Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-22, 11:01 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Finishing up my workout week:

Thursday: Caroline EPIC 3 upper body complexes (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwhm...i4uVpN&index=8) which I really liked a lot. Complexes make the time go fast, music was great, although I was really struggling this time with my heavier weights and really not taking breaks for the full three minute complexes. But I made it!

Thursday night I had my cpap sleep study, I slept better than my original sleep study but still didn't sleep great, not the cpaps fault just sleeping in another place, trying to train myself to sleep on my back for optimal breathing through the cpap, etc. And I worked on Friday so I was just so exhausted, I took an unplanned rest day.

Saturday: Back to it with Firm Volume 6 warm up and cardio then Penny Barnshaw pyramid total body workout (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRCk...ndex=62&t=299s) which was tough and metabolic and went by fast, then stretch for an 80 minute workout!

Sunday: I was tired again but I still did this Gina B Michael Jackson workout (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TODKekkLQ&t=937s) it's tough to say no to Gina even if I am tired she's so sweet and motivating! Then I did Pure Barre Flex 30 workout 1, which was only 30 minutes but surprisingly tough. Although I did make it tougher by using a loop for the table work (REALLY made it tough) and a ball for the standing thigh. And some extra stretching for an overall 48 minute workout.

Today and tomorrow planned rest days!

Eventmom That is an insane story about your cpap experience and swallowing a huge air bubble and needing emergency surgery Wow I've never heard of anything like that happening. But that makes more sense why it's such an ordeal, as I learned, to get a cpap. I thought they would just say "well here's your cpap! we calibrated it for you!" after the study but it is a whole thing. I have to wait to get another appointment with the doctor to go over the cpap results, then the doctor will write a script and send me off to a company that sells them, then thanks to a supply chain shortage I may not even get one for three months. When I do get it, they will come to install it, or else if they have a store in my area they will have me come there and show me how to use it. I was disappointed that I wasn't just handed one at the time, but maybe it's a good thing that they make it such a process and it will be installed.

Buzzer I hope your'e dong well! Sorry about the VF server error
Old 08-22-22, 11:38 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

just continuing the action Jacquelyn yoga program. It's 10 am and pm practices. Each is 15-20 min not counting savashana (sp?) getting in the night one most nights, very consistent with the am.
So I'm still recovering - sometimes fall asleep on the couch in the afternoon!

ebianco - I certainly can understand why you'd want to get the cpap right away but in the long run I think this process is better. You'll try different head set ups and find the best one for you. They set up the machine at the right pressure for you. Even before COVID it still took sometime to get things - certainly a month just for the second head thingy. So I think if it's what you need you're much more likely to have a good result.
Gina B is so motivating! I usually don't like chatter but I don't mind her!

hi buzzer! how's it going?
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 06:43 AM  
Buzzer

Slim and lean, lower body only.. DONE!
Slim and lean, upper body only... DONE!

I'm gonna make this short in case I get the 500 error again. I went up in weights on upper body since last time I felt like I could, so I went up next size up from Jari's weights. It was perfect!

Lower body, I definitely did NOT do 20's again on the squats, and it made the workout so much more doable. I didn't poop out with the first exercise.

LB and I spent yesterday and Sunday painting the kitchen. DH is out of town, he would NEVER approve of us painting, so we waited until he was out of town. It looks AMAZING! Seriously. I think it looks like it should have been these colors all along. We painted a bluish grey on the cabinets, and white countertop. I love it!

So yesterday I didn't workout. I did get a lot of working out in though! We have painted from morning to evening both days. I just have to do a second coat on the upper cabinets today, then we are DONE! LB already put the knobs on the lower cabinets and they look fantastic. I am so excited for how it all looks!

I also want to spray paint our closet doors before DH gets home on Friday, because the gold wood with the new white and beige I have been changing over to in there doesn't work. Again, DH is against painting wood, so I am going to do it while he's not here so when he comes home he will love it. He won't have to try to talk me out of it.

I forgot how much I love slim and lean! I looked up Les Mils Body Pump, and ended up getting the full 10 discs off eBay for a really, really, REALLY good price. I figure I'll add that to my already large lifting rotation. I have all my KCM's, some Cathe's, and I added in the rest of the Jari's to the rotation. Oh, and of course the Firms that are upper only and lower only. I kinda like the rotation like this, not a "you must do this!" rotation, more of a "OK, I don't want to do this workout again, what's next in my row of DVD's?" I have all of them sitting in a row in front of the mirror in my workout room. All ready to go. I am loving this so far!

I keep checking, and so far no 500 error! I might be OK!

So today is second coat, getting rid of stuff we don't need, and putting things back in the kitchen where they will belong. I am going to try to put less on the counter tops than we had, and LB wants me to keep the open area under the peninsula, which I think I agree with. I don't know how we ended up with so much out in the kitchen. Busy days, and tomorrow we kinda lose because CC starts, Violin group starts, and she has a karate testing! So busy day tomorrow!

I will probably lift again today, since I won't be doing near as much painting today as I did the last 2 days. I think it's leg day. Blah, my least favorite! I like that I can get it done in 1/2 hour though!

Ebianco: I didn't realize how much you have to go through to get a CPAP. Interesting. I have a friend who is self pay, and they just told the Doctor "just skip right to the CPAP" and since they are self pay, the insurance company isn't dictating the care, they got it right off the bat. So it's interesting to hear what you have to go through for it! I hope it helps you though, and you can use Eventmom's experience and not duplicate it! That's scary. Not something I would have ever thought of.

Our house is totally torn apart! Between LB's room empty and now the kitchen, it feels like we are half moved out. which we are, since that's half of our rooms! I am going to work on spiffing up the kitchen today, and hopefully getting some of this stuff out of our living room!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 10:21 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

day 10 of 10 of the yoga program. I also did the restorative practice last night. The workouts are going ok but doing down dog with covid is kind of sucky.

buzzer - Wow! You two are really going at it but it sounds like it will be amazing when you are done.

hi ebianco!
Old 08-24-22, 06:44 AM  
Buzzer

Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped Workout 1.. DONE!

I loved this. I did it for a leg workout, so I really focused on my legs, and left the arm parts out. I held 10 pound weights for teh whole thing, and it was AMAZING! What a workout! I don't think I would have had the energy to add the in the arms! I would have taken some focus off the legs and probably had sloppy form, so for a leg workout this was killer. I didn't even notice I didn't do the arms. Every arm move was attached to a leg move anyhow, so it didn't disrupt the flow of the workout at all! I loved loved loved it!

Today I have to take Eugene to the vet, he has two places of those darn weeds that burrow in. One of them has started to swell. I hope they can lance them rather than put him through surgery. I am so angry. I have spent so much time in the yard mowing and weed whacking, I really thought he wouldn't get them this year! I don't know if I am more mad at the weeds or myself... although I don't know what more I could have done to prevent them. Our yard is mowed flat down, the weeds are gone, and he still got them. All I can think of is getting them from our walks

So I may do workout 2 as an upper body workout, this one might take more creativity. Although there is more arm work in wo2, there are also some parts that are legs only that I will have to figure out what I want to do there. Probably do the work but make it aerobic (so stepping back and forth instead of lunges, side to side instead of side squats... stuff like that). Today LB starts CC, plus her first violin group of the "year", PLUS she has a black stripe testing tonight at karate she has to go to. So quiet morning, I just take the dog to the vet, then lots of stuff going on afterwards!

I don't know if you guys have an Alamo Drafthouse in your area, but it's a movie place where you can order dinner while you watch the movie. So LB and I went to a kids camp movie (which I used to take her to years and years ago... like when she was 2 or 3) yesterday. It was $5 to get in, and we split a hamburger that I think was the best burger I've ever had. We were both wishing we hadn't split! We ordered some pickle fries too, since LB is apparently growing and eating everything in sight, and they were amazing also! It was such good food. I was surprised! We saw "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2" and it was hilarious. So overall, we had a great time. I happened to be looking up Monty Python's Holy Grail for some reason, and saw Alamo is showing that in September. So I got us tickets to that, then got LB and I tickets to the kids camp movie. Monty Python was more expensive, but that'll be worth it too!!

After all, we are studying midivil history this year, so it fits right in

Eventmom: So do you still have covid, or just the after effects? I know I felt like crap for a few weeks, and still had effects for a month or two after that. I don't remember how long ago you had covid though. My days run together anymore! I hope you are feeling mostly better and it's just a lingering nagging after effect.

Hi Ebianco!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-24-22, 09:59 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Caribbean aerobics pilates - just needed a break from the jacquelyn workouts.

buzzer - I guess I don't know the difference between having covid and the after effects. I'm 2+ weeks out so I'm not contagious but I'm not fully recovered either. I'm improving but I'm behind on work & personal things and have to teach for 3+ hours tomorrow so I'm pretty frustrated (and not used to being sick for very long so blech). No alamo draft here in OK. I hope the vet appt for Eugene goes well, poor baby!

hi ebianco!
Old 08-24-22, 04:25 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week today with Caroline EPIC Heat upper body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-by...i4uVpN&index=9) that had pushups as the staple and it hit the biceps/triceps harder than some of her other workouts. I liked it! With warm up and stretch it was a 53 minute workout.

Edited for Thursday: Today was Caroline EPIC Heat Lower body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEc...4uVpN&index=10). I must have done this at least once before but I don't really remember it. It is a lot of deadlifts and heel elevated squats and I really felt it today. I'm also kind of dragging today so that didn't help.

Eventmom and Buzzer Yes it is very interesting navigating through the cpap experience. My most recent update is my follow up with the doctor is scheduled for Friday afternoon. So we will go from there! I am still thinking about eventmom's experience and buzzer that is interesting about your friend with self pay.

In my effort to fight my fatigue I decided to start drinking matcha tea, ordered some online and started it today. It's a japanese powdered green tea that has a good amount of caffeine in it, it's supposed to be a slower burn caffeine than coffee/tea that doesn't hit you as hard and lasts for 3-4 hours. I have to say, I've been pretty peppy all afternoon! I made it as a latte with almond milk (and I added wheat grass powder too because why not) and it's not bad tasting! I got on this topic because when I was recently in Portland, I went to a Japanese garden and I had a matcha tea at the teahouse, and was surprised how not bad tasting it was (it is definitely not delicious but it's not bad for something green and not sweet tasting and supposedly a superfood), and it made me look into it more. Maybe it will help with my fatigue until my cpap is figured out! Hopefully it won't effect my sleep negatively either, I'll find out!

Buzzer We have an Alamo Drafthouse and it is interesting because my DH and I really enjoyed it pre-COVID, they had a fairly large menu (considering), like I could would get a kale caesar salad and it was pretty tasty, DH would get a philly sub I think. When ours opened back up after COVID, it was a very limited menu that is like popcorn, burger, maybe 1 or 2 pizza choices, and candy (and drinks) and that's it. And at our location the burger/fries aren't great at all, so we pretty much stopped going! And it isn't any cheaper than the regular theatre, but we are only seeing new movies so probably older ones are cheaper. I'm glad your location sounds much better! I have seen the cloudy with a chance of meatball original movie and it was great, not surprised the sequel was also good!

You seem to have a knack for finding great deals on eBay, congratulations on your Les Mills set!! I've always eyed Les Mills but never purchased. I definitely want to know how you would like them! I think I would really like them because presumably they are synched to the music.
Old 08-25-22, 11:14 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

an evening yoga practice - after which I slept like 4.5 hours which is terrible - then this am an easy yoga.

ebianco - I hope you get a good plan to help with your sleep.

hi buzzer!
Old 08-25-22, 03:56 PM  
Buzzer

Jari Love Extremely ripped WO 2... DONE!

I did this workout as an arms workout. For the legs, I did the same move but instead of, for example, a squat side to side, I did a grapevine side to side. I did all the movements for teh upper body though. Not a great workout, since she only does one 5 minute set per body part, however it was good. I used 10's and 5's, then for pushups instead of pushups I did chest presses with 15's. It was a good workout! Fast, but good.

I never felt any soreness in my lower body! Which is weird for as hard as I worked it! I did feel a general soreness in my whole body today, so since I was up in the middle of the night for about 2 hours and I slept in until about 6:30, I skipped my workout. Tomorrow I am going to do a Les Mills Pump.. it came in the mail yesterday!

Ebianco: I do seem to have a knack for finding cheap workouts! I will do a keyword search, and find the normal ones. Then for some reason, on the "suggestions" at the bottom occasionally, I will get a suggestion for a super cheap set that didn't come up on the original search. I was looking at a 7 disc set of Pump for $45, and this one came up in the "suggestions." 10 discs for $40!! Since the extra discs are going for about $75-100 for just the extras, I jumped on $40 for all 10. That's less than we spend on dinner going out to eat anymore!!

I was doing matcha tea for a while! I bought a whole crap ton off amazon after I tried it (I think I got my original matcha at TJ Maxx). I drank it a ton every morning with my Amazing Grass. I eventually went away from it (probably when I ran out) and didn't notice a difference one way or the other. I don't know if it was doing something good internally, I just never noticed anything. I hope it helps you!

Our Alamo has the full menu! It's like a 3 page menu. Well, I should say, the Alamo that we went to, because there are THREE in our area! One that we would go to that is closer, the one we went to for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a little further away, but has the good menu. I'll have to see if the one closer to us has a good menu too when we go in September! Otherwise we will just go to the one we just went to. I can't go without getting that good hamburger for sure!

Eventmom: I had a friend with long term covid that lasted for 6 months. He had had blood clots during covid though, so he had a super long recovery. Another friend lost almost all her hair in the months after, and it is slowly coming back. Crazy effects! I hope you made it through your day OK!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-26-22, 09:42 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

Well my legs have super DOMS from my workout yesterday and I decided to just do a yoga workout, I subscribe to Kaylie Daniels youtube channel but have never done her workouts LOL, she has yoga and pilates type stuff. I tried her today and I really liked it! (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkKV5udQxA&t=1991s). I played some relaxing music in the background and it was good, lots of lower body stretching which is what I wanted. And I added my own upper body stretches throughout. And walking on the treadmill to get my steps in for about 45 minutes.

I am planning for total body workout tomorrow and barre on Sunday.

Eventmom and Buzzer I guess the new curse is we are all having bad sleep?? I get so wound up during the day (yesterday I was angry about work stuff) and then I am wired when I try to sleep, I sleep okay but not deeply even with a sleep aid, then am fatigued when I get up. My DH and I seem to wake each other up a lot lately, he moves around a lot which disrupts my sleep and he says I am making a lot of noise in my sleep, like dream sounds I guess, which keeps him up, so thank goodness we have a backup smaller bed in a spare bedroom that sometimes one of us just goes into at night. Neither of us are very happy with this arrangement but what can you do. I was too busy to even do the matcha yesterday so maybe I'll do it today and see how it feels. And this afternoon I have my cpap follow up appointment.

Eventmom I really hope you feel back up to normal soon!!

Buzzer Wow that is a terrific find and good to know about checking out the 'recommended' listings!

That is interesting about your experience with the matcha. I'll have to see if it keeps making me feel more energetic or if it was just a coincidence yesterday. It is supposed to be a superfood much like the grass but to your point, if you don't feel any different after regular usage, when not sure what to think