Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-11, 12:52 PM  
moviegrl1737

What's your pet's favorite move?

I recently discovered that my slightly overweight ten year old teacup poodle rescue has a favorite workout move, I was doing S90 Tabata Inferno, and when it came to the plank press-ups she became frantic thinking we were playing, pouncing, skittering off pouncing again. Usually she will trot through while I'm working out feigning disinterest or sit on the sidelines waiting for a break in the action where she can rub her face on my hands and force me to pet her, but this was hysterical.

Do you have any moves that your pet couldn't resist getting in on the action?
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 01:00 PM  
MJ525

Well my cat Thomas loves it when I do yoga, specifically downdog he curls around my arms and feet and then lays down right where my chest/face will go. I'll lay right on top of him, he doesn't budge then I either get his face or butt in my face
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 01:14 PM  
patchworkpenguin

April <--- likes to plop her head on my stomach when I'm doing crunches. Or lick my face when doing yoga. She also likes to lay on the mat right in my way. She's very helpful.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 01:17 PM  
Juli

Sophie just wants to be anywhere within touching distance during any of my floorwork. She will rub her head against my hand until I start petting her.

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 01:17 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Whenever my cat Basil feels frisky and wants to play, he arches his back and runs towards me sideways - like he wants to intimidate me with his size. For some reason, I really find it very endearing it and we both find it so humorous that we just have a major hugfest after we play, and chase one another!

He also tends to materialize at the precise moment when I'm done with my cardio and move to the floor exercises. He becomes very affectionate and rubs agains me with all his force. Basil weighs a bit over 20 lbs, and is the size of a medium size dog. He is not fat, but he is very big and muscular. He is a Brit, and they're not a dainty breed. So, yes I feel it when Basil bumps me when I'm doing floor exercises. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 07-25-11, 01:53 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegrl1737 View Post
I recently discovered that my slightly overweight ten year old teacup poodle rescue has a favorite workout move, I was doing S90 Tabata Inferno, and when it came to the plank press-ups she became frantic thinking we were playing, pouncing, skittering off pouncing again. Usually she will trot through while I'm working out feigning disinterest or sit on the sidelines waiting for a break in the action where she can rub her face on my hands and force me to pet her, but this was hysterical.

Do you have any moves that your pet couldn't resist getting in on the action?
My girl has this thing with ALL cooldowns/stretches! Whenever the cooldown begins and I start to stretch, she'll come from anywhere in the house and stretch with me. I love it and there is nothing better than having her wrinkle face nuzzle up to me after a long workout!

Any mat work and I've got both cats and dogs crawling on me. We have a cat that will jump on our backs when we do pushups and planks.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 02:16 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Fatso's is the corpse. I have taken numerous pictures of him during our workout, and 99% of his exercises are just his variations of the corpse. He is quite talented though. I'm amazed at how many variations this cat can do.

Fatso also waits for me to stretch. He always has to join in for the stretches.

My rotty, Tate, favorite exercise is the total body Yamuna ball roll. He will drop his tennis ball on the grass and roll on it. He starts from his upper back and wiggles the ball all the way down his spine. Pretty amazing.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 02:19 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
April <--- likes to plop her head on my stomach when I'm doing crunches. Or lick my face when doing yoga. She also likes to lay on the mat right in my way. She's very helpful.
Our new pup, Tucker, does those things too. And bites my ears, lol. When I lie down on my back for floor work or stretching, he will stand directly over me and try to lick my entire face! My 13 1/2 yo beagle, Penny, now just tries to monopolize my yoga mat when she sees it. I often pull "hers" out and then pull out one for me.
Old 07-25-11, 02:37 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

My most loyal workout partner hasn't been with me for quite a while (Scooter used to join me for most floorwork and stretching), but of the current batch, Pete is the only one who hangs around when I work out.

He likes stretches, but most of all, likes giving me a post-workout wash.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 02:42 PM  
MKEMom

Stretches, downdog, anything that puts me within rubbing distance. My cat, Sushi, also likes to sit on my step when I get it out, but runs like crazy as soon as a put my foot on it the first time. You'd think she'd learn
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, dogs