Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-11, 06:11 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Ebay and fake workout sets

I'm shopping for a couple Beach Body sets, and I see several Turbo Fire sets listed on Ebay for low starting bids, with short auction timeframes, and many of the sellers are selling many of the same set. Can anyone chime in on your opinion or experirnce with this? I am very hesitant to jump on what looks like a great deal, out of fear of fakes! Any help/advice much appreciated.

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 06:17 PM  
counterclockwise

They are probably fakes, especially if they are selling several copies, and especially if they are starting at very low bids.

I won't buy any Beachbody or Cathe DVDs off ebay - so many people have been sold BB fakes on this forum. I bought some Cathe DVDs years ago off ebay, before I even knew there were bootlegs out there, and as soon as I found out, I checked mine out and sure enough they were fakes.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 08:10 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I checked out some replies here and someone mentioned they found Turbo Jam from Mary. I would like to know who Mary is and how can I contact her? Thx.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 08:14 PM  
gwenna

ah Mary... totalfitnessdvds.com I think you have to go to her Beachbody site for TurboJam, but it's linked on the first page of her site.
gwenna is offline   Reply With Quote
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I checked out some replies here and someone mentioned they found Turbo Jam from Mary. I would like to know who Mary is and how can I contact her? Thx.
Mary is the owner of Total Fitness DVDs, she is also a Beachbody coach who sells BB products. This is her BB coach site: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/

Her main site is: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/default.asp

QVC is another legit seller of BB products: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/a....yah.M227-J710
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
IvysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
her beachbody website is totalfitnessdvds.net
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 08:25 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pet*art*girl* View Post
I'm shopping for a couple Beach Body sets, and I see several Turbo Fire sets listed on Ebay for low starting bids, with short auction timeframes, and many of the sellers are selling many of the same set. Can anyone chime in on your opinion or experirnce with this? I am very hesitant to jump on what looks like a great deal, out of fear of fakes! Any help/advice much appreciated.
Unfortunately, there's been quite a few VFers who have unknowingly bought pirated goods (thought were legit BB products) from ebay, craigslist & amazon market place sellers. The threads tagged w/ "bootlegs" are linked here (many are for BB products & TF): http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=bootlegs
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 11:37 PM  
edensmom

I bought a bootleg copy of Cathe's Pyramid Upper/Lower off ebay. I didn't know what to look for and didn't know it was a bootleg until I traded it to another vf-er who immediately recognized it. I was so embarassed. I won't buy anymore workouts on eBay.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 12:30 AM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone! I will steer way clear of Ebay. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 02:57 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Thank you for very much!!!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, counterfeit, ebay, fake