike at the nature center when the snow isn't good enough for skiing. He has a heart condition that was not caused by lifestyle but he keeps doing whatever he wants and is very fit despite it. I want to be as active and fit as he is!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 01:51 PM  
marki64

Myself.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 02:05 PM  
Demeris

It's not so much a Who as a Why:

I want to live as fully and as alive as I possibly can for as long as I possibly can. I know that accidents happen, that catastrophic illness can afflict anyone, and that everyone is subject to the advancing feebleness of aging, but for as long as I am able, I want to make choices that lead to health and fitness.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 03:11 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I am inspired, in a negative sense (is there a word for that? I'm blanking) every day by patients who are suffering the effects of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and obesity. People who can hardly walk. Who can't lay flat and breathe. Who are blind, or amputees, or on dialysis due to complications from totally preventable diseases.

I don't care much about looking like Halle Berry (although I totally admire her dedication!), but I do care about being able to use a toilet independently.

It sounds funny, but being immersed in unhealthy people all day every day will certainly 1) change your attitude, and 2) inspire you to invest in your own health.

It probably sounds somewhat negative, but it's really FREEING to be focused on health, which I can change, and not appearance, which I cannot.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 03:14 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I'm really loving all the examples of older people who are maintaining their health to the best of their ability!

They ARE inspiring!

It's also super inspiring to me when someone pursues their best fitness level despite handicaps, like injured veterans, people with chronic diseases, etc. When you see people say "I'm going to do the best I can instead of giving up" when they have EVERY REASON to give up, THAT is inspiring!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 03:35 PM  
bubbles76

Ernestine Shepherd.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspiration, motivation