Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-12, 12:44 PM  
Cammie-Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatie View Post
Selling for $63.95? That's an obscene price for this system.
ITA! And it looks like he/she has lots of people paying that price for it AND offering up great reviews of the seller. I'm wondering if these buyers know that this thing Supreme 90 is so much cheaper in so many other places online AND in stores. I'm so confused!
Old 04-20-12, 12:59 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
ITA! And it looks like he/she has lots of people paying that price for it AND offering up great reviews of the seller. I'm wondering if these buyers know that this thing Supreme 90 is so much cheaper in so many other places online AND in stores. I'm so confused!

i betcha they don't know....otherwise why would they even consider buying it from Ebay and pay this outlandish price.......wow $63.95 is highway robbery for this workout....especially when u can get this now in some places for like 10 bucks or so.....SMH
Old 04-20-12, 01:04 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

You know . . I saw these selling for prices like this about a week ago. I got kinnda mad, then I immediately googled Supreme 90 thinking perhaps everyone else knew something I did not - like perhaps it had gone out of print and people were just trying to get their hands on one. But, nope, saw it listed for $16 somewhere - and even saw it listed for $16 on ebay! I just figured either they were getting ripped off, or there was something I didn't know, like it was a PAL version or being shipped overseas. Wow - that really is crazy! It means a lot of people are buying it for prices like this since I saw one going for a lot over a week ago.
Old 04-20-12, 01:33 PM  
ellaenchanted

Depends on the listing. If it is like the listing posted in the previous post, then it is very clear they are selling S90 Day.
Old 04-20-12, 01:38 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Hi,

I bought what I THOUGHT was a P90x workout on Ebay. Turns out that it is a p90x knock-off. Something called Supreme 90-day. I had punched in P90x into the Ebay search and this came up, because it was a 'p90x-style' workout.

Wrote back to the seller, who does not take returns and has a 100% rating. How could that be? I told her that regardless of her policy, she used misleading advertising and I wanted a refund.

Do you think I have a chance to get my money back? Even if this workout is good, I feel totally duped, and I think I paid more than it is being sold on-line.

Thanks for any insight you may have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
You know . . I saw these selling for prices like this about a week ago. I got kinnda mad, then I immediately googled Supreme 90 thinking perhaps everyone else knew something I did not - like perhaps it had gone out of print and people were just trying to get their hands on one. But, nope, saw it listed for $16 somewhere - and even saw it listed for $16 on ebay! I just figured either they were getting ripped off, or there was something I didn't know, like it was a PAL version or being shipped overseas. Wow - that really is crazy! It means a lot of people are buying it for prices like this since I saw one going for a lot over a week ago.
But that's not the seller's fault though. No one is making them buy it at that price. Most people don't know about internet retailers like Totalfitnessdvds and Collage or that Bed Bath and Beyond is selling it for $8 if you use your 20% Off coupon. The people that are buying these probably saw the infomercial and rather than pay the infomercial price, which btw I have no clue what that's being listed as, I thought it was $19.99 but whatever, they are buying via eBay. Either that or like some us who were burned with BB.com years ago with horrible CS and recurrent credit card charges, they'd rather not pay over the phone or online and take the chance with credit card issues.

I don't know. As a savvy buyer I would not fall into either catagory. But I also remember at some point paying nearly $50 for Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the POunds with weighted balls collection from Best Buy only to see it being offered on a Tv infomercial for half that including shipping not too many months later. Back in the day before I knew about places like TFD and Collage.

Regardless the two points are: (1) No one is making anyone buy it at that price. Why people do is beyond me, but someone is willing to. (2) After clicking the link to see the listing I don't find misleading at all! It doesn't say it's P90X it says it's "like it" being two totally different things. The packaging is clearly not P90X. In this case, it's the buyer that made the mistake, the seller used a lot of highly searched words in the description but never claimed it to be something it wasn't.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Old 04-20-12, 10:16 PM  
Genevieve M

what the listing said

Supreme 90 Day Muscle Confusion P90X Style Workout Get Ripped 10 DVDs Calendar

When I punched in p90x, this item came up. I don't know enough about the product to know that it was NOT p90x. Up for interpretation. I do not believe that she should have mentioned p90x in the description at all.

The only way for me to get her back is to leave bad feedback, open a case, and possibly ask my credit card company if they could refund the cost.
Old 04-20-12, 11:21 PM  
Cammie-Cam

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supreme-90-D...ht_1048wt_1141

Well it say P90X Style Workout, which Supreme 90 is. Even in the description it says "This is a similar system to P90X workouts" not that they ARE P90X workouts. Also the picture isn't of P90X it's of Supreme 90.

I think it would be unfair for you to leave negative feedback to this seller or open a case against her. Not sure if this is the same seller but I'm assuming this is a similar listing to the one you purchased.

Like Artist stated earlier the seller used highly searchable words (P90X) which is what you did, searched for P90X, and this is what came up. The seller never said it WAS P90X. It's up to the buyer to fully read the description.
Old 04-20-12, 11:57 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supreme-90-D...ht_1048wt_1141

Well it say P90X Style Workout, which Supreme 90 is. Even in the description it says "This is a similar system to P90X workouts" not that they ARE P90X workouts. Also the picture isn't of P90X it's of Supreme 90.

I think it would be unfair for you to leave negative feedback to this seller or open a case against her.
I agree. It's pretty clear the item being sold is not P90X, and most P90X systems sold on ebay are bootlegs, anyway.

I don't buy on ebay anymore, since Amazon has a 30-day return policy for any reason.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-21-12, 06:33 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Also, on eBay it is difficult to tell the pirated versions from the real ones. I have had success when I bought from a seller who only had 1 for sale and was shipping from a specific location in the US. I also look for comments such as "I tried this system, but it was not for me," or some other notice that it appears to be genuine.
Warning signs for pirated dvds:
1. International sellers with multiple copies
2. Shipping from ML (multiple locations)
3. Price is too good to be true

When the price is too good to be true (e.g., Turbo Fire with deluxe dvds included for $79) it is generally a fake.
Old 04-21-12, 06:52 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
The people that are buying these probably saw the infomercial and rather than pay the infomercial price, which btw I have no clue what that's being listed as, I thought it was $19.99 but whatever, they are buying via eBay.
I don't know that there was ever an infomercial, but even at their official website it's listed at only $19.99. So I doubt these people have ever seen it before and just assume that's a good price because of the sheer number of dvds included. And if they're leaving good feedback, they must still not know.

Tags
bootleg, ebay