Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-12, 09:04 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
How does this compare to Intensity? Impact and intensity wise...
I don't have Intensity so I can't compare...sorry. Hopefully someone else will chime in!
Old 07-14-12, 09:09 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I'm thinking of getting Crossfire when I pre-order. But I still don't feel like I have a good feel for this workout, parts of the clips looked good, while others made it look pretty repetitive.

I did not like much of LIS at all, Trisets was OK, so is this too much like the workouts in LIS?
I have several of the LIS workouts and while there are moves that are the same they don't seem the same to me. When I watched the clips I thought that I wouldn't need both of these and was worried that they would be too much the same but I don't feel that way at all. It is hard though b/c everyone will probably feel different. Although, the moves repeat the workout moves so quickly from one thing to the next and the work sections are short instead of on and on and on it doesn't feel boring or too repetitive to me. I also think the intensity may be to low for some based on the fact that in a couple of sections between the chapters the rest and Cathe's talking may be too long, BUT, I love getting a chance to recover b/c then I'm ready to go all out again.

I hope this helps a little bit.
Old 07-14-12, 09:19 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
[QUOTE=hdw;2066669]How does this compare to Intensity? Impact and intensity wise...[/QUOTE

These are my comments based on my memory (it's been about a month since I've done Intensity). I did Crossfire for the second time yesterday. I did To The Max once when I first got it (maybe 2 weeks ago ??)

Crossfire is completely a drill workout. Intensity has some drills thrown in, but it also has steady state. So it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges. For Overall intensity of the workout, I would say that Intensity is harder. Crossfire is more like doing her Hiit workouts. I think Hiit 40/20 is harder than Crossfire as she does it BUT I modify up Crossfire (adding weights and the band where she doesn't use them) and that made it plenty challenging. Equal to Hiit 40/20, I think.

I've only done To The Max once and it was a couple of weeks ago so I don't remember it really well. But my initial thoughts were that it was tough enough but not killer. So I would say that Intensity is harder.

As for Impact, I think that Crossfire is very modifiable to bring the impact down but still get a good workout. I'm not sure about To the Max.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 09:23 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conni View Post
I did Crossfire this morning, with most impact moves on my rebounder, it was great!!!! The tempos and moves are perfect for the rebounder, and you just have to be careful getting on and off with the blue band, but it really was one of the best workouts I have done on my rebounder. Love it!!!!
Conni- you just gave me a great idea for doing parts of the workout on my rebounder. Thanks!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 09:55 AM  
MARIKA

Angela- I Crossfire to. I feel exactly the same about what you said. Its my favorite Cathe Ever! SO nice to have a FUN tough workout with no dread.
Old 07-14-12, 10:50 PM  
mrsyancy

i also love crossfire and TTM.....initially when i saw the clips, i was thinking, well this looks like classic cathe moves.....but i don't think the clips do the workouts justice.....i love these workouts....yes she uses some of her moves, but it feels so different the way it's done, the sequencing the pace....i just love it....and they were tough, but not puke in the bucket....they were "just right" tough for me:mu sic:
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 08:44 AM  
lcohen
VF Supporter

Love them too!!

I have done Crossfire and thought it was a great workout!! I attempted to do To The Max but stopped after 10 minutes. It was too tough for me that day. I'm not sure if it was because I was too sore from earlier workouts or if I just needed a rest day but I listened to my body and took it easy. Now, of course, I'm afraid of this workout and know that on whatever day it pops up again I will be scaaaaaared!!! I viewed it last night to help ease the worry but I think I may have made it worse.

I think I have it on my calendar in two weeks when the littles are in camp. ::eeek:: Next week is for shorter workouts as I'll have both of them home with me at Camp Mommy. We'll be concocting new green smoothie recipes and maybe even videotaping a few.

Lisa
My blog
lcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 08:46 AM  
gigi

Lisa,
I did To the Max yesterday and have done it before with no problem but yesterday I had to keep hitting pause and get my breath. For me it was a combination of heat, humidity, and quitting my antidepresant cold turkey (which I do NOT recommend).

I was ticked off at myself and made myself run up the hill in front of my house once as a "finisher" after my workout.
Old 07-15-12, 09:35 AM  
lcohen
VF Supporter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Lisa,
I did To the Max yesterday and have done it before with no problem but yesterday I had to keep hitting pause and get my breath. For me it was a combination of heat, humidity, and quitting my antidepresant cold turkey (which I do NOT recommend).

I was ticked off at myself and made myself run up the hill in front of my house once as a "finisher" after my workout.
Hope you're feeling better today! Your run up the hill made me laugh. I thought I was the only one who did this sort of thing.

Lisa
My blog
lcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 10:01 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcohen View Post
Hope you're feeling better today! Your run up the hill made me laugh. I thought I was the only one who did this sort of thing.

Lisa
My blog
Hee hee...

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cross fire, crossfire, to the max