Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-26-22, 02:32 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - Callanetics express workout (17 min) RODE MY HORSE (okay at a walk but there we did it) then 10 min resistance stretch.

I taught my in person class last night probably work stress contributed to my poor sleep wed. night. slept 7 hours last night! At far as in person classes, 1 down 7 to go.

buzzer- wow 6 months, that's so difficult your poor friend. I do not think I have long covid. I had a couple of physicians mention it took them several weeks to feel 100%. today I feel the best I've felt since I tested positive. I'm slowly getting back to normal - ish workouts.

ebianco - I get it on the sleep arrangements. DH ended up sleeping in our living room in Taos (the couch is actually a futon he could lay down) just to get slightly better sleep. We didn't like sleeping apart but sometimes you just have to make changes.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-22, 11:13 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today I started with Firm Volume 6 warm up and cardio then this total body Daniel PT workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLeQ...T5yzc&index=54) and a stretch for about a 65 minute workout. It was great!

I was on a really great eating well streak for about 3 weeks but now I'm faltering again, ugh. Also I'm anxious because next week is the cyst removal, the procedure itself is dread inducing but missing out on weeks of exercise is even more dread inducing I'm just trying to focus on how rejuvenated I should feel after a three week or so break.

I talked to the sleep doctor yesterday and he said the study was good for them to determine the pressure I can sleep well at, and that he put in a script with the distributor. It would take about two weeks to hear from the company (if I don't hear from them I can bug his office) so I'll just try to be patient and see.

Eventmom Great job on Callanetics and riding your horse!

Buzzer waves!
Old 08-27-22, 01:51 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

practice 1 from my action Jacquelyn yoga set, rode my horse (again just a walk she's out of shape too) then 10 min resistance stretch.

ebianco - given all the health issues you are working through I can understand how you eating might be a bit off track. Glad to know they were able to order a device suited to you.

hi buzzer!
Old 08-28-22, 07:15 AM  
Buzzer

Les Mills Pump Challenge... DONE!
JNL Fusion stretch...DONE!

Pump challenge was fun! It was short (25 minutes), and they spent a lot of time getting you into proper form. However, the workout was good for a day when I felt a little stiff and sore, and wasn't really into working out! Each muscle segment was about 3 minutes, and in a few segments they did two muscle groups. The triceps were worked with the chest, then they also worked them with the abs. The biceps were worked a bit in the clean and press (not as much as I think they think they are!) then again by themselves. I lifted heavier than they recommended.. they were lifting 5's for most things, I went to 10's. I did mostly 10's and 15's for the whole thing.

Afterwards, I wanted a stretch since I feel so stiff. I can't even reach the back of my opposite shoulder right now without pushing on my elbow to get that far. So I decided on JNL since it's short, and I haven't done JNL in a long time. The stretch was interesting... since I needed some mobility in my shoulders (apparently) it was good because all she did was stretch the back of the body!!??? so weird. No chest, quads, abs, biceps... all back stretches and a ton of hamstring stretches. It was good, however not very balanced. She sure is skinny though! Wow. All of them look so good! I looked at myself and could right away see where the extra 50 pounds have gone on me!

Yesterday was a lot of westernaires. LB had her last ride as a Tenderfoot, then an hour and a half later she had to be back for a pizza party and a show by the upper class students. So we spent the better part of our day there. The show was over at about 7:30, so we spent pretty much from 11am when we left our house until 8pm when we got home doing westernaires stuff. I did get a chance to go to Costco, so that was good. Long day.

Today we have another party to go to. This whole week is book with stuff! Mostly parties! We have today's party, then Tuesday the neighbor kids come over while their parents are away for the day, Wednesday we have another party, Thursday we have her Tenderfoot graduation... it's like events week!

Ebianco: I'm sure the anticipated derailing of your exercise has something to do with the derailing of your diet. I bet you feel recovered and rejuvenated after your break! I always dread breaks, but they always seem to be good for me. I bet you get released earlier than that to do walking or something though. Plus you will be more aware in these three weeks of things like taking more steps, holding in your abs, and stuff like that that you can do without "exercising". You will lift up cans of soup with an intentional isometric contraction.

I'm surprised that, when dealing with something as important as sleep, the medical machine moves at such a slow pace. Usually people don't go into a sleep study until they are desperate, then it takes about a month to do anything? That makes me sad. I hope they surprise you with things going faster than expected.

Eventmom: I don't know when the bridge from covid to long term covid is! I do know that when I had it, it took me about 2 1/2 weeks to feel better, but at least a month or more to feel 100%. It just hangs on. I'm sure there's a timeline for when it is considered long term. I'm glad you don't think you have that!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-22, 02:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yoga last night; this am a coach kel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU6onNYeqBQ
then I rode, then I did a 10 min resistance stretch.

I'm still tired. We had to get some things done outside - not hard but when I finally got in I was pretty tired.

buzzer - I'm at 28 days so not long covid, it's many months not sure how many either. but I'm not 100%. and I don't have the energy for normal workouts, or getting things ones. Congrats to LB, it's great she can enjoy horses in a solid program with other kids.

hi ebianco!
Old 08-29-22, 06:44 AM  
Buzzer

Les Mills Pump: Pump and Burn... DONE!
JNL Fusion upper body just the biceps, shoulders & triceps... DONE!

Pump and burn was good. It was short and incomplete though. The only bis/delts/tris move they did was clean and presses, and quite honestly, for a Pump workout which does one muscle group for 5 minutes, they did only like 10 total clean and presses. So although my legs were tired (but. not unbearably so) from the squats, and my back and chest tired from their sets, I didn't feel like I got an arm workout at all. I thought about just calling it a day, but decided instead to add on the missing muscle groups from theJNL workout.

Pump and Burn was only 30 minutes, and the bis/tris/delt part of JNL was about 20. So it ended up being a good mix! I haven't done JNL in YEARS, so it was good. I have been eyeing the set again, but remembering it was high in cardio and also that I was doing this set when I put on a quick 30 pounds. I don't think it was JNL's fault, however I associate her with it!

So the reps were about 20 reps for JNL, and then you do cardio for 30 seconds between each set. So basically an active rest, high rep workout. Not as high rep as Les Mills, but still high rep. It worked well with the Pump workout. I didn't do the high cardio they were doing, and quite honestly, JNL seems like a party where they happen to be working out. Lots of back slapping, showboating, and whooping. It's a good workout, but I can see how that would get old! Plus her makeup. She has on a lot of makeup for working out! She is beautiful though. They all are.

This morning my arms are comfortably sore and tired!

I liked the Les Mills workout, however I do not like the incompleteness of it. They also did abs, which weren't that good. It was quick and once I started feeling the reps, they rested and did something else. So it wasn't a great ab segment, and I think they could have used the time better by adding more upper body work.

Today I am going to try the Pump Step workout, or I might do the KCM cardio I love so much. I think I forgot to check in with that workout the other day, however I did that cardio and loved it again! It's just basic and fun.

Yesterday was another party day. We went to church, then LB and I went to a splash pad party. It was a blast! We were there until 5pm when the splash pad closed. We were both POOPED at the end. She from playing, me from socializing. Other people wear me out. Sadly, I am around people pretty much 24/7, mostly the littlest person I know. I love it, however it wears me out and mentally makes me scream.

Today we have nothing planned, so I am taking this opportunity to do school, violin, clean and hopefully have some down time. I sure need it!

Eventmom: Yeah, I think the longest lasting part of covid for me was being tired. It was good though, because I slept like a champ! It was bad because we would go to karate and I'd be falling asleep sitting there. I felt like I was just always kinda out of it from fatigue. I'm sure Ebianco knows something about that too.

Hi Ebianco!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-29-22, 10:17 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

pilates back from the caribbean aerobics pilates plus dvd

honestly, anyone super peppy does not appeal to me AT ALL right now. Although Jacquelyn can be upbeat her short easy ones she tends to be more subdued. I'm sure this is just my tiredness.

buzzer - tired is pretty much were things are at except I think I have an ear/sinus infection that started with covid. I know my dr won't do anything so I'm just sucking it up. You guys really stay busy!

hi ebianco!
Old 09-01-22, 07:59 AM  
Buzzer

Jari Love Get Ripped just the legs... DONE!
Jari Love Get Ripped just the upper body... DONE!

I did just the legs tracks. I did about Jari's weight, and man, it was way too light! There were just a few tracks for legs, so I added on the abs track too. Usually Jari is 5 minutes per body part, 100 reps... this time, she was maybe 20 reps and a lot of the time was taken up by explanations, form, and stretch. I mean, it's a good workout, I just need to make sure I use heavier weights.

So for the upper boy, which I did yesterday, I used heavier weights than Jari. It was great!!! The chest, of course, was killer. There was more than 20 reps on that one. It was more of a regular Jari chest workout than a Get Ripped chest workout! I did the back and deadlift track doing stiff leg dead lifts and focused on using my back more for the lifts. It was really good. I enjoyed the upper body track a million times more than the lower!

I am loving this rotation. I am free-spiriting it, so instead of doing this workout again because it is in my "rotation", I am moving on to another workout. I picked out, I think an Amy Bento one for next. I might move back to this workout at a later date. I am making good notes for myself for next time! This workout is good for days like I am having now where I am busy, tired, and not recovering from my other workouts well.

Yesterday we had ANOTHER birthday party. We have another one on Saturday. I'm tired!!! We had the hair lady over yesterday morning for our first haircuts in 16 months, then we ran to CC, then went to the birthday party until about 7:30pm. Full day, I was tired. So tired. like, got home from dropping my car off at the mechanics and I just hit the pillow. I was out. Today my car is at the shop, however the only other plans I have are school, karate, and I have to get my license renewed. Oh crap, I just remembered, tonight is westernaires graduation. So, strike that. I have a full afternoon!!! Full day if you include our full school day in that.

Maybe tomorrow I can rest?????

Eventmom: That Pilates back from the Caribbean aerobics workout sounds familiar. I wonder if I have that?? Is that an older workout? I remember a Caribbean pilates....

Hi Ebianco! I hope you are sleeping
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-01-22, 12:31 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday - Amy's beachfitness (youtube) covid recovery barre workout
Wed - Amy's seated barre, rode my horse, did the full 20 min resistance stretch workout
today - Jacquelyn gentle barre + 10 min stretch

buzzer- your social calendar is jammed! So Caribbean aerobics has 3 (maybe more) pilates dvds with 3 practices per dvd. the one I did was from their pilates plus dvd. Still not 100% but inching closer.

hi ebianco!
Old 09-03-22, 11:40 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi All,

Well unfortunately my cyst removal didn't go as planned. After five years of being totally fine, days before I was to have it removed (after a TWO MONTH WAIT for the appointment) it became infected and they said they couldn't remove it. So I'm now on antibiotics that I'm not convinced are working with a really painful cyst and I'm really mad I was so ready to have a week off exercise that I just said F it and took three unplanned rest days, but decided to spend today and tomorrow just doing easy light cardio and stretching, maybe some CS, and next week I should feel rejuvenated (and hopefully my cyst won't hurt as much) to start EPIC Heat. My cyst seems to waver between feeling tolerable and feeling REALLY painful, it was feeling really painful Thursday night, then it was better yesterday, and now it's bad again I'm trying to do the at home remedies like frequent hot compresses. The doctor says the next appointment to get it removed isn't until November At this point I just want the infection to go away.

So today I did Fitprime 6 Day Trainer the "tough cardio and step" premix 1 then the yoga stretch for about a 44 minute workout, and it was great! Tomorrow maybe CS or more of Fitprime, who knows. Then I'll still take my regular rest days and hopefully will be feeling great next Wednesday.

My sleeping issue is okay but it's hard to sleep on my cyst (which is on the right side of my mid-back) and it is among me constantly cranky and angry. So the last few nights, after being patient for years, I've decided I had enough with all the poor quality of sleep with DH and to just sleep in the other bed every night. It's a much smaller bed in a daybed frame but I've gotten used to sleeping in there, and it's better sleep now that I know I won't be interrupted by his coming in and out, getting up, and moving around, and his phone and everything I think he was taken aback that I've taken an abrupt hard line on it and now proposed we try to get new twin mattresses to fit the king frame which will hopefully be better sleep (and keep the old mattress in a spare bedroom which is great as a backup).

I'm sure I don't even need to mention that my eating has been off track too

Apparently today is national movie theatre day and movies are only $3 (down from what can be $15 or closer to $20 in this area nowadays) so DH and I are going to see a double feature. So that will be fun.

Eventmom Super peppy people aren't appealing to me right now either LOL The peppiest I'll go is Gina B, otherwise just not right now.

That Coach Kel workout looks pretty solid!

Buzzer Your Jari and Les Mills workouts sound great! And I haven't pulled JNL out in YEARS but I love her workouts!