Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-22, 12:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

(Leslee) Bender Ball Pilates

Hi Ladies,

This workout is only 38 minutes with various pilates exercises using the miniball. One of my favorites was for inner thighs (frogs) and something else she does like a clam, but calls it by another name. I will have to do this one again. Not as comfortable with my miniball, as I needed to have deflated it a bit, first.

I also added Moira Stott's Pilates Basics (express series) which in only about 20 minutes, but Moira has to do all the prep work first before beginning mat work. Still shorter than her regular mat workout DVD as that's over an hour, I think.

Margaret's Pilates workouts look great, Donna! I previewed Day 1 and she has a great personality, too! Offers many modifications for a gentle workout and nothing was rushed. Very nice!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-22, 05:24 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

On a whim, I went to the beach this morning and ended up staying all day. I brought my laptop and worked from there using my phone's hotspot. Isn't technology amazing!?!? I checked the weather forecast before I left and realized today was the last warm day for at least the next 10 days, so I wanted to get this beach day in while I could and I'm glad I did! So I didn't get any workouts in, but I did walk over 12,000 steps, so there's that at least.

It's going to be colder and rainy tomorrow so I'll be restarting my workouts. I've decided to do Strong & Centered since I only did a couple of weeks of it when it first came out and I'd like to do the whole thing. We'll see how it goes.

Donna, Margaret Elizabeth's workouts look good. I don't know much about Pilates, but I may have to try one! Good job getting 10,000 steps. I've been trying to increase my step count since the weather is more conducive to walking outside this time of year and I want to do more of that before it gets too cold.

Pam, Thanks, I will definitely get back to L&S at some point, but S&C seems like it's a bit easier so I'll do that and see how it goes. I have done Jessica's other mashups (I did Summer of Strength recently), but S&C looks really good and I need to devote time to it. Now that the weather is getting cooler, I feel more in the mood to get back to S&C.

Waves to Sherry!
Old 09-22-22, 12:33 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out for another dog walk.

Today it is raining, so I will have to see about taking a walk outdoors, if not, I'll get something done indoors.

This morning I did:

Margaret Elizabeth - Feel Good Pilates Challenge Day # 2 - Standing Pilates w/ Squat Focus

She wasn't kidding about a "squat focus" - there were a lot of squats.

So far, though, I'm enjoying Margaret Elizabeth as an instructor.

wishiwasinhawaii - so nice to work on the beach. I should work outside more often, too - I use two screens though so not quite that portable, maybe for when I have tasks that just require one screen and not going back and forth! it is raining here today and our weather is going to get cooler. I'm trying to prioritize outdoor walks while I can as well. I do want to get back to L&S/S&C but I'm just not getting enough sleep - my dog has me up a lot during the night.

Pam- very nice!!

Waves, Sherry!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 02:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Leslee Bender Strong and Healthy Back

Hi Ladies,

I did another of Leslee's workouts. She does talk a lot so there's some hang time with her workouts. Maybe having some of these miniball routines memorized so I can jump ahead or do on my own would be best, but I do prefer working out with an instructor, regardless.

I also added Suzanne Bowen's 10 Minute Solution Slim and Sculpt Pilates workout with band. I did the Lower Body section, as well as the Flexibility. I haven't liked Suzanne in the past with the 10MS workouts. I don't think her sequencing of moves is ideal and I know it's hard to squeeze it all in, but instead of doing lets say 10 exercises, maybe only do 8 or 9, so it doesn't feel rushed. Especially with resistance band work and setting it up for the next exercise. Just my two cents.

April Focus:
Old 09-23-22, 08:21 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm back on a workout schedule and started S&C yesterday. I had a dentist appointment this morning and have errands to run now, but I will do today's workout after lunch.

Donna, The day I went to the beach I knew it was going to be a slow day at work so I could work from there, but I wouldn't normally be able to do that. I'm so glad I went because the weather has taken a much colder turn now. It really went from summer to fall overnight!

Pam, I've never done a lot of Leslie's stuff. I should really look into it more. It seems she has retired though so I guess she doesn't have anything new coming out.

Waves to Sherry!
Old 09-23-22, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out for a short dog walk - it really felt like fall, cooler, windy...just a nice day for a walk! I also added on Ellen's Core Walk in the evening - just for some added movement.

Today, I went back to Senior Shape and did:

Senior Shape - Cardio and Strength Interval Training (from 5/23/2022)
Essentrics - Stretch for Hips and Groin w/ Gail Garceau

I need add these short Essentrics in more often - there is a whole playlist of practices by time so I need to get out of the mindset that I have to do a full half hour!

I see Robin Long has rebranded as LindyWell and she is offering a new 14 day challenge and one month free subscription to her site in October. I think I will join for the month of October and then probably cancel. It looks like she has teamed up with some other instructors so I'm curious to see her new site. it is still pricey at $27/month.

wishiwasinhawaii - I agree it did turn from summer to fall literally overnight. I'm not complaining i need a change and it is nice to get out to walk in the cooler weather.

Waves, Pam and Sherry!

Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 10:18 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post

Pam, I've never done a lot of Leslie's stuff. I should really look into it more. It seems she has retired though so I guess she doesn't have anything new coming out.
Yeah, I think the last DVD set (Miracle Miles) Leslie Sansone put out may have been from 2018 or so. She didn't lead any of the Walk, Run or Lift workouts but had her other leaders (Nick, Rocky, etc.) so not the same.

If you're referring to Leslee Bender's (Bender Ball) pilates workouts, the last time she put out DVDs (2007) there was a bit of drama in 2007. Same company who produced Mindy Mylrea's Gliding workouts, did Leslee's and they couldn't keep up with the demand. A number of VFers didn't get their orders right away.

April Focus:
Old 09-23-22, 01:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cassey Ho Pop Pilates Flat Abs (Muffintop Melter, Lower Body Blast)

Hi Ladies,

I started today with Cassey's workout and had to modify a few things in both segments. She's really sweet and bubbly and the view of the beach was nice! I also added Leslee Bender's Selective Core Training as well as Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates (Buns & Thighs.)

Happy Friday, everyone!

April Focus:
Old 09-23-22, 09:30 PM  
Leonana

Sorry I’ve been MIA this week! I haven’t done any workouts. I did do some housework after work on Wednesday. And each day I seem to have errands to do after work. I just crash on the couch and forget to workout. I need to do better next week.

Yesterday was dh’s birthday, but we celebrated tonight. Dd and our friends came over for dinner and cake. Now we are playing a card game dd gave dh as a present. It’s called Play Nine, a golf themed card game. It’s pretty fun, although I’m losing!

Work is going well. I was getting really stressed the past couple of weeks. The older junior high kids are hard to handle sometimes, they don’t do what we say. And one of my coworkers has a harsh way of correcting me, so I felt I was doing a bad job. But I kind of got into a groove this week and am dealing with the kids better. Kids do try to get away with things! I also have learned to take the coworkers criticisms with a grain of salt. But I have job security, it’s hard to find people to do our job, it can be difficult. Dealing with kids from disadvantaged homes, plus being on your feet, plus the heat. I enjoy it though. I like the kids and my co-workers. I now realize I was really getting isolated being at home my myself a lot. I’m an introvert, but I have a real need to be around people a lot. Quite the conundrum!

Pam, that’s my problem with the 10MS dvds. They cram too much into a short time, then I find it’s too fast and too hard.

Donna and wishiwasinhawaii, I would like some cooler weather! It has cooled off here a little bit with shorter days and some rain. But our highs are from high 90’s to low 100’s. Wednesday was only 86, but the humidity was around 60%! It was like a sauna. Today was 100 with 49%, it was hot. I’d rather have 105 and 10% humidity any day. Although those temps are the highs, it’s usually 5 to 10 degrees less around 1:00 pm when I’m done with the kids.
Old 09-24-22, 08:27 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Senior Shape Beginner Workout with One Dumbbell or Kettlebell. I used an eight pound dumbbell. My kettlebell is 15 pounds, which is way too heavy for me. I should have bought a lighter one. I really liked the workout. Lauren has good strength moves and I like her warm ups too. I find her workouts challenging, even though they are described as for beginners or seniors.

I did house cleaning and laundry today, plus other small chores I needed to get done. I’m bushed! We are playing the golf card game again with our friends. It’s pretty fun, although I’m in last place as usual lol.

Tags
tablet