Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-22, 09:07 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Eleni Fit 40 Min Cardio Walk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtJk...IzXa1Q&index=1
Fitbymik 15min Standing Arms & Abs w/dumbells. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEb...wsRlD-&index=4

Great workouts! Elleni Fit cardio walk was a lot more than just walk. No verbal cues, great music and easy to follow. I enjoyed it very much.

Donna, thanks for mentioning new instructor. I'm not familiar with Margaret Elizabeth and will check her out.

Carol, hope you got your car fixed. Ugh on car troubles. As far doctors go nowadays, you're not being pushy, you're advocating for yourself because from my recent experience with my PCP, you have to. I'm still looking for a new PCP and it's not been easy to find someone that even from the online search doesn't raise red flags. Congrats on winning $25 GC from JV. Like you, I never win anything.

Beautiful day here today. Sunny with high of 64F. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-22-22, 12:31 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out for another dog walk.

Today it is raining, so I will have to see about taking a walk outdoors, if not, I'll get something done indoors.

This morning I did:

Margaret Elizabeth - Feel Good Pilates Challenge Day # 2 - Standing Pilates w/ Squat Focus

She wasn't kidding about a "squat focus" - there were a lot of squats.

So far, though, I'm enjoying Margaret Elizabeth as an instructor.

Thanks for directing us to another good find on You Tube, Dana.

Hope all is well, Carol.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 08:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Steady State Cardio Burn - 23 minutes & Pilates For Beginners - 10 minutes

I subbed a different cardio workout for the HIIT workout on the calendar. It was perfect for me.

I saw my PCP today. Sadly she did not think that diagnosis from the R.A doctor was completely crazy; she thought it was reasonable, although perhaps a little premature. She did want me to see a Pulmonologist in her group so she's working on that referral. She told me to go ahead and start the prednisone so I did. Keep up the exercise and healthy eating/sleeping, etc. She said not to overdo the exercise - that is, as long as it feels good it's fine.

My car is running fine.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 07:53 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Moving for Beauty - 30min
Ellen's Quick Core Fusion - 15min

First time doing Quick Core Fusion and I really enjoyed it! I've done Moving for Beauty before and it's also one of my favorites. This was great combo for this morning.

I have to run to the office for couple of hours this morning. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-23-22, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out for a short dog walk - it really felt like fall, cooler, windy...just a nice day for a walk! I also added on Ellen's Core Walk in the evening - just for some added movement.

Today, I went back to Senior Shape and did:

Senior Shape - Cardio and Strength Interval Training (from 5/23/2022)
Essentrics - Stretch for Hips and Groin w/ Gail Garceau

I need add these short Essentrics in more often - there is a whole playlist of practices by time so I need to get out of the mindset that I have to do a full half hour!

I see Robin Long has rebranded as LindyWell and she is offering a new 14 day challenge and one month free subscription to her site in October. I think I will join for the month of October and then probably cancel. It looks like she has teamed up with some other instructors so I'm curious to see her new site. it is still pricey at $27/month.

Dana - yes, there are a lot of Ellen-isms out there! LOL!

Carol - hopefully you'll get some answers from the pulmonologist. How long do you have to take the prednisone?

Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.

Donna
Old 09-24-22, 08:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was Mobility & Injury Prevention Day on Jessica's calendar, which meant

Jessica Valant Pilates - Renew & Restore - 17 minutes

was my workout. It was a nice gentle stretch, with many of the stretching sequences of Jessica's that I've come to know. Only one more week of Jessica's challenge and I'll be done. It's gone really fast and I've enjoyed the dual calendar, which will not continue. But I've done enough of Jessica's videos that I think I can tell which ones I need to stay away from and which ones are doable for me.

I have an appointment with the pulmonologist this coming Wednesday, which is pretty much a miracle. I've been warned, he is brilliant and very good with figuring out what is going on with folks, but his manner is blunt and not warm and fuzzy. He is in the same practice group with my PCP which facilitates the easy sharing of information, a big plus. That has been one problem with my rheumatologist - she is not in the same group and my PCP isn't regularly getting information from her, which I don't really understand. With everyone's records being electronic, it would seem like she would file a visit summary and my PCP would automatically get it, but that's not how it's been working.

Donna - I'll be on the Prednisone for two weeks. I do think my coughing is a little better - and actually my breathing tests on the 14th were improved from the end of August anyway. I still think whatever I had back in August aggravated whatever underlying issues I have going on and brought them to light, just like it aggravated them in January when I was sick.

Carol
Old 09-24-22, 04:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Outside Walk - 35 minutes;

Jessica Valant Pilates - 20 Minute Chair Pilates Workout - 20 minutes

I enjoyed Jessica's chair pilates way more than I expected to, probably because she incorporated light weights with the arm work. There was a fair amount of leg work as well.

Carol
Old 09-25-22, 08:49 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's new Full Body Blast - 45min. Three segments - 15min each; cardio, strength and stretch. I didn't care for cardio because it felt kind of scattered for me, but I liked the strength section and loved the stretch.

WRL 20min workout. This was from the set I purchased from Amazon few months ago that's also mentioned in another thread. I got it for 22.97 with 3 bands and a disk with 3 workouts on it; 20/30/40min each. There was some talk about glitches on the disks so I figured I'll see if my disk is defective. The 20min workout I did just now has no glitches and I really liked the energy on it. So far so good.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 09-25-22, 04:47 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My weekend catch up:

Saturday:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - California
Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners - floor practice

Sunday:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - PA (filmed in front of the "Rocky" stairs)
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Morning practice

Carol - good luck with your upcoming appointments.

Dana - I will probably be getting Ellen's workout in at some point this week. Moving for Beauty is one of my favorites and I also enjoy the Quick Core Fusion workout as well.

Hope everyone has a good evening -

Donna
Old 09-26-22, 05:59 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts:

Outside Walk - 25 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Ab Workout (Mindful Movement Series) & 10 Minute Pilates Workout for Legs and Hips

I had a good weekend, at least until my son mowed the yard (which desperately needed it) Saturday. Then I coughed. And I coughed, etc., etc., etc. Obviously a trigger. And yesterday I coughed quite a bit, but then I got out and took a walk right after dinner, and no more coughing. Go figure.

Dana - Gosh, I need to check my WRL disc too. I also bought it a while ago and haven't tried it out. I do enjoy the energy in the new crew that Leslie is using, even if they aren't the best cue-ers. The music seems to generally be better as well. Her streaming would be good for me for the winter when it is too miserable to walk outside.

Donna - Where was Jenny's California workout filmed? There would be so many spots to choose from for California!

Carol