Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-22, 02:17 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

continuing FT 6 day trainer with pilates floor and abs. then I tacked on some cardio.

ebianco - oh geez, insurance companies! and those moves look super hard congrats on getting through it.

hi buzzer!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-22, 09:25 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Finishing my workout week and Epic Heat week 2 (workout day 10) with this weighted HIIT workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vs0...XkXVM&index=12) plus warm up and stretch for a 47 minute workout. I didn't sleep well, DH came into the bedroom after I had fallen asleep then accidentally made a VERY loud noise when he came in, THEN said he wasn't going to bed right away, and I knew it would be extremely hard to go back to sleep knowing he was going to inevitably wake me up AGAIN. So I went to the other room to sleep, and he was outraged and yelled at me about why did we even get a new bed? I told him if we slept at the same time like we usually would then it shouldn't be a problem. He was so mad he slammed the door on the way out (from the second bedroom where I went to sleep ultimately). So that sucks But why can't I just get a good nights sleep? I don't think I'm being unreasonable And he takes it as a personal insult, but it's not personal at all.

Anyway, I didn't sleep well and was tired, but I became surprisingly invigorated during this HIIT workout and the time flew by! I used 8's, 10's, a 10# kb, and a 15# kb at times and it was great. I marked this one as something I'd like to do again.

Two well deserved rest days.

Eventmom Great job working your way through the 6 Day Trainer set!

Buzzer waves!
Old 09-18-22, 02:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

fp - kickboxing off 6 day trainer. I haven't done this one in quite awhile but I like it so I should use it more.

ebianco - sorry about the sleep drama with your dh... it's tough.

hi buzzer!
Old 09-19-22, 05:36 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Lower Body Split.. DONE!
Firm Upper Body Split.. DONE!

I did them again! Ebianco, these are not 1/2 hour workouts! I think perhaps I explained it wrong. they are an hour workouts, however I have been doing 1/2 hour workouts for so long that I think it made these really tough! They are the cross trainer workouts. They are tough! Not as tough this time through though! I did 15's as my heavy weight on the lower body work, and grabbed some 15's for part of the upper work. In upper I used 15's for biceps and upright rows. those two for some reason killed me with the 20's! I feel it for sure more this time though. I think with the 20's I was just focused on doing the rep, with the 15's I was focused on doing the rep completely, all the way through, lifting the weight through the ROM. 20's I just wanted to do the move.

My upper body is sore today, and last night was kinda getting a bit miserable. Not miserably sore, but just felt... I don't know. Tired? I had to do tax things last night, so it did not make my night pleasant.

I am putting these into my rotation at a later date, and have put in as my next workout the 4 day beginner workouts from Fitprime/the Firm. They are 10 minutes-ish each, so I will probably just do all the legs, then all the upper body workouts. So about 40 minutes for the legs, and I guess if they have the upper body split the same throughout, I will do those all at the same time too. I don't want to do just 10 minutes! From my preview, it's a warm up, step ups, then stretch. I dunno. This might be annoying. However, might be good after the split workout.

I have pulled out all my Firms that are splits and added those into the line up of DVD's I have. After my workout, I always look at the line of DVD's (probably 40 or 50 workouts at this point) and shuffle them around. I have put in some Margaret (triple threat), some Joyce (I miss her!), some Cathe, Firms, Amy Bento, Kelly Coffey Meyer (who originally started this for me)... I even put P90X I figure I can do a week of that. JNL is kinda off to the side in case I need her, which I have a few times.

Ebianco: Sorry about your DH. Sounds like something my DH would do. I think it's more of a frustration with themselves than it is with you. You are just a convenient outlet, unfortunately. I remember I was thinking of getting rid of Yoga Meltdown a few years ago, but didn't. I might do it this time. Yes, endless chatarungas and down dogs! I just started doing my own thing. I have other muscles that need stretching.

Eventmom: I thought I had all Firms then you come up with this 6 day trainer! HA! I don't need it, but man, there sure were a lot of Firms! I'm sure if I run into it, I'll be happy to have a firm I haven't seen before! HAHA! Yeah, the house is a big sore thing for me. I am liking it more now that I'm lightening it up and getting rid of the dirt and decisions from previous owners, but I still don't love it. It makes me sad that this is where I am. However, I am going to make the best of it. Bathrooms are so expensive to remodel! We remodeled ours in 2013, and although I am not in love with it (it was a former linen closet turned bathroom, so it's TINY), I'm glad we did it. However I wish we would have done a few things differently... but that's not gonna happen since it's so expensive! You gotta make sure you do it right the first time. I should have held stronger on some of the things I wanted instead of just letting DH take the reins. His decorating sense is not so good. I just didn't want to argue over stupid bathroom design stuff. I hope it goes well for you though! yes, it will definitely increase the value of your home to do some of those things!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 04:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

fp total body but with an upper body focus. I liked this one - some 4 limbed aerobics. no step!

buzzer - actually it's a fitprime. they cut up parts of the longer workouts to make this 6 day trainer - 20-25 min per day 6x week for 2 weeks. It was like $10 and I'd buy a back up if I could. yes house stuff is just mix - how much time / $ to spend to make things 'better' ? for how long? But the stupid bathroom has carpet for cripes sake, so it's got to go. I'm leaving the cabinets but putting in tile in the floor, re tiling the shower with something much brighter (I'm sure you get that appeal). You made think of Joyce. I've got to get back to normal workouts!

hi ebianco!
Old 09-22-22, 11:16 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week yesterday with Epic Heat Day 11, glutes and hamstrings (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Dg...XkXVM&index=13). I was really dragging and was tempted to skip it altogether, then decided just to do 1/2 and that made it doable! A mental trick that I suspect I'll be using more in this rotation. I actually did more than half, all the loop work and hip thrusts but not the deadlifts or sumo squats. And I felt real burnout at the time, but was really surprised I have very little DOMS. My legs are kind of overall tired but not the precise ache I was expecting in my glutes and hamstrings!

Today was Epic Heat Day 12, upper body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCh-...XkXVM&index=14) and a serious toughie. My arms are already sore so they are going to be killing me tomorrow! Tomorrow is all lower body though so it's okay

Eventmom and Buzzer The next morning after DH was all upset about me sleeping in the other room, he was totally fine and wasn't mad at all. It was a relief but I was also annoyed that he was that mad, then it just blew off for him while I spent all night worked up about it. At any rate, the beds are a WINNER! We can sleep together again! It is very rare that his moving around wakes me up. I think I only woke up once the past few nights from him getting in and out of bed. So that is a HUGE relief, seriously. Unfortunately, no cpap yet or even a phone call.

Buzzer Oh now I remember those Upper/lower split workouts, in fact I think the lower body is more than an hour long!! I like the lower body workout better because I remember all the abs were at the end, where in upper body they were sprinkled everywhere. Although, I don't think that would bother me as much now as it would have before. those workouts are definitely toughies!!

Eventmom I love the kickboxing premix on the 6 Day Trainer set, in fact it's my absolute favorite!! It has all the cardio sets from Crunch Time which is my favorite DVD on the set (and all time favorite) which is why I like it so much
Old 09-22-22, 11:48 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tuesday - free floor barre class via zoomo
yesterday - fitprime cardio step, rode my horse, resistance stretch
today - essentrics stretch (30 min) + 7 min qi gong

ebianco - now you made me want the newer crunch time! I have the original with Susan and like it so much I never spent the $ on the new one. I don't know why I haven't used that kickboxing segment more often. glad the new beds are helping! glad things with dh was just a middle of the reaction and nothing sustained.

buzzer - waves! guessing the error is getting you, sucks.
Old 09-23-22, 07:16 AM  
Buzzer

Triple Threat Lower Body... DONE!
Triple Threat Upper Body... DONE!

Last check in I cut and pasted. This checkin, hopefully I don't have to do that! Lower body wasn't as tough as I remember it being. That move where you hold the weight in front of your shin and do a little lunge HURT! I mean, man, that's tough! But the rest of it was just good. Maybe I need to add a heavier weight. The upper body though.... that was killer! I made the mistake of grabbing 1 weight higher than Margaret. So, for example, when she grabbed 10's, I grabbed 12's. Note to self, don't do that! I also skipped the pushups and did chest presses, which was really good. I used 20's and when she did a pushup then go back to a child's pose, I did a chest press then kinda moved the weights up towards my head (kinda like a controlled swing up) so it was intense. So good though! My upper body was screaming and I am sore today.All good though!

I will do another round of triple threat for sure!
So Eugene had to have a cone of shame after they lanced another infection on his inner back leg. I spent all night listening to him bump into things, and try to pound it on our door to get in. I finally got out of bed at 3am and let him out on the deck where he was quiet. So after a sleepless night and still having to do my day, I got one of LB's swim rings (a Spiderman one), blew it up and put it around his neck. He can see, he looks ridiculous!, but it's working to keep him from licking the wound. I got a picture of him from a neighbor saying "Does he need help? Or is all the rain making him worried about drowning?" So that was funny. Every time we look at him we laugh, because he's so happy, always smiling, and he has this Spiderman swim ring around his neck! HA!

Today I doubt I will get to my workout. We have living history days, and LB has a lantern making class at 9:15, so we have to leave at 8:45. I probably have time to get something in, however we will walk all day. Plus I need some triple threat recovery! I have to make lunches and breakfast still. Plus I slept in after three nights of horrible, horrible sleep. I finally slept 7 hours last night!!! So excited!

Ebianco: I do that too. Think about it all night or day, then when I see DH again he's over it and moved on and I realize I have to also. I just can't keep bringing it up or working on it. Sorry you haven't heard about your cpap! What a pain. Almost seems like "withholding medical care" at this point.

Eventmom: I think a lot about you since I know it's your last semester! I guess it's like when you are a senior and that excited feeling. I have that for you!

OK.. gonna hit "submit" and pray for the best since this is a longer checkin....
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 10:09 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

woke up with a headache so the yoga that was on the fitprime schedule is out - downdog etc with a headache sucks.
so pulled out the prevention barre workout with Suzanne Bowen.

buzzer - I'm sort of excited sort of not. I need to empty out my campus office which is a bit emotional. And I see things happening in the department that while part of why I'm happy to leave just also makes me feel like wow, you all have really screwed up at a deep level (the screw ups are at a deep level). all changes are superficial to jack up enrollment with no concern for quality. quess it's good I'm leaving. Poor Eugene but your neighbor sounds hilarious!

hi ebianco!

Old 09-23-22, 11:45 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Today was Epic Day 13, plyo and isometrics lower body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaBH...XkXVM&index=15). Almost all bodyweight, not as many plyos as I was concerned would be included, and really extremely doable! I noticed two weeks ago during my last 'leg' week that the second leg day was really not that hard, mostly bodyweight, and today was the same. She definitely hit the quads which balances out the glute/hamstring work on Wednesday and my heart rate up got up for sure, but it wasn't grueling. So that's great. Tomorrow's total body workout has a lot of leg work too it appears, so that will probably be tough LOL. My upper body is tired but I don't have the crazy DOMS I thought I would have from yesterday.

Edited for Saturday: Today was Epic Day 14, total body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo7q...XkXVM&index=16) and I was going to add abs after, but I was just kidding about that I am so tired from head to toe, so I snuck in a little bit of abs into the main workout when she did yet another set of chest and I said no thanks, I'll do abs instead. Still, tomorrow I am going to find an ab focused HIIT workout because I doubt I will be able to keep up with Caroline's HIIT for Day 15, it is like half burpees.

Eventmom Yes, I LOVE both Crunch Times, the original with Susan and the remake with Tamela. They are very similar, but I feel like it is definitely warranted to have both. For one, the cardio is a little different - Susan's is more with weights (IIRC) and Tamela is more dancey high impact. Also, the sequencing of all the yoga stuff is different. Susan does it more at the beginning and Tamela does it more at the end (which I prefer). They definitely have a different feel to them, even though the music and pretty much all the strength work is the same. For the strength work I feel like Susan squeezes more reps in, she is more down to business while Tamela chats and dawdles a little bit, but she makes it fun all the same.

Buzzer Ugh that's DHs for you I guess. I was just glad he wasn't mad. Actually I ended up having to sleep in the second room again last night, he even warned me at bedtime that his legs were in pain so he was going to be moving a lot. I fell asleep but then he woke me up once or twice and I moved over, and he wasn't mad this morning!

Oh sorry to hear about Eugene, actually the swim ring is a great workaround for a cone collar. When Sundae was a puppy we ended up getting something similar on Amazon instead of the cone because it seemed to do the trick but then she could eat and drink easier (something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Protective-In...-2-spons&psc=1). Sorry he is still having skin infections though!

The lantern making class sounds fun! LB is lucky you have so many activities and interesting things always planned for her!!