Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-11, 02:43 PM  
edensmom

I have 4 cats but only one of them, Delilah, really likes to join in. She just loves floorwork of all kinds. Seems to be pretty popular with cats.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 02:53 PM  
DachsieDogMom

Any floor work. If my dog's in the room he thinks its an invitation to come for a belly rub.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 03:21 PM  
ponytail

I have three cats. One of them is so brazen (read: dumb) that she will come sit on my step while I'm doing a step workout!!! My other two cats will only enter when I'm doing ab work or stretches. And OH how they love to rub up against me (when I'm all sweaty - yuck!) during plank work!!
ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 03:22 PM  
cherimac

I do have three cats but two live outside most of the time. My indoor girl is very shy (an abused stray that showed up at our house) so won't come up when I'm exercising, too noisy. Afterward, though, she does like my yoga mat.

Thanks for starting the thread, I love reading pet stories.
Old 07-25-11, 04:17 PM  
Indy

I usually block "my girls" (3 German shorthaired Pointers) when I work out.

They don't exactly want to come in there - the floor is laminate and quite slippy - they gingerly make their way across to the carpet to get to me. All floor exercises are quite popular - it seems to this is an excellent opportunity to get some loving. Scout will become quite insistent about it too. She'll tap me if I stop paying attention to her.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 04:17 PM  
MKEMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I have 4 cats but only one of them, Delilah, really likes to join in. She just loves floorwork of all kinds. Seems to be pretty popular with cats.
That is a GREAT cat name!
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 04:36 PM  
cdayley

My dog, as well as my 3 granddogs when they are staying at my house, all love to join in when I do table work. They think it's a great time to lick the sweat that is dripping off various parts of me. I have given in to this practice so I can finish my workouts, but I won't let them lick my face!

Edensmom, we used to have a cat named Delilah. We got her after we got our old dog, Sampson!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 06:19 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Archie's favorite "move" is diving under the big chair when the doorbell rings. But really, he doesn't do much in the way of "moving". He has some fine yoga form, though, as shown in Doorstop Pose, Rug Pose (with many variations), and Pumpernickel Pose (formally known as Sphinx). He also demonstrates wonderful looking stretches.

He doesn't come near me during cardio, but we do become a little tangled during seated yoga and qi gong. The fur is very soothing (but the licks are somewhat distracting)
Old 07-25-11, 07:21 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I forgot: Simon likes to work out on his own, chasing his tail (he's 10 years old, but still does this).

For his solo workouts, Pete likes pouncing on sheets and blankets that have 'lumps' in them, and skittering around like a lunatic.

Bobsie prefers yoga stretches.

Pete and Bobsie, and Simon and Pete also like MMA (meow martial arts, aka "rasslin').

Rascal sometimes 'rassles with Simon, but otherwise is not much of an exerciser.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 08:05 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

your poodle is 10 pounds and slightly overweight? I have a 23 pound cat! seriously. He went to the vet last week...the vet has his brother and he weighs 21 pounds! They are just big cats (not maine coons, just regular american domestic) although Max could stand to lose a few pounds.

When he was younger he could fit under my step and ambush me if I was doing step. He doesn't fit now.

However, he is *always* around when I workout. Sometimes he lies down between the edge and middle of my w/o area for a nap....as I'm working out.

When I do chest presses/flyes/triceps extensions - Josephine will jump up on my step (which I use as a bench) and knead me.

Ariel is usually almost always around also, but she stays on top of her cat condo. Belle comes around occasionally.

Tags
cats, dogs