Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-19, 03:58 PM  
BunnyHop

My experiences seem to be in line with those already expressed. It seems to be very good at ache prevention.

I find the dvds irksomely slow. I totally understand that they want to teach newbies exactly what to do, and how to make sure they do it correctly, but once you've learned, I don't see the value in moving so very slowly.

I don't do streaming so I haven't signed up for her site.

Oddly enough I do prefer following along on a dvd with most things so that I don't forget part of the practice. Not being able to do that with Melt Method is my one frustration.
Old 02-21-20, 02:07 PM  
videofit

My chiro and physical therapist both recommended the MELT Method Hand & Foot kit which is $50. I thought the DVDs were included but you have to pay an additional $10. Sounds like few of you use them so I'm wondering if the illustrated guides that come with the cheaper kit would be enough.

I've been checking eBay and craigslist for used kits but no luck for the past couple of weeks.
Old 02-21-20, 07:36 PM  
Maybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
My chiro and physical therapist both recommended the MELT Method Hand & Foot kit which is $50. I thought the DVDs were included but you have to pay an additional $10. Sounds like few of you use them so I'm wondering if the illustrated guides that come with the cheaper kit would be enough.

I've been checking eBay and craigslist for used kits but no luck for the past couple of weeks.
Sent you a PM
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 12:46 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I swear by MM! So much so that I even subscribed to the on demand site. She has gotten the message and the routines move at a quicker pace generally than the DVDs. There is a lot of variety on the site.

I truly find the method to be amazing. I start with the rest assess and when I practice that again after doing the sequences, the changes are amazing. Everything she says should be different actually is! I find if I do MM a few times a week, I feel markedly more limber and have less pain. It's so weird because you really don't feel like you are doing much, but it really makes a difference.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 12:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Just to follow up - I like Melt Method, but rarely have the patience to do one of the DVD routines.

I've been dealing with chronic pelvic pain for several months.

I read that pelvic pain can be treated by addressing trigger points in the adductor muscles. I'll do the Melt Method adductor routine and sometimes it helps.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 01:40 PM  
lynnf

I do MM every day. I rest assess, do the upper body sequence, neck and hips -- all in about 5 minutes, without any dvd. For me the dvds are training and then I don't use them. But I think the technique is fantastic and definitely prevents and relieves pain.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 01:44 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I swear by MM! So much so that I even subscribed to the on demand site. She has gotten the message and the routines move at a quicker pace generally than the DVDs. There is a lot of variety on the site.

I truly find the method to be amazing. I start with the rest assess and when I practice that again after doing the sequences, the changes are amazing. Everything she says should be different actually is! I find if I do MM a few times a week, I feel markedly more limber and have less pain. It's so weird because you really don't feel like you are doing much, but it really makes a difference.
I’ve been so intrigued with the streaming but wondering how much variety there really is.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 06:44 PM  
carole r.

I just found this thread. I’ve decided to try MELT Method. I haven’t been doing it long enough to review it yet, but I have a question. How does it compare with Fascia Blasting? I like the FB but I have issues with the emphasis their site puts on cellulite. I hope no one gets mad at me for saying that. I have arthritis and sciatica. I want to remain mobile and healthy.
Old 01-04-21, 01:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole r. View Post
I just found this thread. I’ve decided to try MELT Method. I haven’t been doing it long enough to review it yet, but I have a question. How does it compare with Fascia Blasting? I like the FB but I have issues with the emphasis their site puts on cellulite. I hope no one gets mad at me for saying that. I have arthritis and sciatica. I want to remain mobile and healthy.
I think MM would be more relaxing and therapeutic. Sue (very) briefly mentions cellulite in one of the workouts, but that is so not the focus. Plus, MM doesn't leave bruises.

There's no reason not to use both if you also like the FB.

Lord knows, I use about 200 different self-care modalities these days!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:17 PM  
carole r.

Thank you! I’ve gotten used to “liking” comments and wish I could do so here. Sue really has a variety of materials on her streaming site. I’ve used it for a few days and already notice a difference in my “achy” feeling. I’ll continue to use Fascia blasting too. I’m just on my own with that one.

Tags
melt method, sue hitzmann