Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-11, 09:37 AM  
CarlaVeg

I bought a bootleg Turbo Fire from Ebay GGGRRRRRRR.... the box came from China.... suspicion #1.... then most of the DVds didn't play in my bluray player.... some played in a normal DVD player but all played in the Playstation, except for one.

I contacted the seller and told her how unethical to be selling boot legged copies.... she refunded some money expect for shipment costs.... I believe I reported her. What a waste of time and money. If the price is too good to be true, don't even bother!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 11:51 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Unfortunately, we have a couple of VF members who make copies of their DVDs for "trade", which isn't any different.
Anyone using VF to knowingly trade unauthorized copies of DVDs is not only violating copyright laws and VF rules, they are also putting this Web site at risk. If this is going on, I need to know about it. If you meant that people are copying a DVD, keeping the copy and trading the legitimate DVD on the exchange, then you're right that is still a violation of copyright laws even if they are obeying the letter of VF rules by trading an original.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 02:16 PM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post
Anyone using VF to knowingly trade unauthorized copies of DVDs is not only violating copyright laws and VF rules, they are also putting this Web site at risk. If this is going on, I need to know about it. If you meant that people are copying a DVD, keeping the copy and trading the legitimate DVD on the exchange, then you're right that is still a violation of copyright laws even if they are obeying the letter of VF rules by trading an original.
I entirely agree.
Old 10-03-11, 03:39 PM  
Blackadar

Wendy, YGM
Old 10-03-11, 08:40 PM  
daisyduke

I only buy from Mary. I have to save and save in order to be able to afford what I want, but it's worth it. She is so helpful, and I know that she only sells legitimate copies.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 06:46 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I only buy from Mary. I have to save and save in order to be able to afford what I want, but it's worth it. She is so helpful, and I know that she only sells legitimate copies.
And she has a generous return policy.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, counterfeit, ebay, fake