Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-15-22, 10:29 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Leg and Booty Workout - No Equipment. I forgot how good this one was. Also no repeated moves.

Yesterday was a rest day but DH and I walked and all told I got a lot of steps.

Lynn, glad to hear that you still don't have Covid! What a stressful situation.

Cynthia, there are just a few indoor municipal pools; nothing outdoors. But in order for DD to go, she would have to show a public school pass. She goes to a private online international school. It's strange the pool shortage here.

Diana, great news about your church people being recovered!

Please keep my sister in your prayers. She has already had breast cancer twice as well as melanoma in the past. Now she's been bleeding for two months straight and her doctor sent her for tests. There is a mass in her uterus and her womb is as large as 16 months pregnant. They are going to operate as soon as they can get her in. Praying it is not what it seems to be. Also for her emotionally to have a peace during this time.
Old 08-15-22, 11:08 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, holding your sister in prayer. Please keep us updated.

Check-in: XB Legs 2. Yowzah.

I bought some gear from the xtend barre website, and glad I did. Got the green loop resistance band and their ball. The loop is pretty heavy resistance; it's green and that's what they use on BBOD. I decided not to get the gray one, which has more resistance. The loop doesn't twist up, a novel experience for me. And the ball has lots of texture and doesn't slip.

Hoping Lynn and Diana are still negative for covid.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:18 PM  
lynnf

Still negative and cleared to go back to class. DH continues to improve. Still is positive, but the test line is really faint. By CDC rules he can go out with a mask, but he will stay in for a bit longer. Did 20 minutes of barre 3 and a walk with DH. Our hot weather will break after one more day (supposedly), which will be nice.

Cheryl, prayers for your sister -- absolutely.

Cynthia, nice to have those props. They make a difference.

Diana, nice that your church members are all recovered. Quite a number of folks at my work are dealing with this as well, I've learned. And they all were so careful too. I think this strain is hard not to get, but everyone seems to be coming through ok.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:23 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl I will pray for your Sister.

DH's good friend is now covid +. Nothing so far for me. We received good news about DH's labs. The numbers improved and are now normal. Praise the Lord. It appears he was dehydrated. I don't think I mentioned this but while Pastor was away he scheduled Pastors from out of the area to do sermons for us. It appeared one of the Pastors had a stroke or heart attack before traveling to our area. That's why our Pastor came back from vacation early. But our Pastor came back with covid and couldn't preach. So our Deacons took over for a couple days, then we closed down due to covid. Anyways the Pastor who had gotten sick actually was dehydrated. It messed him up so badly that it was similar to having a stroke. He is having to learn how to walk again.

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 08:42 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 9,019

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-16-22, 01:43 PM  
seabliss

Today I did the Toned Arms workout from Heather, all standing, light weights, a shoulder workout from Zanna van Dijk, and finished with Heather's standing abs with a dumbbell. Being very careful with my bad arm.

Diana, I didn't know anyone could get stroke-like effects from dehydration. That's scary. DD fainted from dehydration at her class the other day. She did that once in preschool too. She forgets to drink water sometimes, and I have to remind her. Maybe we should all check off glasses as we drink them.

Cynthia, the new workout toys sound fun!

Lynn, glad your DH is feeling better and that you've escaped thus far. Hoping this week is low-stress for you.
Old 08-16-22, 03:10 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I might add on some walking later.

Check-In: Pahla B Total Body Strength Circuit (later 30 minute walk)

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-16-22, 08:26 PM  
lynnf

a short barre 3. Coming to the end of this class -- 2 more days. Regular semester will feel easy. Still feeling fine and DH is coming along, though a bit impatient about not feeling 100%. Wish I had more time to workout, but will after Thursday.

Diana, great news about your DH! You must be so proud of him.

Cheryl, scary about your DD. My DS always carries a water bottle with him. Maybe give her a cute one and have her refill.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 07:55 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 9,348

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-17-22, 11:55 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Hydration advice always used to be 6 to 8, 8-ounce glasses of water. Then 21DF said the number of ounces should be half your body weight. The Dr told me that the blood tests showed I was dehydrated; and I was drinking at least 6 glasses per day, and it's not hot around here. Now I drink 2 glasses before morning coffee, and a glass or 2 before each meal. And guess what, the numbers on the scale have started to do down.

I sing in concerts, not frequently, but a few times a year. It can be very hot on stage. And yet, you can't leave the stage to go to the bathroom. Hydration balance is important.

I don't have anything to report from yesterday. DD had the day off, and I took her to the dentist and for a haircut trim. We had lunch and did a little shopping.

Back later.

Check-in: lap swim. I was going to do an XB express before lunch but I was too hungry. Will check back again if I get around to it.

Yes, did XB Express Core.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote