Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-22, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 21
~ Bellyfit Spring Ritual Bundle #4, Fire and Flowers
~ Kassandra Stretch After Work
~ 6,294 steps

The Bellyfit was not a repeater. This is the first Bellyfit bundle I haven't liked. I'm looking forward to Alice's next series on DailyOm, but don't plan to purchase anymore BF's after that.

Donna, thanks for the reference to Margaret Elizabeth, I'll check out her channel. Nice job getting 10,000 steps in, your dogs must have loved it.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-22, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday was:

19 minute outdoor walk
15 minute PT exercises and stretches

DD walked with me and I felt a little more confident. I could link arms with her if I felt a little awkward. I have a bit of PTSD from the fall I think. I was watching the road the whole time for cracks and uneven surfaces that could turn my ankle I'm sure that will pass in time. I cut a couple of my stretches short too. I'm supposed to hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat 3 times. Sometimes I just do one or two sets. I'm thinking of checking out some short youtube videos for now and work my way up. Slow and steady.

PAT, I can see how the vinyasa could be boring and tedious. Sorry Bellyfit wasn't up to par. Good workouts though.

DONNA, nice job on the dog walks. This weather is too nice to resist that's why I attempted another walk yesterday. I hope you enjoy the pilates challenge.

DIANE, sorry about the poor sleep but good job getting some movement in. Glad Monkey and Riley are well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 09:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Is anyone else having rain? We just had a nice little t-storm roll by, and it should go off and on all day.

Yesterday was low key. I did my next installment of LWR's posture challenge at the office and had a massage after work. And relaxed all evening!

Summer Breeze, I totally believe you have some PTSD from the trauma of falling and then the PITA of getting over it. How nice to have a walk with your daughter.

Everyone make it a sparkling day.
Old 09-22-22, 12:29 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out for another dog walk.

Today it is raining, so I will have to see about taking a walk outdoors, if not, I'll get something done indoors.

This morning I did:

Margaret Elizabeth - Feel Good Pilates Challenge Day # 2 - Standing Pilates w/ Squat Focus

She wasn't kidding about a "squat focus" - there were a lot of squats.

So far, though, I'm enjoying Margaret Elizabeth as an instructor.

Summer Breeze - I can understand being wary of hurting yourself again. It will pass, I'm sure as you get more confident.

Pat - sounds like a nice evening

Diane - hope all is well with you!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 05:26 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi guys,

I'm taking a break from posting and other social media. We've been through the ringer with Monkey. Today we had to go back to the vet because she hasn't eaten since Saturday. Turns out she was constipated.

Thinking that was an easy fix, NOPE! Two enemas and she STILL has not gone. We are beyond exhausted, caring for her wound and now starting her on Miralax (via syringe - fun, fun!). If she doesn't go by tomorrow morning, back to the vet and they will surgically remove her poop.

I told Gerry as much as I love animals, I am done. My heart cannot take this any longer. We're getting older and, should I want to help animals, I will foster.

So, I'll be back but didn't want anyone to worry. It's all just been too much around here. To think the toilet was my biggest worry!

Love you all - see you as soon as Monkey is back to normal.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 07:16 PM  
donnamp

Oh my goodness, Diane - I hope all turns out well w/ Monkey. ((HUGS))
Old 09-23-22, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out for a short dog walk - it really felt like fall, cooler, windy...just a nice day for a walk! I also added on Ellen's Core Walk in the evening - just for some added movement.

Today, I went back to Senior Shape and did:

Senior Shape - Cardio and Strength Interval Training (from 5/23/2022)
Essentrics - Stretch for Hips and Groin w/ Gail Garceau

I need add these short Essentrics in more often - there is a whole playlist of practices by time so I need to get out of the mindset that I have to do a full half hour!

I see Robin Long has rebranded as LindyWell and she is offering a new 14 day challenge and one month free subscription to her site in October. I think I will join for the month of October and then probably cancel. It looks like she has teamed up with some other instructors so I'm curious to see her new site. it is still pricey at $27/month.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!

Donna
Old 09-23-22, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Low key day, I did not exercise. Visited a friend after work and had a nice long post-Covid (well I know it's not over but you know what I mean) conversation and catch-up.

Donna, looks like you're enjoying the Senior Shape channel. Hope you enjoy your LindyWell subscription.

Diane, we'll miss you. I hope everything works out. Hope to see you again soon.

Good morning Summer Breeze and everyone have a fabulous day!
Old 09-24-22, 05:05 AM  
amoodygirl

Just a quick update - Monkey has been in and out of the Vet clinic since Monday. Each time, 2 enemas and nothing. Yesterday she went 2 small poops - but her X-rays showed 4 to 5 times that. Brought her home last night, still on Miralax and psyllium husk-not eating and no poop.

So, today we're bringing her in to have her cleaned out. She will have to be sedated.

We are both so sleep deprived and snapping at each other. I have to remember Gerry is on my side. He's just a lot calmer than I am. I don't do well when my animals are ill.

I know this sounds weird but I think there's some bad vibes in this house. We've lost 4 cats since building this house. Coincidence perhaps.

Anyway, thank you for your well wishes. We're still in the fight.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Ellen Barrett's Affirmative Flow was it for me yesterday. It was a good one for the office.

Diane, I'm sorry to hear Monkey needs that procedure. Sending positive wishes, and good luck with everything you have going on.

I hope you all find enjoyment this day.

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga