Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-22, 08:21 AM  
fanofladyvols

I can't wait to try this. I love bands! Thanks Chelepa!!

The other version I have tried is to loop one end of the long least resistance band on a bar above me and have the other end of the band in my hip crease or armpits so my body weight is slightly supported and feels lighter.

It allows me to go thru the full range of motion much like band assisted pullups.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 10:13 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Stumbled across this product and it reminded me of the push-up hack (but much pricier!).
https://www.amazon.com/Sling-Shot-Ma...JZ0RI&from=top
everyone - this link that alison provided shows that you could also use it with bench press and dips. Dips would be the standing vertical dips using a dip attachment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_XNge1cl0

i tried using the booty band with tricep dips on the floor - it provides shoulder stability. you could practice tricep dips with a table behind you. this next link is without a band, but the booty band can be incorporated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82cl90pykE

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 01:34 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I will have to try this. When I was much more fit than I am now I could do toe push ups, but I could never go very deep. I tried and tried, and managed to develop spurs on both wrists, so I backed off. I still do them against the counter, but that's not really the same.
Old 08-16-22, 09:35 PM  
Bearybuff

This is pure genius. Maybe, I can actually work up to a chatturanga now. I was always afraid I would hurt myself without support. Thank you so much!
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 02:51 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearybuff View Post
This is pure genius. Maybe, I can actually work up to a chatturanga now. I was always afraid I would hurt myself without support. Thank you so much!
I am recovering from a car accident with a shoulder injury. It has been a huge help with stability and support for me. Hope it works for you too!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loop band, push up, push up hack, push ups, pushups, pushups proper form, shoulder pain