Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-22, 07:56 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Lean & Lifted - 30min.
Fitbymik Standing Arms & Abs - 20min
. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaWRhONt-74&t=13s I am really enjoying Mikala's channel!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 09-18-22, 02:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just

Outside Walk - 25 minutes

this morning.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-22, 05:38 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

The weekend flew by as usual.

Saturday was:

Lively Ladies - Standing Pilates (from 9/16) - this was a nice one for balance!
Lively Ladies - Every Day Stretches
Dog Walk

Sunday was:

Ellen - Super Duper Sculpt
Dog walk

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 09:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Barre Workout for Beginners and Seniors (from 2/2/21).

Jessica Valent's calendar had barre up for today but i have done her barre workouts numerous times so I decided to stick with the theme but try something different. Lauren's barre workout was very good - I really enjoy her stuff. It is very calming. It also always ends up being more challenging than I expect with the "senior" and "beginner" in the title.

I hope to get a walk in later today.

My Lab is up and down. On Saturday I was sure I'd be calling for the "appointment" today but yesterday she had a good day. I guess I'll just keep plugging along until the bad days outnumber the good.

Hope you are feeling better, Carol.

Waves, Dana and anyone else stopping by today.

Donna
Old 09-19-22, 08:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - New Year's Challenge Live Workout #2 - Barre Workout - 30 minutes

This was a basic barre workout - definitely do-able for me, yet still resulting in the "burn" and the shakes.

Donna - I know what you mean about Lauren's "beginner" and "senior" workouts. They are definitely still challenging.

Carol
Old 09-20-22, 07:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Power Express - 15min
Michelle Brieher 30min Standing Low Impact Cardio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfPexQOKPPc
PBL Hamstrings & Glutes Stretch - 25min.

I woke up at 4am feeling fully rested and decided to workout with my personal trainer Oliver. Lisa's Hamstrings & Glutes stretch was very thorough and just what I needed today. Michelle's low impact cardio workouts are fantastic! So far I've done 3 different ones and they are challenging but very doable.

I have lots of errands to run today. We're going to look at gas stoves today. Mine is a little over 15 years old and works OK so far, but recently I've noticed that the actual oven temp is up to 20 degrees lower than I set it too and it takes longer to come up to temperature. The average life span of a gas stove is - wouldn't you know - 15 years! I hate to spend the money when my stove is still working, but I just know that it will go out on Thanksgiving because that's what appliances do. I'll listen to my gut and will probably get a new stove in the next week or so.

I hope everyone is doing well. Waves to all!
Old 09-20-22, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took my Golden for a mid-day walk - so glad to be able to do this again now that it is cooler. My Lab is still up and down.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio w/ Weights for Seniors & Beginners
Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Walking Workouts w/ Weights for Seniors & Beginners

Both of these were good - similar to the FIRM's 4 Limb stuff. Again, I was surprised to get "sparkly" from something labeled "Seniors & Beginners".

I really like Lauren's instruction - she is very calm and relaxing and I like her background - soothing blue. These are well produced!

Plan to get another outdoor walk and some stretching.

Nice workout, Carol!

Dana - good luck stove shopping and thanks for mentioning another You Tube instructor!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-20-22, 08:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today was a steady state cardio day on Jessica's Challenge calendar, so I did

Jessica Valant Pilates - Outdoor Walk - 40 minutes

I walked longer than usual looking for someone's lost dog. Sadly, I did not find him. I don't know what I would have done if I had found him - he didn't have a collar on and he was too big for me to pick up.

The day started out on a crappy note - my car wouldn't start. We finally managed to jump it and get it started and I limped up to the Toyota place, which luckily isn't too far from my house. I left the car and they took me to work. A new battery and a couple of other things that needed to be done and it's good as new - at least as new as 82,000 miles can be.

The day ended better. I got a call from my primary care doctor (she's an internal medicine doc) and she wants to see me on Thursday morning. She has requested all of my records from the R.A. doctor and I've printed as much as I can from the R.A. doctor's portal just in case she hasn't gotten them by the time she sees me Thursday. Even if she agrees with the R.A. doctor, at least someone else is looking at it.

I also won Jessica Valant's $25 Amazon gift card giveaway this week. Not bad for someone who never wins anything.

Donna - I agree with you about Lauren's workouts. Maybe I'll have a Lauren month when I get tired of Jessica.

Dana - Nice workouts! I've seen Michelle Brieher's channel. She looks to have some good workouts.

Carol
Old 09-21-22, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up getting two dog walks in and made it to almost 10K steps for the day - it has been a long time since I got that much in. WFH has definitely reduced my step count.

Today, I got the Pilates bug!

I found a new-to-me instructor on You Tube - Margaret Elizabeth and decided to at least start her 15 day Feel Good Pilates Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...R3C9DR_1xgsSjy

I liked the looks of this challenge b/c there appears to be quite a bit of variety.

We shall see how long I stick with it.

I'm still going to continue w/ some walks and other exercise as well.

Carol - sorry about the car, but I agree it is good that your Dr is looking into things and it is great that you won Jessica's gift card!!! WOO HOO!

Waves, Dana!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
Old 09-21-22, 07:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Quickie Arm Burn with Light Weights - 10 minutes & Standing Weight Combo #1 - 10 minutes

These light weight workouts wear my shoulders out!

My rheumatologist's office called today after I sent her a message via her portal asking about why she hadn't first tried a short round of steroids to calm my lungs down and asking if I needed to see a pulmonologist since this will be a continuing problem. As a result she prescribed a 2 week round of prednisone and said she would refer me to a pulmonologist. She also scheduled a 6 week follow up instead of a 3 month follow up. I'm not going to start the steroids until I talk to my PCP tomorrow morning. I'm being a bit of a pushy patient but I'm not sorry. This whole thing has been a bit ridiculous.

Donna - Thanks for mention of Margaret Elizabeth - I hadn't heard of her before and some of her stuff looks interesting.

Carol