I will post my list over the weekend.

I have tagged the thread "2018 holiday wish"

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 06:30 AM  
sherry7899

This is my tenth year partpcipating.

Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa.

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.
I have been married for twenty five years to a real sweetie, and we have a wonderful nineteen year old son, and three black cats who we treat like additional children.

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are, non-complicated dance, kickboxing, yoga (including kundalini, hatha, and yin and restorative, and anything to help with low back/neck and hip opening). I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music. I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio. I love anything “woo woo” and hippy dippy (have them all, but workouts like Misty Tripoli, Soul Sweat, Yoga Booty Ballet, NIA, Bellyfit, etc)

I am mainly looking for older dance dvds, which should be easy to find on Amazon very cheaply.
Wow, this is the first time I do not have any yoga dvds on my wishlist, thanks to you tube!

DVD Wish List: ( I am fine with gently used dvds)

-Zumba 101 (cheap at Walmart or Amazon)

-Crunch Fitness Dance Mix-compilation of four Crunch Dance workouts (Amazon)

-Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout For Beginners: Cardio Hula / Hula Abs & Buns Set-Kili

-Hemalayaa Bollywood Booty

-Hemalayaa : The Bollywood Dance workout

-Groove 3 "Dance sweat Live"
https://www.groov3.com/shop/dvds/dan...ve-workout-dvd

-Red Hot Dance Fitness Christine Gallagher

-Altheatized Smooth Grooves: http://www.aymfitness.com/shop/

-Altheatized Funky Dance Aerobics: http://www.aymfitness.com/shop/

- Shaun T CIZE Weight Loss workokuts ( I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheap somewhere. I was fortunate to find the original set for $3.00 new!

-shaun T Hip Hop Abs Ultimate Results (I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheaply

I am a total bookworm and music geek-my Amazon wish list is here-

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/4H30TJ8P0NBT

-I love psychological suspense, and British/Irish authors
-anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy!
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, turquoise, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
-anything to do with Breaking Bad, (I have Bryan Cranston’s biography already!) Better Call Saul or Gilmore Girls, or British tv (surprise me! I love British comedies and psychological suspense)
- cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia
-anything yoga and meditation related-surprise me !
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue or black (size 10 feet) My feet are always cold!
-bookmarks
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-I love to bake and cook, so if you want to share any favorite recipes (don’t really eat beef) especially for soup/stews/smoothies/healthy or unhealthy treats, I would appreciate it. I mean to share recipes, not to buy cookbooks. I am also obsessed with using my Instant Pot, so if you have found any great free recipes, please share! I also love kitchen gadgets , like cute cupcake liners, or silicone spatulas in bright colors with sayings about baking , or plain ones.

Beauty products:
-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand-nothing expensive)
-I have really gotten into buying different lip colors. I love colored lip gloss/lipsticks in shades from deep pink to rose, wine, burgundy, and red with cool undertones. I can also use clear lip gloss. Flavored lip gloss in vanilla/birthday cake similar to the discontinued ones by philosophy brand are also appreciated, or fruit flavors. Cheap brands are welcome! (NYX, LA Look, Wet n Wild, etc).
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut. No lavender scents, please (causes headaches)
-Shower gel or lotion in any scents listed below, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar
-Body butter from Trader Joe’s in coconut, pumpkin or pomegranate, or body butter from anywhere!
-heavy duty hand cream-my hands get SO dry in the winter. I love "Working Hands" brand
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise, or soft cloth wideheadbands
-curly hair styling products or deep conditioner
-I wear fragrance oils as perfume, and love the scents of lilac, jasmine, gardenia,Ylang ylang, violet, pumpkin, coconut, vanilla, sweet pea,lily, honeysuckle (no lavender please-it gives me headaches)
(the brand P & J is great and is availble on Amazon and it is inexpensive-
-if you happen to be an ALDI shopper, I regularly use their Lacura gentle face cleanser. It is very inexpensive I have not tried their day or night face cream, but I would like to
-if not, I love Burt's Bees facial wash for sensitive skin.

I adore chocolate, (especially dark chocolate, chocolate with peanut butter, like Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, or chocolate with peppermint or mint) and dark chocolate covered pretzels or peanuts. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. I LOVE peppeprmint bark.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following:

-candles (we have very curious cats )
-holiday decorations and ornaments –we are fully stocked!
-coffee/tea/hot chocolate-we have plenty
-lip balms (ones that are not tinted) I have plenty already
-cookbooks-too expensive, and I have a large collection
-mugs-we have no more space due to my huge collection of Snoopy mugs

Old 11-03-18, 06:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Sherry - I'm looking forward to it after all the fun I had last year.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 07:31 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you Sherry - I'm looking forward to it after all the fun I had last year.
I love doing this. I hope the wish lists start being posted soon. I love very detailed lists. They are very helpful.

Old 11-03-18, 01:43 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

First off, thank you to Sherry7899 for emailing me personally to remind me of the deadline. She knows I’m not online much anymore but have always loved doing the gift exchange. I couldn’t even tell you how many years I’ve participated but I know it has to be a decade or so.

Dear Secret Santa,

I’m sorry that digging around and finding info on me is tough. I am a letter carrier for the post office now and am so rarely online. If you need some help, there is a group of VFers I’ve stayed close with for years and they all know me pretty well including lesliem, cherimac, and Erica H.

My wish list is pretty open. I like Barre, pilates, PiYo, Yoga, strength, walking, etc. Used DVDs are great!!!

Barre3 has a sale going on right now…all of their dvds are $3. I don’t have any of them and would love to try them, so except for the prenatal workout, any of the Barre3 dvds would be wonderful.
Barre3 Ballet Fit
Barre3 Boot Camp
Barre3 Studio Shape with Sadie Lincoln
Barre3 Burner with Sadie Lincoln
Barre3 Standing Slim with Sadie Lincoln

Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hiits Party Songs digital/purple player/walk TV. (I have the dvd but like the convenience of using my roku)
Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hiits Radio Remixes digital (again, I have the dvd but love the digital format)

Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 minutes to Fitness Step Boxing 2 (I just love KCM)
Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 minutes to Fitness Step Boxing 1

Classical stretch Pain Relief Workouts

Eccentrics - I've not tried any so I'm open to suggestions

Other Stuff I enjoy and/or need:

Gloves. You know those $1-$2 per pair little knit gloves at Walmart? I go through loads of them carrying mail.
Wonder Woman, penguins, princess stuff.
Anything homemade. Do you knit, crochet, make cards, etc? I Love handmade stuff.
Coffee and coffee stuff. (those cheap reusable Starbucks cups, crocheted cup cozies, etc.)
Dark Chocolate
Sugar free treats
mint chocolate chip loose leaf tea.
USPS themed things.
Ebooks and audiobooks. My faves are detective stories.
Word search puzzle books.
Hair ties- I have long hair that gets in my face.

Do not break the bank or feel you have to spend too much, please.

Thanks so much Santa!

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-18, 02:38 PM  
desertMermaid

Dearest Santa,

Thanks in advance for being my Santa!

I don’t really have anything major on my wish list this year, I’m grateful for what I get.

I have a lot of DVDs; my favorite workouts this year have been Simon De La Rue, Ballet Beautiful, Sleek Technique, Hilliard Studio Method, and PVolve. I also like short but intense “get it done” workouts. I love flowy, dancey workouts . I prefer workouts with minimal equipment (hand weights, bands, etc) that are not space hogs. I love Anything with a good stretch or challenging floor work. I have creaky knees these days so am trying to be kind to them. Nothing with too much impact.

I love to be outdoors, I enjoy hiking, biking, camping, photography. I’d like to get better at drawing and painting but I don’t have that gene unfortunately. DH and I are learning how to skate board, and snow board. I’ve also been relearning how to roller skate. We have been doing tent camping lately but have a goal of restoring an old VW split screen bus. (*) I love anything with a split screen bus theme. I want to visit all the national parks. I’m no where near meeting that goal.

I enjoy cooking and baking. We are what I call part-time vegetarians. We sometimes go weeks without meat and at most eat meat or chicken couple times a week, I don’t do tofu though. I love a good recipe book. I love dessert too!
(*) Very interested in this cheesecake cookbook https://www.amazon.com/dp/0778806189...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I wouldn’t mind a cute apron or something cooking/baking themed.
I love coffee and tea but I’m pretty stocked up right now. I love chocolate. Dark is my favorite but I enjoy milk and even white sometimes.

What else can I say? I like to play tennis. I am trying to learn piano... it is slow going. I’m also trying to learn to sew, but haven’t dedicated much time lately.
(*) I could do with a wrist pin cushion or something sewing themed.

I love traveling and seeing new places. I love art and architecture. I love finding a rock to sit on in the outdoors and relax until the animals forget I’m there. I call them sitting rocks. I love to find a new place to hang my hammock. (*) Oh I could use help with organizing. I’m lacking in that area... I have a small purse yet can never find anything in it! Lol

As you can see I have a lot of interests. I hope this helps you learn about me.

(*) DVD wise I don’t have specific wishes, if you are clearing out a collection, feel free to send something my way, I buy used stuff all the time. I love recycling!!
***Note added more DVD ideas to the bottom of this post***

(*)Some items that have recently caught my attention (don’t feel obligated to get me one of these. In fact if I don’t get a DVD I don’t mind. I have an open wishlist and I’ll be happy with anything you get me. I list these because in the past Santa has asked I be more specific DVD wise).
Tango flex
Aero Barre Michael Olajide Aerospace NYC DVD Aerobarre
Aeropower Round One Upper Body DVD - Michael Olajide Jr
Exhale core fusion, I have the first 3 (can’t remember the names right now)
New Callanetics (I’ve only tried the am/pm one)
Essentrics/classical stretch - I’ve been out of the loop with these for a few years now
Margaret Richard - her older stuff
Grace Lazenby - I love rockin models

Please don’t over spend! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank you again Santa!

11/9 Updated to add more dvd ideas
Stretch DVDs by Annette Fletcher (any)
Jessica smith total stretch or feel good fusion
Ellen Barrett Live: Peace, Love & Cardio (Or her 7 day program)

Not a fitness DVD but I’m interested in the film mountain with Willem Dafoe
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-18, 06:05 AM  
sherry7899

Bumping

Old 11-04-18, 03:48 PM  
sherry7899

If anyone asks for socks, please list your shoe size.

Old 11-04-18, 07:04 PM  
ots

To my secret santa –

Thanks for being you! And anything is appreciated – used or new. I hope this gives you enough information that you can have fun participating in the exchange. The length of this list is to give you some choices.

DVDs

Ellen Barrett - Peace, love & cardio and Stretch sculpt
Suzanne Bowen – Barre Amped Cardio Fat Burn; Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch
Barre3 – anything but prenatal
Lauren Brooks' Revelation
KCM - Body design, Stepboxing2
Amy Dixon - Raise some bell
Travis Eliot - Yoga Foundations, Short & sweet
Cathe – Rock’m sock’m kickbox
Patrick Goudeau - Turn Up Slim Down, BeFit in 90, Hardwork conditioning 2, BodyWeight Blast
Jill Miller –On demand pain relief, Treat while you train self care
Ilaria – Bodystrike V.3
Leah Sarago – Ballet body Total body
Janet Stone – Ananda Vinyasa Bliss in Motion
Pure Barre - Mile High 1 & 2, Studio Series 1,2,3,4
Michelle Dozois – Bodyfit360 Energize Volume 4
Lawrence Biscontini – instant downloads --- Yo-step, mind-body bento, or shake your Buddha

General Stuff

I live with my husband and two mutts. I’m walking/biking everywhere - even biking to work in the winter. And, I teach yoga and body pump.

I am not crafty but appreciate others that are – so, if you are, I would love anything that is homemade.

As far as food is concerned, I’m not allergic to anything - I love coconut and dark chocolate – milk chocolate too – and nuts.

An ornament to remember this year’s exchange is always appreciated! Sunscreen and lip balm are always appreciated. Other things that I never get enough of: fuzzy socks, black tea (not flavored) and toffee (love toffee – chocolate covered!).

I wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season!!!

Anne
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 07:38 AM  
Rhonda

Dear Secret Santa,

Here is my wishlist and used DVDs are fine. I have been doing this for several years now.

Non-DVD items:
Wolf or Cats (Lion/Tigers) Wall Calendar
Ankle Socks - Size 8 shoe (I love the ones with arch support)
Burts Bee Peppermint lip balm
Tea (Steep green tea w/Promegranate)
Candy (Caramels; mints; dark chocolate) - please nothing salted
Gift Cards - Amazon; TotalFitness
Candles (vanilla; cinnamon)
Jigsaw Puzzles (I do these when the weather isn't great, I love animals and
scenic ones, not sure if they make fitness ones but those would be fun)

DVDS:
Fit & Bendy - Bendy Body - A Flex Stability Workout
KCM New StepBox
KCM New Sculpt RX
Jari Love Get Ripped Express (2-30 minute workouts)
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 #3
Jari Love Get Ripped in 6 Minutes
Foam Rolling DVD (if one exists, broken out by body part - I have the flexible
warrior with Karen Dubs and love how it is broken out - just not sure if
something else exists)

Please check back I may add more just for variety purpose
Thank you Secret Santa.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018 holiday wish, holiday gift exchange