Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-20, 04:18 PM  
upperwside

Romney streaming service

I signed up for a new streaming site that my dream site I've been waiting for! She has a rebounding and sculpt workout.. A pure sculpt and a bosu workout that's like nothing I've ever done. So challenging but so much fun. She has a 7 day free trial as the price is great. She is adding 3 new class a week and already has a good amount on there. it's called Romney Studios.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 08:11 PM  
SuzieC

Looking forward to hearing more reviews. I’ve heard great things so far!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 07:46 AM  
Rhonda

Looks good but wish there was a video clip of the classes. Maybe there is on and I am not seeing it.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 08:08 AM  
hocuspocus

I think this is a clip
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=373749946645688&_rdr
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 08:13 AM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

I am loving all these workouts, especially the Bosu ones. I'll definitely be keeping this streaming service.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 12:54 PM  
hotncmom

Here's a clip of one of her Bosu workouts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6JtkNsJ1Ds/

I have only done Pulse (sculpt) so far and I love these workouts! If you like LEKFit the style is similar but the workouts are better IMO because:

You can see/hear the instructor easily
The instructor actually cues
The music is a bit more mainstream
The instructor doesn't preen or fix her hair in the mirror

No harm in signing up for the free trial if you're interested! Here's a sped-up version of what a Pulse class is like:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_395UJLfh/

The basic structure is arm weights (light/heavy), standing legs, floor work for legs/butt, planks (sometimes built into floorwork), glute bridges, abs. Each class is a bit different.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 01:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

That's the one, right? https://streaming.romneystudios.com

Seems there are 3 main programs: bosu, bounce and pulse? I also found Romney Studios (with reformer pilates etc) but they appear to be a different entity, right? Thanks for posting clips from FB and Instagram. I didn't find much on youtube. Hmm. Might be worth it to give them a try. I have a bosu but never use it. Like Rhonda, I also wish they had short clips of their classes on their website.
Old 01-07-20, 02:14 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I did Pulse 11/20 the other day and Bosu 12/31 this morning. Pulse was really great, not crazy hard and I really enjoyed the floorwork. Bosu was really challenging, and different than anything else. It’s 80 minutes and I wasn’t planning on doing the whole thing but I was intrigued by what was next ! I would say be patient with yourself when you try it, there’s definitely a learning curve doing those exercises on top of the flipped over Bosu. The music is really good too, tailored to the speed of the workout. Highly recommended. Next I’ll try the bounce workout.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 04:52 PM  
AnMrsDe

Well, wouldn't you know it? I just came back from Target buying a Bosu! I always wanted one and it was on sale ($103.99). And this site looks great, as I have a rebounder also!! I signed up for the 7 day trial....

Jane, that 12/31 Bosu class looks very tough!! Maybe not a good one to try for my first Bosu class ever??? Love the music, vibe, and class atmosphere. I'm going to start with the 11/20 Pulse class...
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 05:15 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
That's the one, right? https://streaming.romneystudios.com

Seems there are 3 main programs: bosu, bounce and pulse? I also found Romney Studios (with reformer pilates etc) but they appear to be a different entity, right? Thanks for posting clips from FB and Instagram. I didn't find much on youtube. Hmm. Might be worth it to give them a try. I have a bosu but never use it. Like Rhonda, I also wish they had short clips of their classes on their website.
Yes, that's the right one! Romney Studios is the same company, they have 2 studio locations in New Orleans and now streaming.

They don't seem to do a lot to advertise their streaming. A few mentions on Instagram here and there. A lot of people seem to be tagging them in IG stories when they do a streaming workout. They will probably grow organically through word of mouth. The studios have also gotten some attention from the GOOP brand as well.

I did read that she is planning to add mat Pilates and some yoga to the site soon as well!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romney studios, romney studios streaming