Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-14, 10:46 AM  
SuzieC

Warning: Terrible ordering process for Figure8 Fitness / Body FX

Hi all,
Well, I just about had the worst ordering experience with Body FX / Figure8 Fitness. I think it will be a while until I order anything new, because this transaction did not go well. There are so many things wrong with it I don't know where to start. Body FX refuses to make things right so the best I can do is warn others.

First off, if you want to order Figure 8 Fitness, the shipping charge is not advertised ANYWHERE. I emailed them, and found out shipping was 29.95$ so I was aware of this. Still, they should advertise their shipping since it is NO WHERE in the ordering process. Not even when you finalize the order.

I went through the ordering, and let me warn you, you will be asked if you want to add additional items for the deluxe version, but beware, you will not be given an order total before your order goes though. You enter your credit card number in the first step, when you add the Basic package to the cart. After that, you are not given any chance to confirm the order with total cost listed.

I added the basic package (3 payments of 19.95 = 59.85$ total)
Then you are asked if you want to add the deluxe DVDs for an additional 15$ - I chose this.
Then you are asked if you want to pay in one payment and you get a free abs DVD. I chose this.

So, the charge should have been 59.85 (basic) + 15 (additional DVDs) + 29.95 (shipping) = 104.80$

Well, as soon as you press ok on the third option (for one payment + abs DVD), the order goes through - No option to see your total cost before the payment goes through.

Well, they charged me 259.60$. I don't know how that number came up, as I certainly didn't chose to order twice or anything like that (you can't even choose to add the package twice to your cart, as far as I can tell).

I tried calling them numerous times (good luck with calling them, there is no way they ever answer - you have to leave them a message. I left a message they never called back.

I emailed and they finally replied. They reimbursed part of the order, but insisted that the cost of the package was 30$ more than what was advertised. So I was charged 134.80$. They did not explain how 59.85 (basic) + 15 (additional DVDs) + 29.95 (shipping) = 134.80$, and they refuse to make this right. I found the tone of their response downright rude.

So, order from them at your own risk. This is by far the most shady online ordering EVER and if you want this program, I really suggest you get it off ebay or in a trade.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:55 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Contact the BBB. I actually found they were helpful in another internet purchase I made where they did not honor a price that was listed and proceeded to charge me more then my invoice stated.

Your experience sounds crazy!
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:58 AM  
bearcatfan

Or you can dispute it with your credit card company. That is definitely not right.
Old 07-07-14, 11:11 AM  
Pam

Also post your story on Facebook and Twitter, to warn others. Both my DDs have done this in similar situations and the companies involved immediately corrected the situation.
Old 07-07-14, 11:30 AM  
txfitmom

That is horrible and I was thinking of ordering that set. Thanks for giving us a heads up. I guess I will have to buy it off ebay or trade for it.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 03:34 PM  
Eibhinn

How annoying! Sorry you had to deal with this. I've had a similar, although way less sketchy, experience of a company (Acacia) charging more than was stated, and they absolutely refused to fix it before I involved a third party. I would definitely dispute the charges on your credit card, contact the Better Business Bureau, and continue to spread the word so they aren't able to scam anyone else. It's hard to say whether this is fraud or incompetence, but I try to avoid both.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 03:47 PM  
muffins135

I wonder if the extra $30 is for shipping to Canada? Still doesn't explain the charge of $259.60
I ope you can get this sorted out. I also suggest posting this on their FB page.
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 03:52 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
I wonder if the extra $30 is for shipping to Canada? Still doesn't explain the charge of $259.60
I ope you can get this sorted out. I also suggest posting this on their FB page.
The 30$ is over and above the 29.95$ shipping I paid. Unless they charged an extra 30$ to ship the extra 4 DVDs in the same package, which really doesn't make sense. It doesn't cost 60$ to ship something like 12 DVDs.
I'm afraid to post this anywhere else because I don't want them to sue me or something. Also, BBB isn't available in Quebec it seems. I just hope posting it here saves a couple of people from the same troubles. Lesson learned, if it looks shady (ie, no shipping rates specified, input credit card number up front, etc),then it probably is...
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 04:01 PM  
muffins135

Some companies do charge more than their already expensive shipping to ship to Canada
Also if i order two sets from Beachbody my shipping charge jumps significantly. I just put the basic Brazil Butt Lift set from Beachbody in my cart and shipping is $29.95. If I add the upgrade set my shipping jumps to $47.95 I'm also in Canada.
At least I can see that before I order though unlike your situation
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 04:24 PM  
pcdoctor01

BodyFX also sells JNL. Wow!
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 8 fitness, jaana kunitz