Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-11, 08:37 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

I have no response back from the seller yet, so I'm just going to go ahead and file a claim.
Old 02-14-11, 08:44 PM  
Blackadar

File a claim on Amazon and toss the DVD. You can't send back counterfeit goods via mail (Federal offense), but you sure can make the seller's life miserable.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 11:55 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
File a claim on Amazon and toss the DVD. You can't send back counterfeit goods via mail (Federal offense), but you sure can make the seller's life miserable.
I wouldn't toss it yet though. Tracy's company may want the DVD.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 08:07 PM  
maria55555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I totally can see where you're coming from... you got a great deal, it's what you want, and the seller will probably resell it or throw it out anyhow... so what would it hurt to keep it? I hear ya. I got a bootleg from ebay, and I was estatic (sp?) when I got my money back & could keep the workout.
Anyhow, you can get the whole PDS (all 3 DVDs!) off QVC for $67.92 plus $5.72 for shipping... so only $24.55 for each one. Only $1.55 more than you paid for one for each DVD. AND, you can get all 3 for that deal!
IMO, it's worth it to have all 3...
Hello, I think I might have just received bootlegged TA DVD's from Ebay but I can't tell for sure. TA customer service is so back logged with new meta series that they aren't able to help me right now. I'm trying to find out if codes on center ring are official. My meta has bar codes along center but Ebay mat, post preg. and cardio don't. Menu screens have funny uneven print but could be intentional. Any tips on what I should look for.
Thanks!
maria55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 08:26 PM  
moonbeam31

I am awaiting amazon's decision-they say Feb 28th they will let me know what they decide- I just want my credit back so I can get the REAL dvd that I thought I was getting. yeah-it was cheaper-but not that much cheaper and nothing warrants a bootleg!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 08:47 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

http://www.covershut.com/Television-...9-FS-Disc.html

They sure do make it easy for these people, don't they?
Old 02-16-11, 11:20 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria55555 View Post
Hello, I think I might have just received bootlegged TA DVD's from Ebay but I can't tell for sure. TA customer service is so back logged with new meta series that they aren't able to help me right now. I'm trying to find out if codes on center ring are official. My meta has bar codes along center but Ebay mat, post preg. and cardio don't. Menu screens have funny uneven print but could be intentional. Any tips on what I should look for.
Thanks!
Hey Maria -

Is the cover art blurry? That can be a sign.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 01:37 PM  
moonbeam31

wow-amazon just refuned my credit!

wow- amazon.com just emailed me and issued a full refund plus shipping charges for the bootleg! All I did was file a claim and state that I believed the DVD I ordered from the seller tinajannete232 was a bootleg copy. I am very happy with this decision and surprised. I guess they invesigated th matter and came to that conclusion. I was not asked to return the DVD and my credit is issued. Just keep an eye out for cheaper than $29.99 Tracy Anderson dvds from just launched sellers! They are more than likyl bootlegs! Amazon is a good company and I have never had any problems like this from them, but I guess I got my refund!
Just wanting to let you guys know in case you have this happen you you!
Tracy
Old 02-17-11, 01:56 PM  
moonbeam31

the cover art on my actual dvd wasn't even the real Tracy Anderson PSDI cover-even if it was a bootleg-It was some other picture of her with some hot pink lettering-it looke really cheap!
Old 02-17-11, 02:15 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

It's more than just launched sellers we need to be careful of. I got sold two Cathe bootlegs from the same seller who had more than 200 ratings with 98% approval.

Unfortunately, I did not discover they were bootlegs until over a year later when WWWendy posted that "how to tell if your DVD is a bootleg" sticky. Lo and behold, they were both bootlegs and I had already left this guy two five-star ratings a year earlier because the service was so good. I complained to both him and Amazon. The seller never replied to me and Amazon, understandably, would not do anything due to the passage of time.

So, just be careful period. If it seems too good of a bargain, it probably is a fake.

Tags
amazon bad seller, amazon marketplace, amazon.com marketplace, bootleg, bootlegs, counterfeit