Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-05, 04:59 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

BodyWisdom Media Pilates for Inflexible People

Well, I'm thankful that I rented this from my library instead of buying it. It certainly isn't a bad dvd, it has good instruction, variety, etc. But it is kind of misleading.

The dvd appears to be about half yoga and half pilates. Not a bad thing, but this is not indicated anywhere, not the case, not the description, not the web site.

The pilates and yoga are beginner to int and are well described, cued but they are slow and quite modified. There was basic pilates and beginner pilates but nothing more than that. In contrast Y4IP had a much wider range of routines. Even the 20 minute mat series was extremely modified with no instruciton on how to increase the intensity.

There is nothing for the upper body, and certainly nothing that will increase flexibility through the back or shoulders, my biggest trouble spots.

I was fine with the instructor, her instruction and her form. It is voice over, and done in what appears to be in the living room or foyer of a mansion of some sort. Fancy paneling behind, kind of like BWM's Yoga for Weight Loss.

This dvd has an audience, too bad it's not really indicated. It's for beginners and will probably work well with people who are extremely unflexible, and I mean the can't touch your toes inflexible. Only the yoga appears to have the goal of increasing flexibility, the pilates is just modified. So you do pilates for the core strengthening and the yoga for increasing flexibility, but no shoulder openers at all.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote