Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-24-22, 09:31 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

action Jacquelyn pilates sculpt + rode my horse + did the fp yoga stretch that I had planned to do yesterday.

I was actually sore from the suzzane bowen barre and it's not a hard workout so time to get back in shape. The fp yoga (part of the 6 day trainer) was better than I expected but it's not that stretching. After 8 minutes of yoga you grab your dowel and work on balance and mobility.

ebianco - that total body workout looks super tough! You definitely made me want the Tamela version of crunch time! glad you dh understood why you slept in the other room this time.

hi buzzer - hope you are having a great weekend!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 10:55 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Finishing my workout week with a HIIT but not Caroline, I went with Daniel PT today and a HIIT that had an ab emphasis (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsiZwWPUJKI&t=1605s) and I realized I was so tired I didn't even really want to warm up, but I did something light on the rebounder to try to get myself gong. I was still very skeptical that I could do even half the workout with my level of achiness today, but within the first few exercises, I pepped up, and by the end, I was actually rejuvenated! Glad it is over of course

Two well earned rest days coming up!

Eventmom I like the yoga premix on the 6 Day Trainer too and you're right it's not as total stretch as you would think. Often I kind of freestyle my own stretches when they're not stretching and jump in when I feel like it LOL.

Buzzer waves!
Old 09-25-22, 02:20 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

woke up sore from yesterday - so I did 15 min keoni cardio + 35 essentrics scuplting

ebianco - I wonder if I ever did the fp yoga workout before. I don't remember the stick work. If I conceptualize it as a mobility workout I think I will work it in from time to time but would not be what I want for an actual yoga day. Ah, Daniel is certainly easy on the eyes!

hi buzzer!
Old 09-26-22, 07:51 AM  
Buzzer

Triple Threat Lower Body.. DONE!

This time it was harder! I used my 3 pound ankle weights and really focused. The outer thigh part still wasn't that bad, however the quad and that darned stationary lunge while leaning forward dealie. That was tough!! I dropped the 8 pound weight about 3/4 of the way through and finished it up with the weight in front of my toe, with my hands on it. I tried not to press into it to help, but it was hard not to! I needed help! Today will be the upper body workout, then on to another DVD!! I am liking my "rotation".

I took Saturday off working out. I was so incredibly tired. Bone tired. Friday we spent the whole day outside walking around, so I got exercise I suppose from all the walking. I think Saturday I was paying for teh heat and not enough water. I was exhausted all day.

Yesterday I felt better. DH got a bobcat for the weekend to move the tons and tons of dirt we got, so he spent the weekend moving dirt. LB helped... she learned how to drive the bobcat and spent a lot of time in it! DH had it turned on very low, so she couldn't go fast, and she did great. She loved it!!

I read books and cooked yesterday. Oh, and ran errands for DH. It was an OK day. Relaxing, but still don't feel like I relaxed as much as I need to. Like, relaxed mentally. I still was up and doing things... meals, errands, going out and examining DH's handiwork, talking to LB... stuff like that. So it wasn't like "aaaaahhhhH" relaxing. More like, I had some time to myself relaxing.

Anyhow, we have a ton to do today! DH got a treadmill in the new garage, so I will be using that when I can! He has his office in the garage and he has no walls. So I am not really in to working out in there just yet. Perhaps in the future or on weekends. I am excited though, I like treadmills! I miss running, and I can do a bit better of a run on a treadmill than on our hilly roads.

So LB made the lantern, and it was hysterical!!! So they put the lantern (a round tin can) on a piece of wood covered in duct tape, so it will hold it's shape while you pound it. LB was pounding like she was building a garage, rather than tapping like the other kids!! Her lantern kept getting stuck on the piece of wood from being bent. I'd have to pull and pry it off, and try to straighten it out. She was having trouble holding the nail/drill bit thing that they were pounding on to make holes in the lantern, so I held it for her. She would pound like the devil, and then accidentally hit my thumb or finger and say "oooops. Sorry." then keep pounding on. The lady next to me told me she was stressed for me, and she took pictures she sent to us. I was laughing, and LB said "I know that laugh. That's the laugh of you in pain." Then she kept on pounding hard on this lantern. The lantern was even more out of shape than the boys'! HA! It was hilarious. She got it done, it is misshapen and you can't tell what the cut out decorations are even supposed to be... but I love it!!! I love it because it has a great story with it, and it is definitely HER. We have been burning candles in it. It seems whatever we make at Living History days becomes my favorite things!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 01:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

action jacquelyn gentle barre sculpt - rode my horse - did some resistance stretching

buzzer - triple threat wasn't one the margarets I hung onto but maybe in hindsight I should have. the lantern episodes sounds painfully funny omg. sounds like a fun program.

hi ebianco!
Old 09-28-22, 12:38 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All,

I wrote an ENTIRE post and then I accidentally refreshed my page and lost it all, UGH!!!!! It wasn't the 500 error just my own oops.

So, to start over, my DH had a heart attack out of the BLUE on Sunday night, no history of heart problems and his symptoms were unusual (heartburn, indigestion, and wooziness, a tiny bit of chest pain but he chalked that up to the heartburn). He wasn't feeling great on Sunday but feeling so unwell by the evening that he wanted to go the ER, which is extremely rare and I knew he must really have been feeling poorly. But a heart attack wasn't even on our radar. They found troponin in his blood which I've learned is an enzyme that only shows up in your blood when you've had a cardiac episode. Then they did chest x-ray, EKG, CAT scan, and he had to be transferred to another hospital with a cardiac unit for surgery, which they did Monday, and they discovered a 98% blockage that they were able to address with a stint, but thankfully otherwise his heart looks good. (They were initially concerned it could be much worse, lots of blockages, because of the unusual symptoms). He finally was released yesterday afternoon. It's been an ordeal for both of us.

He was told to take the whole week off work, and I asked for the whole week off too because I didn't know what to expect. I'm glad I did because the last two days were all at the hospital, and even though we are home now, we are both exhausted from the stress. I am still taking off to help with his recovery and dr appointments and whatever else we need.

Even though I've been exhausted, I decided to do 50% or even 25% of my workouts to still keep up with them, until I'm back up to speed. So today I ended up doing 50% of Epic Heat Day 16 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtdK...XkXVM&index=19) with warm up and stretch for a 35 minute workout.

Eventmom Yes, I agree the FP yoga is more like a mobility workout than a real stretch workout.

Buzzer The lantern story is adorable and glad you bth had tons of fun, and have a memento to remember the story by
Old 09-28-22, 02:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

ebianco! OMG that is crazy and scary! I'm glad you DH is doing okay now but that is just so WOW. (Super articulate here.) 1 week off work - are you kidding how about a month.

I can't imagine anything I could do to be helpful but if there's some weird dvd you want tracked down or whatever from a distance let me know!

okay! well. back to me (LOL)

my workouts -
yesterday - the free floor barre class
today - started an action jacq. ballet flow but it's basically yoga - chatts, etc which just aren't great for me and as you follow her too much is back to the TV. so I got pissed and quit that and did a 10 min barre of hers that was more what I like. Rode my horse. Resistance stretching.

hi buzzer !
Old 09-29-22, 02:35 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I felt a little more energetic today compared to yesterday at least, and I was able to complete the entire Epic Day 17 leg workout today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPU0...XkXVM&index=20) plus stretch for a 47 minute workout. This one was all weighted and was hard in the sense that it was just back to basics moves that were repeated, so lots of burnout. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a chest and core workout.

Eventmom Thank you for your positive thoughts Work is being very supportive too and saying to take as much time is needed, and so is DH's work. Unfortunately he just started a new job and has no accrued leave so he is on leave without pay, but I have lots of leave saved so now is definitely the time to take it for me. A week is going by fast but hopefully I'll feel ready to go back next week, if not I guess I'll just take more time. It has been an ordeal, obviously the worst for DH but I'm also trying to recover! Today is better than yesterday though, and hopefully tomorrow will be even better. Today we had to be out the door for a faraway doctor appointment and running around, and hopefully tomorrow will be more just staying at home and recouping. Then a nice quiet weekend.

Buzzer waves!
Old 09-30-22, 08:41 AM  
Buzzer

Another round of Triple threat (did I check in with that?) DONE!
Did you know P90X had a stretch workout? I didn't!! I thought they just had yoga. So I looked in a P90X series for the yoga, and there was this "stretch". I have 2 P90X series, so I don't know if it's the legit one I got from Beachbody, or one I got from Goodwill. Anyhow, I did the stretch and LOVED it! It's like "the best of" from the yoga, but less yoga, more stretch. Even some of the jokes are the same. I loved it though! Put it in my rotation to do again.

Joyce Vedral BUG... DONE! Lower and upper. I went lower on weights than I had logged I did last time, and it was TOUGH! I loved it though. Fun workout, and I can't decide what annoyed me more, Joyce non stop talking, or her daughter counting! I loved the workout though so am going to do it again. Today is a day off, we have had such a busy week (of course), and I have literally taught LB how to run a business in two days this week. I signed her up for Ameritown and it is today. She wanted the job of cashier, however they made her Market Manager. Which had additional responsibilities, and more lessons we had to go through. It's a lot, and since we've never done Ameritown before, it's overwhelming. I think she will do fine though. We had two days of cramming, and although it was tough, I'm glad we did it!

OK, now to what I really want to say... Ebianco! What the heck!!! that's awful! I am so glad you guys went to the ER though! I can't believe that! It takes a lot for men to admit they need the ER, so he must have felt awful! What an awful whirlwind. I can't believe he's only taking a week off! I mean, with a new job it's hard without time off, however man, it's your life we're talking about! I hope he feels well enough to go in on Monday. However, I can't imagine he will! I am grateful you guys have the medical coverage and care available to take care of it. I hear so many horror stories of people having heart attacks and just being sent home for heartburn. So grateful they found it! So scary. I am so glad he is doing better. Surgery even. Man. I'm so sorry I haven't read our checkin sooner. I am with Eventmom, if you need anything, just let me know.

So here's our scary story, my cousin lives in Ft. Myers. He has some "boatels" there, which are big boats he remodeled and rents out rooms like hotel rooms (but on a boat). I heard he was staying in Ft Myers to keep in eye on his boats during this hurricane, and thought he would stay in a high rise hotel and then go see how they were after the hurricane. Nope. Midday on Wednesday, when the hurricane was hitting, we were in CC. I get a message from my sister saying my cousin was posting live streams on Facebook of him ON HIS BOAT. In the hurricane. I went and watched the live streams (that were only a few minutes long) and it was awful! I felt like he was live streaming his last moments. I was worried about him, and of course, he lost internet and couldn't stream the rest of the day. We didn't know if he was alive or dead. Right before sunset, he was able to post a quick video of him obviously on land, and the destruction around him.

His wife posted Thursday that he was OK, and that the boats were in the parking lot of the dock. I talked to my other cousin, and he said that the big boatel they just remodeled recently was majorly damaged, but my cousin was OK. So we are slowly getting info about him, and what is going on. So it was a long day or two for everyone! I am interested to hear about his experience though, and if he thought in hindsight that was a good idea!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 11:35 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Checking in today with Epic Heat Day 17, chest and core (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFxB...XkXVM&index=21), one I was really looking forward to because it's a lot of abs and a break from the type of workout Caroline usually does. This one had some weight work but also a lot of bodyweight. I knew it would be tough and it was, tons of burnout, but it was very enjoyable. My chest is maximum fatigued now though not sure how I'll feel tomorrow, when I'm supposed to do a total body workout. My legs are sore from yesterday's leg workout, but not totally killing me.

Buzzer and Eventmom Thank you both for your kind thoughts and support They were able to place a stint in through his wrist, he doesn't even have an incision, so it isn't the long recovery it would be as if he had open heart surgery or anything like that. I mean he's still recovering, sleeping a lot during the day, and you're right Monday will be here sooner than we know it and I don't now how he will feel, so he may need to take more time. I'm feeling a little better about things, I'm getting lots of supporting messages from people and confirmed with work that I don't plan to come back until next week, but do plan to start next week unless something new comes up. But I'm going to take it one day at a time, before all this happened I was very wound up and stressed about different things (work, sister who is being difficult again, sigh) and now I'm just accepting that I can only do what I can do, and that's it, and I am not going to feel bad about the rest.

Buzzer Yes for sure, like most men, DH doesn't really go to the doctor/hospital unless it's REALLY bad, so I knew it was serious. Still, we were both utterly shocked that he had a heart attack and had a 98% blockage and needed surgery. It was an eye opener for sure. I hope DH takes this opportunity to clean up his food, but for the past few weeks or longer his appetite has been barely there so even though he isn't eating the best food, he's not eating that much of it...so I guess that's better than eating piles of bad food

I've never heard of a "boatel" and that is a scary story about your cousin being in one during the hurricane?! I would have been greatly concerned about him too, that he would have died. I would be interested to hear about his experience too. Oh my gosh what a gamble to take during a crazy storm. It has really been a crazy time for everyone.