Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-15, 05:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Question Cathe's Muscle Max / STS Total Body / High Reps question

Hi all,

Could you please tell me which one is the easier to harder (in order)? I know they're different from each other, but any help would be appreciated. I previewed Muscle Max and in some exercises she uses high reps (as in High Reps /Body Pump dvd?), but in some she used heavier weights and less reps, she didn't described it as endurance wo, maybe is it mixed (endurance/ strenght?). Again, any input is kindly appreciated. TIA

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 05:24 PM  
Tugger31

For me of those listed in order from "easiest" as in the one I can do with a decent weight without having to pause to curse Cathe to hardest would be...

1. STS Total Body (more strength)
2. Muscle Max (more strength but some endurance too)
3. High Reps (more endurance but heavier weights than she uses in her other high rep workout Power Hour. This workout leaves me with the most DOMS of the 3)
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 05:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you for your input Tugger31, I was thinking High Reps was the easiest of the three

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 06-22-15, 06:17 PM  
Tugger31

Do you own any of them? What type of workouts are you used to doing?
Old 06-22-15, 06:26 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

It all depends on the amount of weight you are lifting, so you can make any of them 'easier' while you get used to them by lightening your weights.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 06:55 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Do you own any of them? What type of workouts are you used to doing?
I've but haven't try any of them yet. I'm planning my next rotation, I'm going to use Pump Revolution and Pump Extreme (I did a full rotation of LMP, and those were my favorite wos) for a few weeks and I was thinking to add High Reps into the mix, each one, once a week and add cardio in between for a few weeks. Then progress to Muscle Max or STS TB. What do you think?

Old 06-22-15, 06:55 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
It all depends on the amount of weight you are lifting, so you can make any of them 'easier' while you get used to them by lightening your weights.
Good point Gibbee!

Old 06-22-15, 06:57 PM  
Tugger31

I'm not familiar with the workouts you mentioned, but as Gibbee said you could use lighter weights for High Reps. A more "classic" high rep feel at least in my opinion are Cathe's Power Hour and her Muscle Endurance workouts. For high rep split I like doing Cathe's CTX Upper Body and CTX Leaner Legs on separate days.
Old 06-22-15, 07:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I don't have those ones you mentioned, but I def. will check them out. I've great results with the Pump workouts, which are also high reps with the use of a barbell.

Old 06-22-15, 08:16 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

High Reps is the closest to the LM Pump workouts I think, but it has more equipment changes, and IMHO just doesn't have the same excitement factor as the LM Pump workouts. However, it will thoroughly work you out.

The others are also good, but have you lifting a bit heavier. However, when it comes to the lower body, I think all these workouts are endurance based since it's hard to lift heavy at home.

Tags
cathe friedrich, high rep, high reps, muscle max, sts total body