Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-14, 11:13 AM  
SabrinaD

Horizontal conditioning: I need your help!

Hi everyone,

I know that I am 2 years behind in the HC craze, but I would like to purchase some of the workouts and need your help!

I am for sure buying bootcamp and would like to buy only 1 volume for now. I read up on all the HC threads, so I know that volume 1 uses a barbell and volume 4 uses the ball. I'm more interested in finding out about volume 2 and 3 (as I'm probably going to buy one of these 2). After previewing the clips, volume 1 and 4 seem more challenging for my strength so I'm leaning towards the other 2.

For those that own volume 2 and 3, what are you thoughts on them? What are their differences? Which one is your favourite? Any comments will be helpful.... Thanks!

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 11:58 AM  
slysam

2 & 3 use gliding discs in addition to a mat, weights (dumbbells), step. I don't think they use a bar. I have vol 1 and vol 2 and Get Rolling. I found vol 1 easiest in some ways (if I recall), but always felt a little wary of using a bar on top of a step. I don't have a body bar so I would use a barbell, my barbell has padding on it and I think that helped keep it from rolling off the step. But I always felt a need to be cautious with that workout. So I think I prefer vol.2 2 (and maybe 3 if I had it). They are all good workouts though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 12:05 PM  
marmact

Volume 3 is my absolute favorite. I haven't been doing HC regularly in a long time (had a shoulder injury that took it off my schedule), but when I did it, I did Vol 3 and 4 more than any of the others. I think the fun factor is super high in V3. (Also, it might be a tad shorter than 2, so maybe it felt more doable.)

You can sub a felt square or towel for gliders if you're on a smooth surface. (Or you can just buy Cathe's gliders for $20 or so.)
Old 06-25-14, 05:54 PM  
neatski

My favorite is Vol. 4. I loved using the stability ball. It's the longest and most difficult of the four volumes, though.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 06:00 PM  
SabrinaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
My favorite is Vol. 4. I loved using the stability ball. It's the longest and most difficult of the four volumes, though.
That's why I'm a bit scared of it (for now). Using the ball has always been a weakness of mine (to actually stay on it). I'm definitely going to buy volume 4 in the future but feel I need to build up to it first.

Thanks for all the comments so far! I'm going to wait a bit more for comments before I make my decision.

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 08:11 PM  
slysam

Vol 4 sounds fun. I quite like the "Get Rolling" Horizontal Conditioning DVD. It has two short workouts (about 25 minutes I think) using a ball. I like the exercises she used. I was doing this around the same time I was using vol 1 and 2, and didn't find it much easier--just shorter so not quite the same endurance challenge as the longer workouts. The "getting" DVDs don't have a warmup or music though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horizontal conditioning