Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-13, 11:05 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Workout sets with the biggest, fastest and most annoying price drops?

Two recent sets with big price drops that come to mind are Rachel Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes and the now bargain bin $15 Met-Rx 180 systems. I'm talking substantial price drops.

This was OK for me as, being a cranky curmudgeon, I waited things out. I got D2S in a trade and Met-Rx for the bargain price. But, I can see where I'd be mad if I had paid the full, high price.

What other sets have had big, annoying price drops?
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 11:11 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Great idea for a thread! I'm rarely in the loop on these things, but the recent Cathe sale at Collage seemed like an unexpected, and big, price drop. (I can't remember the details of the original price and the sale price; maybe someone else will fill in.)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 11:15 AM  
laurajhawk

It took some months or maybe over a year, but the Urban Rebounder Extreme (URX-MT) set went from $139.95 for just the DVDs, to $99 with the rebounder thrown in.

Admittedly, that happened because the workouts just aren't that good. This did not make me feel better about paying the higher price.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 11:34 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
It took some months or maybe over a year, but the Urban Rebounder Extreme (URX-MT) set went from $139.95 for just the DVDs, to $99 with the rebounder thrown in.
I got mine when the price dropped. Man oh man, I hated those UR workouts. There was a woman in them who looked frenetic/frantic/speed freak maniac. I swear, she gave me the creeps so much I couldn't use the workouts. Thankfully, VFers had tons of ideas about using the rebounder without crazy woman.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 11:35 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Speaking of URX, the Cardio Karate cost plummeted quickly. I got mine on sale at Mary's at a bargain and still rarely do it

Ultimate Yogi also went down in price, or was that just a sale around last Christmas? I picked it up for $55 or so, WELL worth it.

It wasn't as rapid but I know people were mad about the original Dream Body set going on sale. I'm hoping the cardio set goes on sale in the same fashion this year

It seems like Firm sets drop in price too, but not until after several months or a year.
Old 10-13-13, 12:21 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
It seems like Firm sets drop in price too, but not until after several months or a year.
I was mad when the price of Firm BSS2 plummetted so fast that I couldn't even trade them. I ended up SASEing the stink stick and DVDs.

Rodale DVDs (Drop Two Sizes, Delta Fit, etc.) go on sale or drop in price pretty fast, so I'd wait on those if you don't need them immediately. Same with video games.

Firmdancer, do you mean the recent Xtrain sale for $75? There are third parties on Amazon selling it for $74 last I checked

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 12:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I got mine when the price dropped. Man oh man, I hated those UR workouts. There was a woman in them who looked frenetic/frantic/speed freak maniac. I swear, she gave me the creeps so much I couldn't use the workouts. Thankfully, VFers had tons of ideas about using the rebounder without crazy woman.
I call her "Miss Happy Pants."
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 01:03 PM  
marmact

I think anything that is published by Rodale Books drops in price within weeks of release. DeltaFit is another one that had a rapid drop in price.

Someone mentioned Ultimate Yoga - I think it was out for a LONG time (six months to a year) before those sales started to run.
Old 10-13-13, 01:07 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Oh, speaking of UR, I remember finding them in Kohl's for $24, then a week or so later, they cut them even further to $12, with some people getting them free after coupons! That was a fun thread. People were driving miles through blizzards, sneaking into stock rooms looking for them, and other adventures.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 01:15 PM  
Dabbadooey

No, I remember ultimate yogi reducing fairly fast. I paid full price and wished I'd waited a few months. That's why I am delaying warrior 365.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, met-rx 180, ultimate yogi