Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-16, 03:43 PM  
Robin C

Smile

Definitely preordering the entire set. Finally getting a spin bike so I'll be able to use her previous ones and be ready for the upcoming one.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 04:50 PM  
alydinva

She has tried all of these out in Cathe Live except maybe Cardio Slam (can't tell by the description, as she has a lot of drilled-based workouts on CL). Tthe upper body one was just last week) and I've enjoyed them all. I'm excited for the new set!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 05:28 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
She has tried all of these out in Cathe Live except maybe Cardio Slam (can't tell by the description, as she has a lot of drilled-based workouts on CL). Tthe upper body one was just last week) and I've enjoyed them all. I'm excited for the new set!
Oh, I hope the upper body one isn't like last week's live Smokin' Upper Body Blast workout. The description of Ramped Up Upper Body sounds like it's a straight weight workout, vs. an upper body/cardio circuit.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 11:05 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I'm in too.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 11:31 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbnmom View Post
I whined to my husband about not deserving to buy anymore Cathe dvds because of my poor year-long workout activity. He told me to get them. "I insist", he said with a hug. Um ... well ... ok! I'll get them.
Best. Husband. E V E R.

Does he give classes??
Old 08-02-16, 06:46 AM  
Rhonda

I am only semi-interested. Since she has a few of these on Live I really don't need them on DVD. If I was to get anything, I would wait for the individual DVDs and get the weight training ones I am over high impact workouts and just not into spinning much at all anymore.

I think is may be the first time I don't jump on the bandwagon, even though I probably could sell the ones I don't want depending on if they come in their own cases or not.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 07:02 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M View Post
For one thing, despite the great savings, I find I get more use out of DVDs when they're individually boxed rather than in a set. I already have so many workouts that I forget what I have inside my box sets. (Ashamed to admit this, but it's true.)
Me too! My DVDs are organized on my shelves by workout type (pure strength/weights, lower body, circuits/AWT, kickbox, cardio, yoga, etc.) and I have a whole shelf of "systems" which include the Cathe sets like ICE, Low Impact Series and XTrain. I tend to ignore or forget what's in the systems except when I pull one out to do a rotation, then I'm all, "oh yeah, there's that great low impact cardio....and the circuit one....and the upper-body weight premix....". If I had the shelf space and the patience, I'd buy a million single DVD cases and split up my systems.
Old 08-02-16, 09:06 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin C View Post
Definitely preordering the entire set. Finally getting a spin bike so I'll be able to use her previous ones and be ready for the upcoming one.
Hi, Robin. Can I ask which bike you're getting? I want one, too, but not sure which one. Thanks!
Old 08-02-16, 09:45 AM  
Robin C

Smile

Ordered the Sunny Pro Indoor Cycling Bike SFB901 from Amazon Sunday, getting Wednesday. Someone at Cathe's site recommended this plus I looked at some online reviews.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 11:40 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I like the price, and I don't subscribe to Cathe Live so they would be "new to me." I also don't mind waiting until December 20th to get them. I also like that there aren't so many of them. I find that I don't always use all the disks in the larger series, and Daphne, don't feel bad, I forget what disks are in the boxed sets too so you aren't the only one!

I'm going to pre-order.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, peripheral heart action, strong and sweaty