Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-22, 04:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: DB abs. End of round 4. And, BBOD Xtend Barre Signature Express. There are 8 Express workouts @15 min each.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 09:33 AM  
lynnf

Cheryl's cardio. This has 15 one minute rounds 45 seconds one 15 minutes rest, repeated once. No matter how draggy I am when I start, and no matter how I start off thinking I might only do one round, at 10 minutes, when the "Young Love" song hits, my adrenaline kicks in and I'm good for the whole thing. A recent barre 3 workout used that song as a warm up song and it was a bad choice because it has way too much energy to start off a workout with.

Cynthia, it's nice to have express workouts because you can always tack them on to something else. barre 3 has a bunch of 15 and 10 minute ones and I might tack one of those on to my cardio later on today.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 11:36 AM  
seabliss

Lynn, I did the same workout today! It truly is no-dread for the non-cardio lover. I have been adding some marching in place to increase the calorie burn, and it's motivating to see that it works.

The concert was fun. It was great and inspiring for both of us to see high-quality musicians performing again.
Old 07-20-22, 04:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Rest day for me today. Knees are a bit stiff from what I've been doing.

I'm going to cook a new recipe that DD picked from Miss Piggy's cookbook. For years, the only thing I had made from that book was a peanut-sauced angel hair pasta with chicken. Made that recently, and DD went through the book picking out other things that sounded good. Tonight will be a chicken, vegetables, and barley stew.
I'm treating her b/c her bf's Gran died yesterday. Sad that she's gone, but she went the way she wanted: asleep in her own bed, with loving family near.

Then I have choir practice, about which I'm a bit annoyed. The choir has always before had the summer off. But we're also signing up for solos and small groups, so the whole choir won't have to sing every time. I am working on Lord, I Know I Been Changed, done in 2 parts with a tenor. It was part of the San Jose tour choir's repertoire for our Greece tour, back in2014. I had forgotten about it, but last Sunday, as a piano-only version, it was played as the postlude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxd3KGyYZKs
Old 07-21-22, 03:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

The electricity was off for hours. Came back on, noon-ish. But the yard crew will be here soon, and their manager needs to inspect & fix the "rainbird" automatic watering system, so I'm waiting until they leave.

Back later.

Later. Really bummed and not looking forward to this unforeseen expense. I mean, seriously, I knew there were gophers in the yard, but I never heard of such a thing: they bit through all the wires that were supposed to be supplying electricity to the rainbird. The wires will have to be replaced. Just what I wanted, another day with the yard crew's manager. Who is a very nice man, but still.
Old 07-22-22, 08:56 AM  
lynnf

yesterday barre 3 strength, today barre 3 signature, will try to get in some yoga.

Cynthia, sorry for the loss of your DD bf's grandmother. The best way to go, but sad still. I'm sure your DD is grieving so it's nice you are supporting her. Lovely spiritual you are preparing for the choir. And sorry about the costs to the watering system. It is always upsetting to learn of home repair expenses not expected. Critters can do all sorts of bad things to wires, which we sadly learned when we stored our car outside in the country for a year and they made a home in it. I forgot how much that cost us -- sometimes it's good to forget.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 11:05 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, thank you for the sympathy.
Old 07-22-22, 05:01 PM  
seabliss

Today was an unexpectedly busy day. I did Zanna van Dijk's shoulder workout on Youtube, followed by Heather's latest standing abs (10 minutes - Lynn, no dread fun sorta cardio except the last move is higher impact but easy to modify).

Then we had a day of trying to figure out what we could do about our shipping container so we didn't get charged 960 Euros storage fee. Lots of lack of information/misinformation, and the language barrier which caused the shipping company to hang up when we called if no one was there who spoke English. Long story, but because our piano requires special movers, they were just going to leave our things at the dock until a piano mover was available, in a week, at the cost of almost 200/day storage.

At 2:15, we found out that our container was at the warehouse property, but only for a couple of hours. Then it would be returned to the docks and locked up until Monday (400 Euros storage right there). But if we could unload it by 5:30, no fee. We raced, got an Uber, and had two angel friends come and help. We unloaded (with the help of a Portuguese worker there) mostly into their courtyard, and our piano and expensive studio gear/instruments into a small garage. Tomorrow we are taking a van we rented and getting all the gear and smaller things we can. The rest of our stuff will stay outdoors until Monday, when movers get it. The piano, in its crate, will be taken by the piano movers next Thursday.

This was not what we expected. We didn't want to have to personally unload all our things or move them ourselves tomorrow. At the last minute like this though, with the language barrier, at the end of the month, it is almost impossible to find movers.

Anyway, we're thankful it's here, out of customs, and not racking up storage fees. One step at a time!

Cynthia, sorry about the loss of your DD's boyfriend's grandmother. Still holding him in prayer.

My workout tomorrow will be Moving Max, and that will probably be enough.
Old 07-23-22, 01:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you for the prayers, Cheryl. That poor young man has lost his mom and his Gran in less than a year. He was close to both, and they both loved DD.

I hope things go more smoothly for your shipped property.

Back later.
Old 07-24-22, 11:07 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I'm back! It was so nice to get away. Just as I was getting settled in, comfortable, learned how to use the TV's etc., then it was time to come home. I did some workouts while I was away but I didn't bring my computer, so I didn't post. Posting from my phone seemed too much like work, LOL. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. Cynthia, I am very sorry to hear about your DD's boyfriend's Grandmother. He sure has been through a lot.

Check in: 30 minute walk as well as putting up vacation stuff.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote