Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-14, 03:34 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac View Post
I just checked and I also ordered by off of ebay from Freedomroks1978. Let me know if they respond!
They just sent me a Paypal credit.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 04:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
Unfortunately that's not a failsafe method. I've ordered dvd sets from Mary (totalfitnessdvds.com) who we all know & love, & sometimes they have been individually sealed. I suspect various legit & fake dvds come both with & without plastic.
regarding fakes - i think what they mean is that each disc is in a plastic see-through "bag" (i.e., not sealed), which was then separately inserted inside each leaf of a cardboard multi-disc folio.

"legit" sets' discs go "naked" into each of the folio slots.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 04:24 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
regarding fakes - i think what they mean is that each disc is in a plastic see-through "bag" (i.e., not sealed), which was then separately inserted inside each leaf of a cardboard multi-disc folio.

This is exactly what I meant! Thank you for articulating what I could not!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 05:15 PM  
emilybelle

Quote:

My JNL Fusion set was like this that I ordered directly from the BodyFX website.

Rhonda
emilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 05:42 PM  
mle777

Quote:

FWIW, my UY set was packaged like that (I'd gotten it off of Amazon at the $54 price). I ran and looked at the back of my discs and they have the "Ultimate Yogi Disc 1" description on the back (which I think I read above means that they are real).

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 06:44 PM  
Pam

I recently got a set in a VF Trade, and which she got in a VF Trade (and not sure from whom), so the seller is unknown. The DVD are in individual plastic sleeves and are hard to slip in and out of the case, but also say The Ultimate Yogi Disc 1,2,3, etc. on the back of each disk. So don't know whether to think these are bootlegged or not. Anyone else have both the discs noted as The Ultimate Yogi Disc 1,2,3, etc. and in plastic sleeves and hard to use case?

They have played fine for me and also for the VFer I got them from.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 07:45 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I recently got a set in a VF Trade, and which she got in a VF Trade (and not sure from whom), so the seller is unknown. The DVD are in individual plastic sleeves and are hard to slip in and out of the case, but also say The Ultimate Yogi Disc 1,2,3, etc. on the back of each disk. So don't know whether to think these are bootlegged or not. Anyone else have both the discs noted as The Ultimate Yogi Disc 1,2,3, etc. and in plastic sleeves and hard to use case?

They have played fine for me and also for the VFer I got them from.
I'm not sure that mine are bootlegged and I got it from the same seller as the OP. Maybe the Amazon seller had a mix of bootlegged sets and legitimate sets? Mine say Ultimate Yogi Disc 1,2,3 and each one was wrapped in something similar to Saran wrap before being placed in each individual slot of the DVD booklet.

I had trouble with one DVD that would play in my DVD player upstairs but not the one downstairs. However, I had trouble with one of my Tonique DVDs that I got from Mary and had to get exchanged, so who knows.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 08:49 AM  
Becky

LoveVA, did your cardboard multi-disc folio come in a sturdy Ultimate Yogi box or just an open sleeve that slides over the discs? That was probably the biggest thing that stood out to me.

I've since also ordered YW365 from Udaya and it too comes in a sturdy box.

When I first received my DVDs from Amazon they all played well but since I'm doing the 108 days, I use them often. My Cardio disc was the first one to start freezing and then others started skipping as well. Heaven knows when you're in the middle of the roller coaster ride that Cardio is, a freezing disc is the last thing you want.

I sent the old discs back but I remember they had "Ultimate Yogi" written very small in two spots on the back of each DVD. To be exact, my set from Udaya says in all caps "THE ULTIMATE YOGI DVD 1", "THE ULTIMATE YOGI DVD 2" etc. and it's really easy to read.

I really do hope yours are real but if not, I know you can get your money refunded. They even paid for the return shipping label.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 12:43 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
LoveVA, did your cardboard multi-disc folio come in a sturdy Ultimate Yogi box or just an open sleeve that slides over the discs? That was probably the biggest thing that stood out to me.

I've since also ordered YW365 from Udaya and it too comes in a sturdy box.

When I first received my DVDs from Amazon they all played well but since I'm doing the 108 days, I use them often. My Cardio disc was the first one to start freezing and then others started skipping as well. Heaven knows when you're in the middle of the roller coaster ride that Cardio is, a freezing disc is the last thing you want.

I sent the old discs back but I remember they had "Ultimate Yogi" written very small in two spots on the back of each DVD. To be exact, my set from Udaya says in all caps "THE ULTIMATE YOGI DVD 1", "THE ULTIMATE YOGI DVD 2" etc. and it's really easy to read.

I really do hope yours are real but if not, I know you can get your money refunded. They even paid for the return shipping label.

Becky, I'm trying to remember what came with my discs. I have a really vague memory of throwing something away, thinking "I don't really need this, do I?" I think it might have been the outer box, but I'm not sure.

I do know that my discs say "THE ULTIMATE YOGI DVD 1,2,3, etc" in two spots on the back and in all caps, not just "Ultimate Yogi." The booklet and calendar are printed on really sturdy paper. That's why I *think* mine is legit. I'm wondering if the seller had a some legit sets mixed in with the bootleg versions to give the appearance of being a reputable vendor. Unlucky for him, at least 2 people have figured out that theirs were fake.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 10:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I am confused about mine. They are in a good quality book of sleeves that is held together by two rivets. The calendar and info booklet fit in the middle and it all slides into a heavy cardboard sleeve. But they have the same writing on the discs as Becky described above. I bought them used on Amazon from a seller with good feedback named Dexter Antiques Trading. I haven't had them long and haven't used any of them yet. [EDIT] They are in plastic bags, and the calendar and info book are heavy duty good quality. Any thoughts?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, ultimate yogi