Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-19, 03:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cathe LITE Stacked Sets double it premixes

Last week I decided to do Cathe's LITE Stacked Sets Upper double-it premix (the entire upper body workout run through twice, basically) and was fried by the end! I was able to go heavier in a few places but not all, nor would I want to in some spots. She really just keeps it moving, moving, moving, and I love this premix!

Today I decided to do the same with her lower body stacked sets, doing the double-it premix (running through the entire lower body routine twice) and oh, my, WHAT an incredible workout! I was drenched in sweat by the end! If I were doing just the normal routine once through, I would have gone heavier than Cathe but for this, I decided to use the same weights they used, given how many dang reps there are.

Even with the lighter weights, this premix makes for a killer workout for lower body, and given the metabolic component (I was really breathing the whole time), it's also a great cardio workout without ONE iota of impact. I'm in love!

I so appreciate Cathe and her premixes! Just had to say so.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-19, 08:20 PM  
bubbles76

I don't think I experimented with any of her premixes. Sometimes Cathe's premixes can get long. I do like the LITE set though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-19, 07:27 AM  
manleym

Thanks for the heads up about the premixes!

I love the premixes from LITE. I've done Rev'd Up Rumble Scrambled premix where you do the warm-up, calorie crush, main workout, calorie crush again, then the cool down. It was a great workout! All around an hour.

I also use the Metabolic Blast scrambled premix that does 2 rounds of the standing work, then the floor work. Another great workout around an hour.

I like the premixes alot and this is how I will use LITE most often. It's nice how flexible they are - if you need a light day or are short on time you can do the main workout. If you want a longer or harder workout, then there are some great premixes that are tough.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-19, 09:37 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I have to checkout the scrambled premixes. They sound like fun! As long as it's under 1 hour...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-19, 10:49 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks for the heads up about the premixes!

I love the premixes from LITE. I've done Rev'd Up Rumble Scrambled premix where you do the warm-up, calorie crush, main workout, calorie crush again, then the cool down. It was a great workout! All around an hour.

I also use the Metabolic Blast scrambled premix that does 2 rounds of the standing work, then the floor work. Another great workout around an hour.

I like the premixes alot and this is how I will use LITE most often. It's nice how flexible they are - if you need a light day or are short on time you can do the main workout. If you want a longer or harder workout, then there are some great premixes that are tough.
Oooohhhhh, I'll have to try these!! Thank you!

Yeah, this is what I'm loving about LITE most because with the main workouts all being shorter, it seems like the premixes give you sooooo many more options. I like my workouts around an hour too, so even with doing these double-it premixes, the workouts still weren't all that much over an hour total!
Old 05-27-19, 04:40 PM  
cecififi

thanks for this reminder. I did the main program this morning (not double) and it was fun. Light weights but wow my upper body is sore this morning. Love Cathe.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-19, 05:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
thanks for this reminder. I did the main program this morning (not double) and it was fun. Light weights but wow my upper body is sore this morning. Love Cathe.
I'm SUPER sore from the lower body workout today.
Old 05-28-19, 09:35 AM  
wlorrie

I had forgotten about these workouts! Thanks for the reminder. I did both upper body and lower body workouts this morning (the as is version) plus the bonus abs 2. I agree, these are great and more high intermediate /advance! I think doing the double premix would slay me!
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 11:14 PM  
hypnomoon

Quote:
Sometimes Cathe's premixes can get long.
Man, you aren't kidding!! I've noticed in the last 2 sets that she's released that there are gawd awful long workouts!!!

Sorry to say that I don't want to workout that long anymore.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, lite, lite reviews